Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

5 hours ago, wizzard of soz said:

bless..the pun party over on Henry's side is something i'm sad to miss out on. gotta keep rockin' the Robin though. honestly, with the name Robin, we can probably jump on the bird pun train. but it's just not the same

You should jump on the bird pun train! I mean, sure, crows eat dead robins, but don't worry about that. You should be fearless in the face of an enemy that will eat you when you die!

4 hours ago, sdgj1994 said:

So my initial plan was to join Team Robin, as he along with Merric were the only two mages I had and trained up properly.

Change of plans--you join Team Merric! This sounds optimal.

2 hours ago, wizzard of soz said:

i'm not sure about that. i never even knew who Julia was before Heroes, was her game released outside of Japan? if not i'd think that would cut into her fanbase a bit just by way of inaccessibility.

Me neither. I never played Genealogy or Thracia, sooo... yeah.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IT STARTS SOON IM HYPED! GOOOO LEOOOO!!! LEO OUR HERO

GOOOO LINDE!! SHE'S GOT THE RIGHT AURA TO WIN THIS THING!

GOOOO MERRIC! HE WILL BLOW THROUGH THE COMPETITION!!

GOOOO JULIA!! NAGA HELPS HER TO VICTORY!

GOOOO ROBIN! TIPING THE SCALES TOWARDS VICTORY!

GOOOO THARJA!  HEXING HER WAY TO THE TOP AND ROBINS HEART! 

GOOOO HENRY! HIS CAWSOME ABILITIES WILL LEAD HIM TO VICTORY!!

GOOOO SANAKI!!  VICTORY FOR ROYALTY! 

Edited by Anime27Arts

4 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Me neither. I never played Genealogy or Thracia, sooo... yeah.

When it comes to committed FE fans, Genealogy is among one of the most common favorites, and everyone loves Julia in the arena. Even just looking on this forum, I see a strong number of people with FE4 as their favorite game.

Most people still adamantly playing Heroes are in that committed category

Edited by rockocalypse

Just now, escotanner said:

Crap the gauntlet begins soon and I still haven't decided on a team.....uh....er....I'll figure something out.

You can't go wrong with joining Julia.

Just now, escotanner said:

Crap the gauntlet begins soon and I still haven't decided on a team.....uh....er....I'll figure something out.

You could side with Leo, please? Leo is always available if you'd like, though that doesn't mean you have to side with us if you don't want to. I wish you the best of luck deciding

2 minutes ago, escotanner said:

I suggest Sanaki! I don't see her getting a lot of support and you can never go wrong with a Tellius character. :) (well, most of the time)

13 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Before you finish Thracia, you can play through Genealogy. It's considered easier, and it depicts a broader picture than Thracia does. Thracia's plot fits between chapters 6 and 7 of Genealogy (as a sort of fun fact).

oh neat. well the thing about Thracia that really had me frustrated was being poor af and not being able to capture units enough to really make up for that..so i wonder if that's the same. just started the first chapter of Genealogy though :D so there's the attack and wait option after moving a unit, but what the heck is the "anime" option..

13 minutes ago, Astellius said:

You should jump on the bird pun train! I mean, sure, crows eat dead robins, but don't worry about that. You should be fearless in the face of an enemy that will eat you when you die!

haha..hmm well i can't even think of any bird puns aside from using caw, and a caw doesn't seem to fit a robin (though tbh i can't remember what a robin sounds like). one day..we will find the robin pun to rule them all..

7 minutes ago, escotanner said:

roll a d8!

1 minute ago, wizzard of soz said:

oh neat. well the thing about Thracia that really had me frustrated was being poor af and not being able to capture units enough to really make up for that..so i wonder if that's the same. just started the first chapter of Genealogy though :D so there's the attack and wait option after moving a unit, but what the heck is the "anime" option..

Anime is toggling combat animations, IIRC.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

It's almost time to use the strength of our bonds to tip the scales and show the other teams how it's done until they realize that they made the wrong move in opposing us.

Now that's strategy!

14 minutes ago, escotanner said:

Our goddess Julia always accepts for followers. 

3 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

Cool! It's really fun, although it's very demanding. Don't be afraid to use your whole army, I'll need at least most of them if not all. Not sure what you mean, which translation are you using? I'd assume that's the 'equip' command but I can't be certain. 

