My Prediction for the Next FE Remake.

On May 22, 2017 at 10:04 PM, MediocreLee said:

Personally, I want FE 4 to be remade because I feel everyone needs to taste what Genealogy of the Holy War is like and just how painful going through those maps can be causeI'masadist.  Also, fans that came in during Awakening or Fates have voiced concerns and distaste for the lack of marriage and children so FE 4 is the most logical one to appease veteran and new fans.

Bold: Assuming that the maps or the mechanics don't alienate them instead, that is.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I like FE4's big maps. Of course, their size can get tedious, mostly in desert maps, but I always saw it that you really weren't supposed to play FE4 chapters like you would in other games, and I think that's where a lot of people end up getting tired of FE4. They try to play each chapter all at once, and I've seen several people mention how they should let you save mid-map in that case since maps can take 2-4 hours at times... which they do. FE4 totally has mid-map hard saves.

I wouldn't mind adding more enemies to make it feel like more stuff is happening, or shrinking the maps a bit so that maps aren't just turns of movement, but I am fine with FE4's structure.

I do think movement of units needs to be rebalanced, and that there needs to be something to make unmounted units worthwhile, though.

Edited by Slumber

11 hours ago, Slumber said:

I do think movement of units needs to be rebalanced, and that there needs to be something to make mounted units worthwhile, though.

We're thinking about the same FE4, right? The one that is literally called Horse Emblem.

Just now, Thran Starcrod said:

We're thinking about the same FE4, right? The one that is literally called Horse Emblem.

Whoops. Obviously meant unmounted.

That one was the most obvious, after all, in the Fire emblem Heroes trailer, Fe6 characters got a lot of love, and the fact that Roy got into smash considering that the fan demand for him was quite diminished, it is safe to assume that even before Gaiden, Is was already considering a remake of the Binding Blade. I'd say that it will be definitely the one we get.

• 7 months later...

See, I'd love an Elibean remake with both games. And as much as I love the marrige system: drop it.

We need to drop it for a bit to sort of "get rid of" those who only like the waifu aspect.

I know that sounds kinda mean, but I miss the old days, Jesus my first game was Awakening what am I complaing about, back when the fans of FE weren't just a bunch of "weebs" I suppose is the word.

It doesn't have to be a permanent drop, but I'd like to see it dropped for a bit so we don't have a repeat of Fates, where it fet most of the game was made for waifus.

But idk.