The Official Encourage Thread!

DeSu

I've seen a lot of negativity about units, as well as positivity. That's ok. But one thing I cannot stand is when people refuse to use units. I mean they like FIGHT against using a character. And I HATE it. So in this thread, state characters that you think aren't that good, and lets see if other people can find reasons why that unit should be used or is actually a good unit.

GO

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not against using anyone. In fact, I usually try to rotate my teams as much as possible. Using the same characters over and over is rather boring, and there isn't anyone in this particular game that is game-breakingly terrible.

I'm not against using anyone. In fact, I usually try to rotate my teams as much as possible. Using the same characters over and over is rather boring, and there isn't anyone in this particular game that is game-breakingly terrible.

Yeah, I know, but people often don't use characters because other people use them a lot. Some people think the characters are "overrated"( which they can be), but not using them because of it annoys me. Main reason is because I was talking with Kiba, and I want to make sure there aren't others close-minded like him <.<

When Ena joins, slap the Resolve scroll on her, and she and Ike together can make short work of Ashnard. No bexp needed. Nice for hard mode, especially if your Ike is RNG-screwed.

Edited by Reikken

Ena I cannot help with.

Bartre is amazing. His speed may start off lacking, but it will usually start to go up a decent amount, unlike Dorcas, who is VERY likely to get destroyed in that area. Also, Bartre has a support with Canas, who I usually find is lacking supports. He uses axes. He turns into a warrior, one of the best classes due to use of awesome axes AND bows, which turn into amazing destructive tools in their hands. And he has better con than Raven( upon promotion) and Dart, other common axe users.

Bartre is more likely to have higher speed than Dorcas, even with his lower base.

And Canas uses Dark Magic, which is pretty cool. Not to mention the fact that he is the only user of it. I've found him quite useful, seeing as I find myself covered by anima users, I like to just keep it too, Prissy, Serra, Nino and Canas. For variety

Lyn. Its easy to see why she gets a 9/10 average as a unit ranked by its usefulness. She may start off weak, which may turn people off at first, but she becomes quite the contender later on. (Pretty much the the majority of the Lord class.) (She usually caps speed and skill on average, but she is no slouch in other areas. Except maybe defense, but that's generally about it.) Expect her to make plenty of headshots when she has a bow equipped. She's pretty much a happy camper with a Killer Bow. (And even if she doesn't critical, the enemy facing her is pretty much kaput either way. It just takes a little longer when she has a bow equipped, seeing as being attacked at close range when she's holding a bow = not enough reaction time to load a bow right away.)

Edited by Little Al

Canas is actually one of my more favorite guys in FE7. Yeah, sure, he's not the fastest guy out there but he doesn't particularly need to be. One hit from even the basic dark magic will get most enemies near death so you can mop them up with your weaker guys without ever having to put anyone in harm's way. He's also one of the better support options for most the other people he can support, although some of them can be kind of spotty in their own way.

Canas is actually one of my more favorite guys in FE7. Yeah, sure, he's not the fastest guy out there but he doesn't particularly need to be. One hit from even the basic dark magic will get most enemies near death so you can mop them up with your weaker guys without ever having to put anyone in harm's way. He's also one of the better support options for most the other people he can support, although some of them can be kind of spotty in their own way.

Canas I find to be pretty average... Except! Luna is way fucking broken in FE7. I encourage people to use Canas once or twice simply because of that Tome. It might not be huge, but just the hilarity of it is amazing. Hell, for even more hilarity, slap Two Speedwings and a Body Ring on him. And increase his Mag if it isn't max. 60 damage per round no matter what? Nice. You should at least use him once just to see that. It's just hilarious.

Canas I find to be pretty average... Except! Luna is way fucking broken in FE7. I encourage people to use Canas once or twice simply because of that Tome. It might not be huge, but just the hilarity of it is amazing. Hell, for even more hilarity, slap Two Speedwings and a Body Ring on him. And increase his Mag if it isn't max. 60 damage per round no matter what? Nice. You should at least use him once just to see that. It's just hilarious.

Pretty much one of the reasons I say to use him!

Dark magic is pretty awesome in FE7. Flux has 8 MT with 45 uses for 900 gold while the equivalent Anima magic (Thunder) has 8 MT with only 35 uses for 700 gold. They're pretty equal. Considering Canas' pretty decent growths in Magic, he usually lays down pretty big damage.

Then you've got Luna, which makes bosses a total joke. negating resistances? Really? That's not even fair.

Flux has 7 mt. 8 wt.

Thunder has 8 mt. 6 wt. And 5 crit.

And usually attacking twice > negating res but with a 0 mt weapon. lol 12 wt. Luna is over-rated.

Sure, it's nice for things with 20+ res, but those are rare.

Edited by Reikken

I LUVS ME SOME CANAS

knoll- can be a decent summoner, or if you're like me (an RNG god) he can just be win