Next Banner

Sentinel07

47 minutes ago, r4v1sh said:

Do we know each characters skills yet? I gather people managed datamine the new skills, but, as far as we know, windsweep could be, like, Clair's, or even Lukas, right? I'm guessing only Firesweep Bow has an obvious owner.

This banner just got a load more interesting. I'm definetely burning some (a lot) orbs.

I think we can only guess at this point. From what I gather, it seems they changed some of the data structure and obfuscated some data with the update, so datamines appear to be limited to images and strings as best as I could tell.

Firesweep Bow and Bow Experience are obviously Faye's because Faye is the only bow-user.

The only other new datamined skills are Windsweep (when initiating combat against a physical weapon user, prevents own follow-up attack and prevents opponent from counterattacking entirely when own Spd exceeds opponent's Spd by 5/3/1), Fortress Def (+3/4/5 Def, -3/3/3/ Atk), and Hit and Run (Lunge without changing the target's position). It's anyone's guess who has what and what pre-existing skills they'll have in addition.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Hit and Run (Lunge without changing the target's position)

Or more like Drag Back without the actual dragging back part? Or an anti-Knock Back?

My guess is Fortress Defender as Lukas' skill and Hit and Run (and possibly Windsweep) Clair's.

Edited by Vaximillian

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I think we can only guess at this point. From what I gather, it seems they changed some of the data structure and obfuscated some data with the update, so datamines appear to be limited to images and strings as best as I could tell.

Firesweep Bow and Bow Experience are obviously Faye's because Faye is the only bow-user.

The only other new datamined skills are Windsweep (when initiating combat against a physical weapon user, prevents own follow-up attack and prevents opponent from counterattacking entirely when own Spd exceeds opponent's Spd by 5/3/1), Fortress Def (+3/4/5 Def, -3/3/3/ Atk), and Hit and Run (Lunge without changing the target's position). It's anyone's guess who has what and what pre-existing skills they'll have in addition.

Hmm, I saw the promotional video now just now, and it also showed:

Alm has Dragon Gaze
Clair has no special
Lukas has a special that doesn't trigger when attacking (probably a defensive one)
Faye has Daylight

So I'd say Faye's skillset is only lacking one extra skill to be completely guessable. We still lack info for the others.

Update: In the video, it looks like Clair uses a Silver Lance and Lukas a Brave one.

Edited by r4v1sh

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Or more like Drag Back without the actual dragging back part? Or an anti-Knock Back?

My guess is Fortress Defender as Lukas' skill and Hit and Run (and possibly Windsweep) Clair's.

The skill description says "advance one square". My assumption is that it's Lunge, but only works on a kill (because the square is only open when you kill your target), hence "hit and run".

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, Kiran said:

Firesweep Bow looks like an annoying weapon to deal with, especially if its inheritable. Just thinking of firesweep + close counter + vantage on someone slow like Gordin. 

I think firesweep prevents the unit from countering too, so it would probably nullify close counter. My bet is the bow will only shine on glasscanon Life and Death builds.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The skill description says "advance one square". My assumption is that it's Lunge, but only works on a kill (because the square is only open when you kill your target), hence "hit and run".

Well, you usually run away after you hit in a hit and run, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Just now, r4v1sh said:

I think firesweep prevents the unit from countering too, so it would probably nullify close counter. My bet is the bow will only shine on glasscanon Life and Death builds.

Oh so its not a wary fighter effect? But straight up prevents them from countering?

Just now, Kiran said:

Oh so its not a wary fighter effect? But straight up prevents them from countering?

Yeah, the description I read was that it prevented countering altogether, from both user and enemies.

For people's reference, since it appears no one ever posted it specifically in this thread:

Firesweep Bow(+): Effective against fliers. Unit and enemies cannot use counterattacks.

Fortress Def 1/2/3: Grants Def+3/4/5. Inflicts Atk-3.

Hit and Run: If unit initiates attack, unit advances 1 space after battle.

Windsweep 1/2/3: If unit initiates attack, no follow-up occurs. Against foe with sword, lance, axe, bow, or dagger, if unit’s Spd - foe’s Spd ≥ 5/3/1, foe can’t counterattack.

