How much money have u spent on this game

tumut

Just now, Roflolxp54 said:

Consider that myth busted; I'm not a skilled strategist at all.

A skilled strategist would try to throw me off their scent, right mkv?

You don't have to hide anymore 

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

A skilled strategist would try to throw me off their scent, right mkv?

You don't have to hide anymore 

What else is there...

Mkv at least sounds like a female player rather than a male one.

Mkv is a Japanese-speaking player and isn't fluent with English. I'm Japanese-illiterate (the best I can do is read some katakana and kanji) and English is my first language.

Mkv IIRC actually *DOES* buy orbs but only for the purposes of restoring stamina or expanding the barracks (all the way to 500).

Edited by Roflolxp54

1 minute ago, Roflolxp54 said:

What else is there...

Mkv at least sounds like a female player rather than a male one.

Mkv is a Japanese-speaking player and isn't fluent with English. I'm Japanese-illiterate (the best I can do is read some katakana and kanji) and English is my first language.

Mkv IIRC actually *DOES* buy orbs but only for the purposes of restoring stamina or expanding the barracks (all the way to 500).

you're still mkv in my heart

I've never even heard mkv's voice before actually lol

I also didn't know mkv buys orbs for stamina either..... interesting

Spoiler

I'm still onto you

Spoiler

you're mkv whether you like it or not

None. I briefly considered it for the Gold banner but...oh you know I already made this shitpost in the official pull topic:

I've got exactly 40 orbs, but I fear it won't be enough. Was considering if I'd break my F2P status for this Banner. But then I realized three of these guys are just Fates Royals. Ha! Now I've come to my senses. Thanks, me.

Yeah F2P life aint bad. I'm just gonna be real paranoid in the future of Banners with increased 5 star rates like the one going on. 

3 hours ago, Jedrus Lilac said:

My idea is basically f2p with one or two 23 orbs packs a month if there is an interesting banner going on. Cutting down on smokes will be motivation and orbs the rewards. Don't laugh! I think only a waste of money can make u cut down on another waste of money. Been showing slight progress since Sunday...

"Get your kids hooked on Heroes, they'll never have money for smokes."

None on this game (I've spent like $200 on otome games, though, spread out over like 4 or 5 years).  My meager wallet was already crying when I bought a 3DS XL, and then it cried some more when I bought the games themselves.  I'm determined to stay F2P on Heroes though lol

I couldn't resist the Call of the Ocean any longer after being taunted by the likes of Hector and Ike during the week-end. And that was the best 200$ burnt in a long while. The only downside is that I'll probably spend the rest of my life drilling all these wonderful toons to level 40.

Edited by chirp

I spend 25 euro's on a google play card and spend most of it just before the update came that prevents people on emulator's from paying. I managed to squeeze out a 5* from a banner that was nearing 6% on both 5  star and the focus units each. So only about 4 euro's went to waste.

I have only bought the 20+3 orbs pack, it was not so long after the game was released, like 3 weeks after it? can't remember exactly, but at that time, I didn't had orbs.

I did a full summon with the orbs, and Leo arrived!

None here, just save orbs if I don't like a banner and then use a bunch when I want a unit (and then never get it because of course). Thankfully I get pretty solid units for an assortment of scenarios.

If I ever build up enough google play surveys I'll probably dip a bit for kicks but thats ah...pretty far away

I failed to see why I should spend any money on this game when I can just get another game for guaranteed enjoyment with that money instead of gambling it. As such I have spent no money on this game 

I don't consider myself whale but probabbly dolphin '__'

Heroes came out right in my most stressful period and I do have the habit of overspending when stressed. Got a few memorable nights working till 1am and then playing Heroes to relax before going to bed.

Now starting to spend a bit less because I find more time to do other things. But yeah, still consider to drop a bit on the Fest banner.

Spent literally nothing for this game, and I still come out pretty decent.
I think the best way to play is the enjoyment of finding ways to maximize your potential with whatever units you have.

Probably over $100. I made a few tiny purchases here and there...and then I whaled one day. But to be honest, the money I used was money I use for my hobbies anyway. I tend not to splurge on personal things, so the treat was nice...even if I did feel guilty afterwards. In the future, I really hope I can stop myself, especially since the odds of getting new characters are very slim now (unless they add more 3 stars to the pool). 

I reason it like this: I've played this game every day (probably for several hours throughout the course of the day) since it came out. I absolutely adore it. It gets updated frequently. We're given plenty of free stuff to keep the game fun. The events have been enjoyable. I certainly don't mind supporting it. I'm not the type to sport a bunch of merch (except for keychains and the occasional CD or poster), so this seems like a pretty fair way to spend a little extra money. 

It's really not that different from trading cards... 

12 hours ago, tumut said:

I'm don't get how some people can drop $80 on this in one go. I think the cost of orbs is pretty overpriced for digital waifus, I might spend $20 or so if there's someone I really want but otherwise I don't see myself spending anything on this game.

@ me next time?

about $300 or more

7 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

"Get your kids hooked on Heroes, they'll never have money for smokes/blunts/alcohol/drugs."

I mean you put anything in there and it sounds hilarious :P

7 hours ago, mewyeon said:

I'm determined to stay F2P on Heroes though lol

Awesome. F2P FTW!

20 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I mean you put anything in there and it sounds hilarious :P

Awesome. F2P FTW!

"Get your kids hooked on Pokemon, and they got clinical depression after missing 8 Focus Blast in a row "

Wait its not funny with pokemon

I've made a bunch of small orb purchases over the last few months.  I don't know the exact number, but I think it's probably a bit over 200$ CAD, which isn't really that much in the grand scheme of things.  

I usually buy the 23 orb pack (17.99) or the 35 pack (27.99) when I have a craving to summon.  It's quite addicting sometimes, heh.

Only a few (4-5?) of my 5 star units were from these purchased orbs.  

I don't regret any of it.  I had fun.  Money spent on something I enjoy is money well spent as far as I'm concerned!  ;):

Edited by Infinite Dreams

Spent around £50 on the Minerva banner. Got her too so it was totally worth it. I also see it as a way of paying back for pirating Shadow Dragon and New Mystery on to emulators in my youth. Gotta support the developers :)

Will be staying f2p until a banner for Joshua and Cormag happens 

Free to play so far...

But the current banners and the inevitable upcoming mage gauntlet banner are tempting.

8% 5* summon rate and potentially getting Azura, Hector, or Ryoma on one banner...  or 5* Linde on the other, my #1 currently desired hero.

But now Linde is also with Cordelia for blues, wheras if they do the mage gauntlet banner she'll be the only blue. Interesting, both Linde and Cordelia, blue units in the current banner, are both voiced by Julie Ann Taylor.

I believe I'm nearing $200, which isn't much to me but I don't think it's good to spend that on a single game, and this game has made me break a few personal rules regarding mobile games.  At first I justified it with the idea that I'll play the game a lot (and I do), so I didn't mind dropping $26 on Eldigan's focus, I thought I was done.  I wasn't.  I think the worst was spending $50 on Alm's and getting nothing.  Told myself I wouldn't do it again, then Hero Fest comes by and $26 gets me Azura, two Ryomas and Takumi.  Which, ironically, killed my desire to whale.