Tempest Torture

Arthur97

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Good grief, I have apparently lost my ability to win. I haven't won in probably over ten tries.

D: Oh, dear, I'm sorry to hear that. Sometimes the unit/skill combinations just make it really, really rough. Maybe a break could help, too?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

It happens to the best of us ;)

It's not the end of the world. More stamina to get means more chances to redeem yourself right?

Well, I keep using Stamina potions. I am determined to win once more!

1 minute ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

D: Oh, dear, I'm sorry to hear that. Sometimes the unit/skill combinations just make it really, really rough. Maybe a break could help, too?

Yeah, I think I am getting too hot headed. It happens in Smash too. 

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Good grief, I have apparently lost my ability to win. I haven't won in probably over ten tries.

I got A/B on my first try yesterday, but today, I was being sloppy and got quite a few Cs and Ds.  I really wish I had a 5* Bonus unit.  I gave Robin Triangle Adept 2, which helps a bit, but he's still a bit lacking.  And taking the coveted Blue Unit spot keeps me from running one of my better Blues on my initial team.  (I just got Reinhardt, too.)

My initial team of Ike/Julia/Robin/Bridelia made it all the way to Map 7, but it doesn't have the oomph to finish it off.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I got A/B on my first try yesterday, but today, I was being sloppy and got quite a few Cs and Ds.  I really wish I had a 5* Bonus unit.  I gave Robin Triangle Adept 2, which helps a bit, but he's still a bit lacking.  And taking the coveted Blue Unit spot keeps me from running one of my better Blues on my initial team.  (I just got Reinhardt, too.)

My initial team of Ike/Julia/Robin/Bridelia made it all the way to Map 7, but it doesn't have the oomph to finish it off.

It's not bad ranks, I'm literally just getting taken out by stupid stuff. Also, TA3 is really nice on Robin.

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You're ignoring the fact that the people sitting at 20,000 have put in sweat and blood since long before the event began, and all of that sweat and blood shed until now matters just as much as the sweat and blood they are spending earning their 20,000 points.

Studying for and acing a test is easier if you've been doing your homework along the way.

And what makes you think those of us with lower scores haven't been putting in just as much effort for just as long?

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Bleh, terrible runs. Mishaps keep happening, and the map with the ridges is so annoying. If I get that map, either my Speed is going to tank, or I have to play very risky.

Do you mean the one with the forest blocking the east entrance and the only path free of trees on the far west side?  I really hate that one.  If my infantry team is weak by that point, I have to either bring my horses and tank my Speed or use my inferior Flyer Team.

Usually a combination of Hector + high-Resistance melee cavalry messes me up. My Ryoma is likely too fatigued and Tharja needs to stay healthy for Veronica. Still, giving Tharja Darting Blow has been a boon. Currently raising a Felicia for Breath of Life to Tharja. Ryoma is fine to stay in low HP except against Hector. And yeah, I think I'm giving Desperation to Tharja. Sorry, Nino! I'll get you Desperation one day or sac the other Shanna

Score: 14,051
Stamina Potions: 70
Goal: 8K minimum a day

And eventually I'll need to do the Zephiel quests. I think I'm fine.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Do you mean the one with the forest blocking the east entrance and the only path free of trees on the far west side?  I really hate that one.  If my infantry team is weak by that point, I have to either bring my horses and tank my Speed or use my inferior Flyer Team.

Yup. In order to have a reasonable Speed on that one, the enemies have to be things Reinhardt can ORKO, and I have to keep him at low health so my WoM Azura can support him. However, if I get that as the 6th map, that means I can't heal up my Rein with Breath of Life to prepare for the final map, in case Effie spawns.

38 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Ah, I derped. Jagen has really high Res, while Effie has really high HP + Wary Fighter. Effie has like mid-20 Res, which is still fairly decent for an Armor.

Eh, considering boosted stats, I wouldn't be surprised to see Effie with +30 resistance.

My dumb luck with greens ensured me that I have a ton of greens to deal with blues, but the award would have to go to Titania. Titania walling out Olwen and Reinhardt is amazing along with dealing with the other blues like Cordelia, Hinoka, Jagen, and Peri who do scratch damage and default Guard means she can stop them from muscling through with their specials.

Green mages with high defense, though... Can sort of deal with the randoms, but Lucina is my only reliable means to deal with Veronica, so if she's dead, then I'll have to somehow manage someone like Eldigan, Eliwood, adult Tiki, or Zephiel to 2HKO her.

Regarding losing runs over and over, maybe a break or go with the lower 5 battles run? Hitting your head on a problem over and over isn't a good thing. Frustration just makes things worse.

Edited by Kaden

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yup. In order to have a reasonable Speed on that one, the enemies have to be things Reinhardt can ORKO, and I have to keep him at low health so my WoM Azura can support him. However, if I get that as the 6th map, that means I can't heal up my Rein with Breath of Life to prepare for the final map, in case Effie spawns.

That one works pretty good with Robin if it's the one I'm thinking about. Especially if a horse is blocked by the trees. He can just soak up a lot of attacks.

6 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Bleh, terrible runs. Mishaps keep happening, and the map with the ridges is so annoying. If I get that map, either my Speed is going to tank, or I have to play very risky.

