The Official Encourage Thread!

DeSu

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many pirates? Because I only remember there being two or three tops in any given map with pirates. Hardly a reason to bring in a second sword unit that is going to be a detriment when attacking the much more common knights and cavaliers and soldiers with lances.

Also, armorslayers are kind of pathetic, especially that early on in Mia's hands because of her low base strength. She'll still double armors, I guess, but she'll still have pretty significant AS loss. That and even with the bonus damage, you're better off attacking most Knights with a Steel Axe over an Armorslayer. Your guy is less likely to get hit on top of still hitting for more damage because they have better strength scores and their weapon has higher might.

I must admit, she's difficult to use at first, but if you plan to use her, having Rhys near her helps, as does an Armorslayer. And there are at least 3-4 pirates on that beach chapter. Ike's going for the gate, so he isn't likely to be up there. Ilyana and Mia make a good tag team up there, Rolf also if you're using him.

I must admit, she's difficult to use at first, but if you plan to use her, having Rhys near her helps, as does an Armorslayer. And there are at least 3-4 pirates on that beach chapter. Ike's going for the gate, so he isn't likely to be up there. Ilyana and Mia make a good tag team up there, Rolf also if you're using him.

I actually used Ike and Soren to clear the beach relatively quickly. I kind of liked having Ike up top because it's closer to where Marcia spawns. After you finish clearing the beach, have Marcia fly Ike closer to the gate.

Couple extra turns, maybe. Not always. Considering you can take and then run further ahead with Marcia, Oscar, and Titania, even from the top left-most corner of the map, I bet you could make it to the gate in 2 or three turns.

Or you could just use Mia and Ilyana up top. *shrugs* Both are pretty strategically viable.

I use Mia to kill generals (and everything else).

In Radiant Dawn, that is. She can't do that in PoR. She sucks there, unfortunately.

Bah, I knew there was something wrong when Zihark beats her (or is close to her) in almost every stat while he's three levels below.

Wallace, Dozla, Isadora.

Wallace may not be a superstar like Oswin, but he turns out pretty well if you abused him in Lyn's mode before promoting him. At the very least he'll be able to kill anything short of Lloyd when you meet up with him again. Mine have been killed before I even recruited the bastard...

Wallace may not be a superstar like Oswin, but he turns out pretty well if you abused him in Lyn's mode before promoting him. At the very least he'll be able to kill anything short of Lloyd when you meet up with him again. Mine have been killed before I even recruited the bastard...

Wait... you're suggesting abuse? :o

Also, some characters I recommend using that are usually not recommended are the following (I'll only list some for FE7, 8 and 9 because I'm lazy >_<):

FE7: Dorcas, Louise, Isadora

FE8: Amelia, Innes, Saleh, Duessel

FE9: Tormod, Largo, Devdan

Dozla sucks, no doubt. He's good for two or perhaps three chapters, then he sucks. Lategame he's possibly your worst unit. He really sucks.

And Amelia > Dozla

I just wanted to say that ^_^

And Amelia > Dozla

I just wanted to say that ^_^

I'll prove otherwise! ^_^

Let's see...people should really use Lot in FE6. He's pretty durable and has a good Dieck support, but few seem to think he's any good. :(

Let's see...people should really use Lot in FE6. He's pretty durable and has a good Dieck support, but few seem to think he's any good. :(

Finally, someone who actually appreciates Lot. I was beginning to think I was the only one who thought he was a worthwhile character. :(

Finally, someone who actually appreciates Lot. I was beginning to think I was the only one who thought he was a worthwhile character. :(

He's tied for the highest defense growth in the game minus Karel. That has to mean something.

Wallace, Dozla, Isadora.

Isadora was covered so I won't go into that.

Wallace, he's got fantastic defense (interchangable with Lowen because he's got better bases with almost equivalent growths) except he's got better strength so he tends to hit harder. And he's bald.

Dozla, he's actually got pretty good growths. I've had Ross as a level 1 berserker a map or two after he joined and realized Dozla actually had the same speed, but his growth in the area is twice as good so he ends up with enough speed to get by. His personal lightning affinity helps out his low avoid and defense as well as boosting his critical. Teaming him up with Garcia helps his already pretty good offense out, or you can team him up with L'Arachel or Ewan to boost both his offensive and defensive capabilities. Remember that the berserker class has some pretty nice inherent bonuses with their massive crit.

Considering Ross is much more difficult to raise up than Dozla, he's actually pretty good. The only other main axe guys assuming you don't go out of your way with certain guys after they promote are Garcia, Ross and Duessel.

Dozla, he's actually got pretty good growths. I've had Ross as a level 1 berserker a map or two after he joined and realized Dozla actually had the same speed, but his growth in the area is twice as good so he ends up with enough speed to get by. His personal lightning affinity helps out his low avoid and defense as well as boosting his critical. Teaming him up with Garcia helps his already pretty good offense out, or you can team him up with L'Arachel or Ewan to boost both his offensive and defensive capabilities. Remember that the berserker class has some pretty nice inherent bonuses with their massive crit.

All he can hope for is B Garcia, who isn't even likely to be played. L'Arachel and Ewan fail. They aren't being played, leaving Dozla supportless, having only two or three chapters of being awesome, while he is arguably your worst unit for the rest of the game.

And he has crappy offense. He can't double shit.

You're assuming supports again. If you WANT to pigeonhole into the first support options that come your way, that's totally your option, but many people choose to wait because they may not need the supports right away or plan on using a character that joins down the road that unit can support.

You're assuming supports again. If you WANT to pigeonhole into the first support options that come your way, that's totally your option, but many people choose to wait because they may not need the supports right away or plan on using a character that joins down the road that unit can support.

Meh. Maybe it would be more accurate to say "On the whole, Dozla's support options are not as efficient and beneficial as those of many other characters in the game, and, in fact, they may have a detrimental affect on your team."

Basically, Dozla's supports just aren't as appealing over all. But Dozla is sexy stuff.

Hell, since this is an encourage thread...

USE EVERY UNIT YOU HAVEN'T USED BEFORE! EVERYONE!

Oh, you want motivation? 7-9 are really easy anyway, NM FE6 and FE10-11 should be fine too with basically every configuration ever. Hell, HM RD isn't OMGWTFHAXTEAMNEEDED Hard either. HM5 FEDS is though. :( FE4 you can use everybody anyway. FE5... Uh... I'll get back to you on this one.

FE5 is definitely hard. You really have to use strategy there. It's not like Sacred Stones where you can throw anyone you want at the front and watch him/her kill everything.