Tempest Torture

Arthur97

Just now, KMT4ever said:

I feel you. Only started Tuesday evening, managed to get to 10k without any real problems, but these maps are so tedious...I can only Naga-bomb so many scrubs before it loses its charm. Still going to try for all of the rewards since I hate myself.

Julia's basically been carrying the team. 33 (+4 thanks to Clarine's inherited skill) Speed plus QR2 means she can destroy practically any blue or green, while Femui handles the reds and Lucina mops up those rare units that can't be beaten by her comrades. Sometimes they falter at the final map, but Linde, Eirika, and Michalis can pick up from there.

I'm really liking the concept of this event. It could do with less grinding and more varied challenges than just jacked up enemies, but all in all I like the test of skill.

Yeah, it really doesn't help that the maps are the same lol. I understand the need for some consistency since there's a speed ranking, but a larger map set would have been nice. I've been smashing faces with a variety of units since I was half-heartedly trying to grind for HM, but this last round, I gave up and used my maxed HM A-team of Klein/Cecilia/Tharja/Azura just so it would go faster. Good luck with the rewards! The points at least do add up relatively fast, but... so many rounds lol.

Damn, that sounds awesome, I wish I had a Julia. Still, TA3 Cecilia has served me well as a baiter to get the AI on the move, and I just gave her QR from a spare Subaki so she can double and kill everything in return. I had a really hard time when I subbed her out for Titania to grind HM, lol. My own B-team is Olivia/Reinhardt/Celica/Sakura, also mainly for the final map.

Agreed that the concept is great--I was really hyped for this event at launch, and even spent a couple of stamina potions doing extra Trials early on because the challenge was fun. By now though, it's just tedious. I don't mind that the enemies are on steroids, but it would be cool if there were other kinds of challenges (defence maps and turn limits from the newer story chapters come to mind). Maybe that would help break up the grind a little, and depending on the type of challenge it would at least encourage some different playstyles aside from 'bring nuke(s) and watch them nuke'.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

been going some days without playing much but at 39,000 or so Quickened Pulse is within reach. though my phone is heating up really bad for some reason...it usually does with FEH but not this bad, the friction heat from sliding my finger across the screen like...hurts. can't wait for my phone to explode. damn it Samsung.

12 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

though my phone is heating up really bad for some reason...it usually does with FEH but not this bad, the friction heat from sliding my finger across the screen like...hurts.

*Injustice mobile intensifies*

How are you guys planning on changing up your Tempest compositions with the Quick Pulse seal?

1 hour ago, KMT4ever said:

I feel you. Only started Tuesday evening, managed to get to 10k without any real problems, but these maps are so tedious...I can only Naga-bomb so many scrubs before it loses its charm. Still going to try for all of the rewards since I hate myself.

Julia's basically been carrying the team. 33 (+4 thanks to Clarine's inherited skill) Speed plus QR2 means she can destroy practically any blue or green, while Femui handles the reds and Lucina mops up those rare units that can't be beaten by her comrades. Sometimes they falter at the final map, but Linde, Eirika, and Michalis can pick up from there.

I'm really liking the concept of this event. It could do with less grinding and more varied challenges than just jacked up enemies, but all in all I like the test of skill.

For a second there, I thought you were getting 37 speed on her naturally without something ridiculous like defiant spd 3.

13 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

How are you guys planning on changing up your Tempest compositions with the Quick Pulse seal?

I put mine on Julia. Tempest Trials gives her the chance to fire off a bunch of powerful Dragon Fangs, and the seal just makes it even easier.

16 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Leading with my Ephraim/Nino/Ike/Tharja squad was proving to be very inconsistent.  Scores ranged anywhere from sub 500 to a perfect 705 if I was lucky.  I would usually have to switch to cavalry to deal with the last map.  Since getting the Quickened Pulse seal however, I have decided to change it up a bit.  Now I lead with Eldigan/Reinhardt/Camus/Priscilla (Eldigan and Priscilla have Hone Cav SI, while the other two have their natural Goad skill), surrender on the final map, and switch to the original squad for the bonus.  I will never get a perfect 705 this way, but I can almost always get 676 -- a step up from what I averaged before, plus it's faster for both time and turns.  Quickened Pulse Moonbow Reinhardt is busted, and Priscilla is actually the best.

29 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

My old team of Tharja/Nino/Ephraim/Genny worked so far and I don't have any plans on changing it. I gave Ephraim the Quick Pulse seal as it allows him to fire off moonbow during baiting and thus more ORKO against those pesky reds. 

12 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Holy shit terrible terrible runs from start to finish this morning. Combination of fat-fingering and brain farts today.

I cry every time Rein dies to accidental swiping.

53 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Holy shit terrible terrible runs from start to finish this morning. Combination of fat-fingering and brain farts today.

haha, i feel you. i had a few bad runs in a row last night, but then i finished levelling up my new 5* tharja and things went much better this morning. ;)

20 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Random Windsweep, Watersweep and Dazzling Staff feel so troll. They're rarely all that deadly, but it's frustrating because it causes turn loss where bait strats might have otherwise saved one.

add Wrathfull staff to that lol, my Xander never died to Healers until some Lucius had a Wrathfull Staff equiped and proceeded to beat the living soul out of Xander and i was like wtf.

1 minute ago, Soul~! said:

Any chance I can make 20k on the daily? :awesome:

Assuming 705-point runs, you'd need to do 29 runs, which is 580 stamina, which is 3 stamina restores each day.

More if you aren't doing perfect runs or if you aren't able to spend all of your stamina each day.

I'm at 78 stamina potions here. I'm pondering using a few on the last day to get the next reward for 3 more orbs. I'm pretty sure I'm going to reach that 50K no problemo.