So, I'm doing a Blitzkrieg run on Hard/Classic, currently sitting at 118 turns total. Alm has just cleared the Forest Shrine and gotten some forges done, while Celica is just starting the desert path.

On Hard mode, Wolf's Fortress becomes extremely dumb, as there are extra Iron Bows and Leather Shields distributed to the Archers, while the Snipers and Wolf have their equipped Bows as well. This means the enemy is hitting hard from further away, which makes approaching the fort pretty troublesome; no one on my team except maybe Valbar with a shield can reasonably survive approaching, but carting him across the sand would take too many turns. Having Leon bait and kill everyone first would also take forever (it took me 50 last time lol). Palla and Catria are obviously out of commission here, except for maybe clearing the Mercs at the start.

To top it all off, Genny doesn't have Physic yet, since it's hard for staffers to get EXP when I'm not doing additional encounters.

Any ideas on how to clear this reasonably fast? I've basically resigned myself to not getting a single digit turn count on this map, but I do want to speed up the process a bit. Or should I spend a few turns grinding?

How much does Genny need for Physic? It would be a massive help for the next few maps.

My strategy would be:

1) get Blessed Sword Saber to the forest near the entrance (or Leon, but he probably can't endure without Physic).

2) Bait the archers outside, kill them with Saber.

3) Charge once it's clear enough that other units can survive.

8 minutes ago, David Boey said:

How much does Genny need for Physic? It would be a massive help for the next few maps.

My strategy would be:

1) get Blessed Sword Saber to the forest near the entrance (or Leon, but he probably can't endure without Physic).

2) Bait the archers outside, kill them with Saber.

3) Charge once it's clear enough that other units can survive.

Hm, it kinda takes a while to do this though.

15 minutes ago, David Boey said:

Not sure how you could do it quicker, apart from having a super-buff Leon.

I ended up retreating after 7 turns, and went back in. The Snipers and Arcanists were dead, leaving only one Iron Bow dude alongside Wolf. Cleaning up took 9 turns for 16 turns total. I guess I'll take it, especially since I had no Physic.

17 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I ended up retreating after 7 turns, and went back in. The Snipers and Arcanists were dead, leaving only one Iron Bow dude alongside Wolf. Cleaning up took 9 turns for 16 turns total. I guess I'll take it, especially since I had no Physic.

Wait, what? Retreating doesn't force you to start from the very beginning?

Put Mae and Genny at the top of the right-hand side of the map in preparations. Use them to bait out the arcanists with their high RES, and send in Saber, Celica, Valbar, or anybody else with a decent shield equipped. Have Palla and Catria pick off the brigands at the start. If one of your characters has learned the art "Defensive" with the Steel Shield, that would be really helpful for getting weak characters into the archer's range. Keep your Peg Knights near the wall while outside of the archer's range, they can be very useful for picking off weakened enemies inside the palace.

That's all the advice I can come up with. It took me a long time to beat this map too, and the final stretch can be especially hard due to that stupid AVO bonus tiles give. I know you're doing blitzkrieg and all, but it really helps to have a Genny with Physic and Celica with Recover.

4 hours ago, SullyMcGully said:

Put Mae and Genny at the top of the right-hand side of the map in preparations. Use them to bait out the arcanists with their high RES, and send in Saber, Celica, Valbar, or anybody else with a decent shield equipped. Have Palla and Catria pick off the brigands at the start. If one of your characters has learned the art "Defensive" with the Steel Shield, that would be really helpful for getting weak characters into the archer's range. Keep your Peg Knights near the wall while outside of the archer's range, they can be very useful for picking off weakened enemies inside the palace.

That's all the advice I can come up with. It took me a long time to beat this map too, and the final stretch can be especially hard due to that stupid AVO bonus tiles give. I know you're doing blitzkrieg and all, but it really helps to have a Genny with Physic and Celica with Recover.

I didn't have a Steel Shield at the time (can you even get one at that point without sending it over from Alm side?). Celica had Recover, but I had to just live with no Physic. I'm not too upset with 16 turns, honestly. This particular map would probably take some long term planning for LTCers.

3 hours ago, RiverRed said:

I reclass atlas to archer so i have 2 archer in my team, they are mvp of this map, genny's invoke help too since they draw those sniper attention

I couldn't afford to go promote Atlas first, since I didn't want even more map spawns.