Full Dengeki Interview Translation

40 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Damn, they fully remade Gaiden in a little over a year?

I hope they can keep this kind of pace if they intend on doing more remakes.

It's closer to 2 years and it's not that uncommon so far as development cycles go. About as much time between 11 & 12 and between 12 & awakening. Fates had more time in the oven probably since it was 3 versions.

17 hours ago, Reflex said:

Hidari has always known to be a woman, but some people erred on saying guy or no gender because they don't trust wikipedia.

Someone was kind enough to direct me to a tweet where they proclaim to be a man (while using female pronouns), so changed it to male pronouns for now until the next counter example comes along.

17 hours ago, Mysterique Sign said:

So Hidari is a woman?

See above!

14 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Appreciate the translation.

Question for anybody who knows Japanese: is Hidari specifically referred to as female? There's still some dumb crap elsewhere with people saying they can't take it seriously and "the translator just inserted the assumed gender".

It really, really saddens me if that is the take away from the interview. A pronoun mishap and the entire thing goes out the window... I apologize and have corrected it after someone found a more solid piece of evidence for me.

But to answer your question, no, the pronouns are all gender neutral. xD And Hidari using female first person pronouns does not help someone like me who is purely a text translator... sigh. Sorry.

I'm also just going to tweet to them directly to get to the bottom of it. The fact it's still an argument means there's no clear answer on the matter... xD But some pictures look masculine, but it's really hard to count that these days. After all imagine the fallout from someone who looks like a man turning out to be a woman...

It's more of a mishap in research though than translation... I do hope this doesn't become a thing in the future though. "Oh, that's Kirokan. Forget about their translations, they messed up Hidari's gender."

xD...

Edited by Kirokan

2 hours ago, Kirokan said:

It really, really saddens me if that is the take away from the interview. A pronoun mishap and the entire thing goes out the window... I apologize and have corrected it after someone found a more solid piece of evidence for me.

Eh, that stuff was from the subreddit. There's plenty of assholes and stupidity there anyways. It's no big deal.

16 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Eh, that stuff was from the subreddit. There's plenty of assholes and stupidity there anyways. It's no big deal.

Thanks. xD I do check the referral links, but didn't scroll down past a certain point --I love and welcome (constructive) criticism, but slandering faceless people is all too easy I think... so I don't know specifically what may have been said, but perhaps it's better that way!

Anyway it's been nice seeing the supportive people on this forum and elsewhere. So thanks for that! I'm working on some other stuff at the moment and can't wait to announce another project I hope to do alongside the Tellius Recollection one!

Edited by Kirokan

Ignoring the FE reddit is the safest option regardless. You pretty much have a vocal minority attacking people everytime you bring up the new games. Like some nutcase took away that entire interview of yours as "Oh, so it was Kazuki's fault all along. Bomb his house."

3 hours ago, Reflex said:

Ignoring the FE reddit is the safest option regardless. You pretty much have a vocal minority attacking people everytime you bring up the new games. Like some nutcase took away that entire interview of yours as "Oh, so it was Kazuki's fault all along. Bomb his house."

And another said Awakening was "illegitimate" and made of "literal shit". I called them out on it, at least.
The sub's fine 90% of the time but downright pathetic the remaining 10%.

I see... for those reasons I do not have an account there, despite how much I would love to share all this info directly with the other 90%. But I'm glad the posts end up there somehow. : )

I did like how at least one person commented on the article with a link and politely stated the correct information. I feel that if a lot of people really cared about the inaccuracy of my translation, they would have stepped forward to tell me sooner rather than laugh among themselves about it. xD

8 hours ago, Reflex said:

Oh dear. When translating that and the sort of in-fighting and differences of approaches, I was wondering how a lot of people would take that. xD