The Official Encourage Thread!

DeSu

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who don't like healers: I encourage you to raise up all who start off with just healing. Only one per run if you so wish.

I'm pretty weird. A lot of the time I use multiple units who start out with just Healing. Lots of Magic Users in general, actually...

In FE7 I almost always use Serra, Erk, Priscilla and Lucius (<3). In FE8 I almost always use Moulder, Natasha, Artur, and Lute. In FE9 I almost always use Rhys, Mist, Ilyana, and often Soren. Etc.

And from both a Personal Experience view, and a technical view, using starter Healers, hell, using several of them, is pretty damn helpful. So yeah, what Fox said.

I like to use as many healers (doods who start out with just staves) as possible. They don't eat combat exp, so why not? I use all three in FE6 and both in FE7, often both in FE9. In FE10, I didn't use both of the GM's healers. Rhys's spd just looks so bad. He did get some time in as filler, though.

Edited by Reikken

Healers are some of my favourites. I dunno why, but there's something charming about them all!

Though in the past, I usually tried to raise a healer, but then benched him/her in the later chapters. Recently, I tried not to bench healers and it makes playing the games much more fun!

I've done that with Serra in FE7 once upon a time. It helped. She turned out pretty good. I still prefer Lucius, though.

They always toss you other people that require less work, that turn out pretty good, and can still heal on top of it in most the games, though. Pent, Saleh, Elincia all come to mind.

If only Elincia didn't join wtfridiculously late, she could be pretty good. 4 chapters left in the game? Come on. (I seem to remember her not being able to participate in one of them. Am I just imagining things?)

In FE9, you don't get any potential staff users that join above level 7 unpromoted until the end of the game. And the lv 7 one is extremely underleveled.

So it's kind of odd in that regard.

Edited by Reikken

I've tried so hard to use staff users before they get the ability to fight but I just can't seem to make them useful. It's kind of frustrating, honestly, because they tend to have absolutely killer stat gains.

Probably doesn't mesh well with how you play the game...

You think it would, because I intentionally stick certain guys in harm's way and if they even take a point of damage or two, I could still heal it.

Goes to show that even generals dodge often enough with how pathetic a lot of the enemies are outside of the first half of any game on hard mode.

Isadora was covered so I won't go into that.

Wallace, he's got fantastic defense (interchangable with Lowen because he's got better bases with almost equivalent growths) except he's got better strength so he tends to hit harder. And he's bald.

Dozla, he's actually got pretty good growths. I've had Ross as a level 1 berserker a map or two after he joined and realized Dozla actually had the same speed, but his growth in the area is twice as good so he ends up with enough speed to get by. His personal lightning affinity helps out his low avoid and defense as well as boosting his critical. Teaming him up with Garcia helps his already pretty good offense out, or you can team him up with L'Arachel or Ewan to boost both his offensive and defensive capabilities. Remember that the berserker class has some pretty nice inherent bonuses with their massive crit.

Considering Ross is much more difficult to raise up than Dozla, he's actually pretty good. The only other main axe guys assuming you don't go out of your way with certain guys after they promote are Garcia, Ross and Duessel.

Woooooow. Your ross got SERIOUSLY spd screwed. My lvl 10 Pirate Ross has 13 speed. Dozla starts off with 9 speed.

I wasn't seriously speed screwed, actually. I think level 1 berserker Ross has like 13 speed on average.

*goes to check*

Yup. Here you go.

Dozla actually has better growths in the area. Twice as much, in fact. If your Ross got even remotely speed screwed (20% gains = slug) then Dozla will actually be faster. Average, Dozla ends up with 16 or 17 while Ross ends up with 18 or 19. It's not a huge difference. In fact, the only major difference between the two at max level is simply that Ross has had more time to grow into his stats because they have the same strength and skill growth rates while Dozla actually beats him in speed, defense, and resistance. Ross' luck is his only growth that's better. It's a significant advantage especially because he'll have like 20 luck when level equivalent vs. Dozla's 9, but my point is that Dozla isn't half bad at what he does, which is hurt people for big numbers.

I wasn't seriously speed screwed, actually. I think level 1 berserker Ross has like 13 speed on average.

*goes to check*

Yup. Here you go.

Dozla actually has better growths in the area. Twice as much, in fact. If your Ross got even remotely speed screwed (20% gains = slug) then Dozla will actually be faster. Average, Dozla ends up with 16 or 17 while Ross ends up with 18 or 19. It's not a huge difference. In fact, the only major difference between the two at max level is simply that Ross has had more time to grow into his stats because they have the same strength and skill growth rates while Dozla actually beats him in speed, defense, and resistance. Ross' luck is his only growth that's better. It's a significant advantage especially because he'll have like 20 luck when level equivalent vs. Dozla's 9, but my point is that Dozla isn't half bad at what he does, which is hurt people for big numbers.

:(

Your post sadz me. I guess I'm just extremely lucky, cuz my Ross is always a speed demon.