The one with the giant shrub in the middle? Because that's easily my least favorite map in the set :/

It slows me down so much because I have to squeeze units in one by one, sometimes having to retreat after a kill so that I'm not killed on the counterattack. 

I'm rarely in danger of dying there, but it does slow my run down considerably.  

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Eh, considering boosted stats, I wouldn't be surprised to see Effie with +30 resistance.

My dumb luck with greens ensured me that I have a ton of greens to deal with blues, but the award would have to go to Titania. Titania walling out Olwen and Reinhardt is amazing along with dealing with the other blues like Cordelia, Hinoka, Jagen, and Peri who do scratch damage and default Guard means she can stop them from muscling through with their specials.

Regarding losing runs over and over, maybe a break or go with the lower 5 battles run? Hitting your head on a problem over and over isn't a good thing. Frustration just makes things worse.

I don't really lose runs much, but it's pretty annoying if I get that particular combination of enemies and I lack certain resources due to damage from earlier maps.

That one works pretty good with Robin if it's the one I'm thinking about. Especially if a horse is blocked by the trees. He can just soak up a lot of attacks.

That map is very Enemy Phase heavy, and my team is generally built around Player Phase O/2RKOing to avoid damage.

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

The one with the giant shrub in the middle? Because that's easily my least favorite map in the set :/

It slows me down so much because I have to squeeze units in one by one, sometimes having to retreat after a kill so that I'm not killed on the counterattack. 

I'm rarely in danger of dying there, but it does slow my run down considerably.  

I can keep things alive most of the time, but yeah it just takes way too long. With the bonus effect of not being able to heal Reinhardt back up if it's the 6th map (my Reinhardt is Fury because I put it on him back when BST mattered in the Arena, and I have never pulled a Klein in my life)

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I don't really lose runs much, but it's pretty annoying if I get that particular combination of enemies and I lack certain resources due to damage from earlier maps.

I kind of was directing it as an in general thing since there were a couple of posts about that.

Also, yeah, that map with the tree in the middle sucks.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I can keep things alive most of the time, but yeah it just takes way too long. With the bonus effect of not being able to heal Reinhardt back up if it's the 6th map (my Reinhardt is Fury because I put it on him back when BST mattered in the Arena, and I have never pulled a Klein in my life)

I actually never pulled a Klein either until spending $100 on the Bride banner (and no Bride Cordelia after all of that). Before that though, I happened to pull a 5* Hawkeye on the Golden Week banner while trying for Hector, so I just sacrificed him. 

I'm actually considering replacing my Ryoma's Fury because sometimes I feel like the chip damage hurts him more in the long run than the extra stats help him. The chip damage isn't such a big deal in a single Arena match, but it's a lot more noticeable in the Tempest. 

12 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

It's not bad ranks, I'm literally just getting taken out by stupid stuff. Also, TA3 is really nice on Robin.

Yeah, but I had spare Cordelia, and didn't want to sacrifice my Roy for a unit I'm not 5*ing, at least unless I start swimming in Feathers.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Yeah, but I had spare Cordelia, and didn't want to sacrifice my Roy for a unit I'm not 5*ing, at least unless I start swimming in Feathers.

Mine was a spar 5 star Cordelia. I could have merged, but this seemed useful.

My least favorite is probably all of them the Cordelia map with the 4 fliers. they close you in making it really hard to keep your vulnerable units safe.

Does that one always have three of the fliers with the same weapon, or is it just me?  It's rough having to have one or two characters doing pretty much all the work on that map.

5 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I kind of was directing it as an in general thing since there were a couple of posts about that.

Also, yeah, that map with the tree in the middle sucks.

Well just as I say that, holy shit my runs are sloppy as hell now. Two deaths before I even reach map 6.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

3 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

And what makes you think those of us with lower scores haven't been putting in just as much effort for just as long?

Put very bluntly because I'm not so great with words, the fact that you're getting lower scores.

I'm not trying to belittle your effort, but I'm finding it hard to consider this situation as anything different than a test in school. The better prepared you are coming in, the better you will perform with the same effort.

There's nothing wrong with being behind others. We walk the same path, only some of us just walk a few steps ahead. If your goal is to catch up, then you need to be prepared to put in extra effort (or other resources if you have them, like money or talent or longer legs) to make up for the distance.

God, I must sound like an old geezer right about now.

2 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Does that one always have three of the fliers with the same weapon, or is it just me?  It's rough having to have one or two characters doing pretty much all the work on that map.

I believe I've sometimes gotten all 3 colors, but yeah it does seem to mostly be triple blue (or two blue, two green) in my experience. 

Unless there's a unit that Tharja likes to hit, that one Awakening map with the forest slows me down badly.

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I know Fury 3 is more costly than Attack +3 but since I'm in the same boat of "No Kleins pulled" and only having Fury 2, I switched him to Attack +3. It works pretty well, all things considered! And getting a Gordin or Cherche is lot more reasonable than getting a Klein.

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

I believe I've sometimes gotten all 3 colors, but yeah it does seem to mostly be triple blue (or two blue, two green) in my experience. 

Catria and Shanna are the worst.