Edit: ohhh yeah that's animation, completely forgot about that (I never used it). Good looks @Vaximillian

Edited by immatx

18 minutes ago, rockocalypse said:

When it comes to committed FE fans, Genealogy is among one of the most common favorites, and everyone loves Julia in the arena. Even just looking on this forum, I see a strong number of people with FE4 as their favorite game.

Most people still adamantly playing Heroes are in that committed category

Any evidence to support any of those claims? I know a lot of people on here like Genealogy, but I don't think that SF is particularly representative of the Heroes fanbase, or the FE franchise fanbase in general. I think that the size of Julia's fanbase, for the purposes of this gauntlet, will largely come from fans of Heroes who have pulled her.

28 minutes ago, escotanner said:

Obviously join Team Merric.

6 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Any evidence to support any of those claims? I know a lot of people on here like Genealogy, but I don't think that SF is particularly representative of the Heroes fanbase, or the FE franchise fanbase in general. I think that the size of Julia's fanbase, for the purposes of this gauntlet, will largely come from fans of Heroes who have pulled her.

Just like Minerva, to be honest. Yeah, Mystery most popular FE in Japan yada yada… but were she not a good unit in Heroes, her popularity would certainly have plummeted.

SF isn't really representative of anything, methinks.

Edited by Vaximillian

2 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Any evidence to support any of those claims?

I wrote a grueling college paper on FE Heroes, and I can tell you that there is so much known of the game and the fanbase by memebers of the community but so relatively little of that is documented in a credible source. That's the problem with all of internet culture, it moves faster than reliable sources can cover it. Only the people directly involved can speak effectivley on developments, and even then you can only get that users experience.

I can tell you with certainty though that Julia is one of the more well liked in arena from what I have seen. I can also tell you that everything on a forum that isn't related to math or in-game mechanics (I.e Ice Dragon's stats and calculations or the Skill Inheritance guide of what you can and can't do) is entirely speculation by the community based on observed facts and previous occurences.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

SF isn't really representative of anything, methinks.

If it was, then Ephraim and Minerva would've crushed Lucina and Camilla instead of the reserve happening. At least, I didn't see more than a few people on SF backing Lucina and Camilla during their respective gauntlets. Though my perception may be skewed due to the Ephraim and Minerva supporters on here being quite vocal, especially compared to the Lucina and Camilla supporters that were present here.

9 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

If it was, then Ephraim and Minerva would've crushed Lucina and Camilla instead of the reserve happening. At least, I didn't see more than a few people on SF backing Lucina and Camilla during their respective gauntlets. Though my perception may be skewed due to the Ephraim and Minerva supporters on here being quite vocal, especially compared to the Lucina and Camilla supporters that were present here.

I supported Lucina. Though, I'm not quite sure if I joined during or shortly after that gauntlet.

But, yes, just because a group is really, really loud, doesn't mean there's more of them...it just means they're loud.

Edited by Arthur97

9 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I was Team Lucina, and I just didn't pay attention to the thread at all lol. I didn't even need to play.

It feels like almost everyone on here despises Camilla though, and she won, so clearly we're in the minority I guess.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I was Team Lucina, and I just didn't pay attention to the thread at all lol. I didn't even need to play.

It feels like almost everyone on here despises Camilla though, and she won, so clearly we're in the minority I guess.

There were quite a few Camilla fans on here, they just didn't say too much, because every time someone would say something, it some how turned into a disagreement or someone dissing her boobs for some reason.  If you go back and read it, it happened, a lot.

1 minute ago, Anime27Arts said:

There were quite a few Camilla fans on here, they just didn't say too much, because every time someone would say something, it some how turned into a disagreement or someone dissing her boobs for some reason.  If you go back and read it, it happened, a lot.

Hm, I see. I only check Gauntlet threads every now and then, and I didn't catch them.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Hm, I see. I only check Gauntlet threads every now and then, and I didn't catch them.

Like Lucina fans, they were not very active in promoting her like some groups do with their character.

1 minute ago, Anime27Arts said:

Like Lucina fans, they were not very active in promoting her like some groups do with their character.

Well, neither of them really had to. Plus, it's like walking into a room full of people with red shirts and you have blue one on.

5 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Which is really a shame. No one should bash anyone else for any reason.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Well, neither of them really had to. Plus, it's like walking into a room full of people with red shirts and you have blue one on.

My point exactly.  I wasn't very active during Chrom vs Ephraim because I was on Team Chrom

7 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Not our fault that she's such a controversial character...