Bow Exp. 1: If unit survives and uses a bow, unit gets 1.5x EXP. (If similar skill effects also used, only highest multiplier applies.)

Bow Exp. 2/3: If unit survives, all bow users on team get 1.5/2x EXP. (If similar skill effects also used, only highest multiplier applies.)

Fortress defense is a pretty situational skill, but I could see some units benefitting from it. 

What exactly does Hit and Run do?  When an archer attacks someone they move up one space so they're right in front of that unit?  Seems like the most situational skill yet.

Edited by Lushen

5 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Fortress defense is a pretty situational skill, but I could see some units benefitting from it. 

What exactly does Hit and Run do?  When an archer attacks someone they move up one space so they're right in front of that unit?  Seems like the most situational skill yet.

Currently, none of the positioning passive B skills can be used by ranged units.

As I mentioned in my previous post, my assumption is that it behaves exactly like Lunge, but only when you make a kill (so that the square is now open for you to move into), hence "hit and run".

Not sure if it means anything but in the video, Lukas is using a killer lance and Clair is using a Silver Lance. 

Also it looks like Lukas has a defensive special since it didn't activate when he attacked. 

Edited by Kiran

20 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Also it looks like Lukas has a defensive special since it didn't activate when he attacked. 

he could have one that activates on the map, though a defensive one is more likely considering he promotes to knight

2 minutes ago, unique said:

he could have one that activates on the map, though a defensive one is more likely considering he promotes to knight

Wouldn't work if he had AOE. That means the special wouldn't be shown charged in the video, since he is initiating the attack. It would have already taken place and shown no special.   

Edited by Kiran

I have a thought, what if hit and run ends up being like the cavalry in FE4 where after attacking they were still allowed to move? I guess Fortress Defense will be the opposite of L&D. Windsweep doesn't help if you're already trying to OHKO units. It's probably best for chip damage/weakening an enemy without having to trade. I could certainly see fast, tough units getting a free single hit in then doubling up on the counter attack the enemy turn.

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The japanese text says retreat no?

7 hours ago, Kiran said:

Firesweep Bow looks like an annoying weapon to deal with, especially if its inheritable. Just thinking of firesweep + close counter + vantage on someone slow like Gordin. 

Any weapon with a + next to their name is inheritable. As stated in the description, the weapon will also prevent the user from counter attacking. No point in giving Vantage and Close Counter.

Edited by Clogon

I was under the impression 'Hit and Run' is just Heroes version of Canto with attacking rather than villages, except with only one square. It would mean Leo would infinitely kite melee units, however. 

13 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

I was under the impression 'Hit and Run' is just Heroes version of Canto with attacking rather than villages, except with only one square. It would mean Leo would infinitely kite melee units, however. 

Those skills usually aren't usable on ranged units. 

14 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Currently, none of the positioning passive B skills can be used by ranged units.

As I mentioned in my previous post, my assumption is that it behaves exactly like Lunge, but only when you make a kill (so that the square is now open for you to move into), hence "hit and run".

Apologies, I should have seen your post, dunno how it slipped past me.

I still find that rather situational, especially for a passive B.  Still, it's better than Lunge.  Don't know why anyone would want to catapult their unit forward with a live unit behind them (and probably in front of them as well)

I guess it's only use is if you want to trap a ranged unit in between two of your units (in case the Lunger can't KO....but yeah pretty situational

if only it was like in Fates where you can choose when to Lunge and not have it be automatic every time

10 hours ago, Clogon said:

The japanese text says retreat no?

The Japanese skill description text in the announcement is

戦闘後、自分を1マス手前へ移動させる

which translates as "after combat, moves self 1 square forward".

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The Japanese skill description text in the announcement is

戦闘後、自分を1マス手前へ移動させる

which translates as "after combat, moves self 1 square forward".

It moves after the battle, yeah. Just see it with the paralogues. Clair moved one square on the side after the battle. But I don't know if it have a definite patern.

Edited by Ledrert