New features teased in official guidebook (potential SPOILER)

Wow, this is actually major news. I bet this sixth chapter is going to be where you recruit Berkut and his group. 

Spoiler

Maybe defeating Duma will trigger some sort of transformation, engulfing the entire continent, and you get to use both parties to fight through what would essentially be an enormous dungeon? 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the Masked Knight is related to this new chapter 6.

Also, I really hope they translate this. I want it.

54 minutes ago, DIO said:

I don't think Walhart was ever implied to be related to Alm (and Celica); just a man who was deeply inspired by Alm's image. So really it's more of a clash of ideals rather than descendants.

The Japanese-only Awakening background site confirmed that he was a descendant of Alm, I believe.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I doubt that, considering how Gaiden/SoV ends.

It's not really improbable actually. I mean, imagine that suddenly all the countries in a continent become one single super nation. That sort of power can make anyone tense and scared, especially other countries. Who's to say they wouldn't try to assimilate your country next? 

1 minute ago, Water Mage said:

It's not really improbable actually. I mean, imagine that suddenly all the countries in a continent become one single super nation. That sort of power can make anyone tense and scared, especially other countries. Who's to say they wouldn't try to assimilate your country next? 

That's the point.

Spoiler

Alm and Celica do the same thing at the end of Gaiden. Unite Valentia into a single nation. It helps that their continent only had 2 countries to begin with (with the possible exception of the nation that Saber, Jesse, and Kamui create in Greith's Desert, but that still leaves you with a 95%~ united Valentia).

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That's the point.

Reveal hidden contents

Alm and Celica do the same thing at the end of Gaiden. Unite Valentia into a single nation. It helps that their continent only had 2 countries to begin with (with the possible exception of the nation that Saber, Jesse, and Kamui create in Greith's Desert, but that still leaves you with a 95%~ united Valentia).

I know they do the same thing, but there are differences. It's only two countries, unlike Archanea, and both Alm and Celica are from the Royal Families from the countries they united, so their union of countries would be sort expected after their marriage. And just because the united the countries as well, doesn't mean they wouldn't be wary of someone who does the same thing. After all, they don't know Marth personally. For all they know, he could be an ambitious tyrant, so it wouldn't be wrong for them to be wary of Marth. And who's to say Archanea isn't wary of Valentia as well? When someone gets too much power, it's natural for others to be wary of them. It's one of the most basic rules of politics.

11 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Reveal hidden contents

I know they do the same thing, but there are differences. It's only two countries, unlike Archanea, and both Alm and Celica are from the Royal Families from the countries they united, so their union of countries would be sort expected after their marriage. And just because the united the countries as well, doesn't mean they wouldn't be wary of someone who does the same thing. After all, they don't know Marth personally. For all they know, he could be an ambitious tyrant, so it wouldn't be wrong for them to be wary of Marth. And who's to say Archanea isn't wary of Valentia as well? When someone gets too much power, it's natural for others to be wary of them. It's one of the most basic rules of politics.

Spoiler

In theory, but keep in mind Valentia and Archaneia are separated by an ocean. Unless you have Spanish Armada or British Royal Navy level of naval power, the idea of invading a continent that far away isn't that big. Take our world. Did Europe began to fear that the rise of the US meant an invasion to Europe itself? Their colonies in the Americas, maybe, but not an invasion to Europe itself.

Besides, that's only taking in consideration that the two continents are largely aware of each other, which from what we know, it actually isn't. How many times was Valentia actually mentioned in New Mystery or its remake? Or Archaneia in Valentia outside the Whitewings? Does Alm even knows Archaneia exists? Does Marth about Valentia?

Personally, I don't think it's needed to include Archaneia at all, beyond what's already there (Whitewings and Camus/Zeke). Let Valentia shine on its own, I'd say.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Wow. My vague prediction: Chapter 6 will feature certain things to reference past games/future events. Something to tie Gaiden even closer to the Archanean games.

I wondered if the sixth chapter will add third tier promotion for Alm and Celica. It be nice to add a new chapters and postpone campaigns since we are getting Prologue and possibly Paralogues in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.

Edited by King Marth 64

I get the feeling that Chapter 6 will be all about connecting the events of the War of Shadows, the Valentian war, the War of Heroes and the concepts introduced in Awakening into a single whole. And yes, the risk of IS mucking it up would be as high as it sounds. But hey, maybe we'll actually get a peak at what Gharnef's assassins were doing during the War of Shadows (and maybe see the official other name for Katarina) as well as Char coming back from his time in Archanea as Sirius.

I think chapter 6, being a post game story, will not feature the normal battle-to-battle progression, since the cast splits up after the war. Instead, you get a selection of episodes that detail what the various characters are up to (similar to the Elibean Nights Hack). Like how Kamui and his gang gather potential citizens for their new country, or Sonya dealing with that stuff that was revealed about her in her ending in Gaiden.

14 minutes ago, Night Zap said:

I think chapter 6, being a post game story, will not feature the normal battle-to-battle progression, since the cast splits up after the war. Instead, you get a selection of episodes that detail what the various characters are up to (similar to the Elibean Nights Hack). Like how Kamui and his gang gather potential citizens for their new country, or Sonya dealing with that stuff that was revealed about her in her ending in Gaiden.

I would definitely like to see this happen. It would be very interesting and also give units actual arcs.

Here's another plot twist for ya:

In CH6, the Radiant Hero makes his first actual canon appearance in 10 years, ultimately legitimizing Priam.

Who knows? May cant come any sooner

Hey won't this be the first game to actually have a post game similar to PMD explorers of sky (love that game by the way) besides trial maps and towers to beat?

Oh the possibilities that can come from this. I love how we will have a post game in an FE. That doesn't involve DLC. The fact that this will be a chapter 6 gives me New Mystery vibes. Maybe this'll be some kind of "War of Heroes" on Valentia. Or it could end with a crossover, with the main characters meeting Marth. 

Spoiler

Marth has to wonder where the whitewings went and where Camus came from after the war of darkness. And of course wonder what was going on in his neighbor's continent.  The news about a major war and how a boy and girl saved a continent with a ragtag liberation army has to spark the Prince of Altea's interest.

A man could dream.... And Forgive me if my grammar is awful.

i hope it isn't awful

i think i'll just assume the worst until we see it, but i'll also assume that i'll be able to pretend it doesn't exist if it is awful

A postgame that involves Marth in some way would at least make that Marth pin make some degree of sense. I'm wary of letting Marth into a game where the protagonists are already overshadowed as hell by every other lord, though.

I would be very disappointed if Chapter 6 involved Akaneia or more of its cast. Marth doesn't need anymore spotlight (especially at Alm and Celica's expence), and Valentia doesn't need any further ties to the events of Akaneia outside of the Whitewings and that other character. I'm hoping it'll just be a post-game a la Creature Campaign, or something to do with the new characters from Echoes.

Edited by AzureSen

5 minutes ago, Hardin said:

It could be some kind of battle for the throne against Berkut, but that seems kind of anti climatic after fighting Duma. 

You've heard of slaying a god, now get ready for slaying your emo thot cousin