F-Zero GX

YokaiKnight

Kelp, that video reminded me how out of the loop I've been with GX. I didn't know anyone broke muumu's record.

Ah, memories. Though when I last played a few months ago, I was much worse at the game than I've been. I'd probably spent more time playing GX than any other game.

So Kintenbo, did you beat the Story Mode chapters on all difficulties too?

Yeah, I'd say the hardest ones were Chapter 1 and I think it was 6 (the motion bomb chapter) were the hardest. 1 because of the short time limit, and 6 because one mild wall hit (rough in that narrow section) and BOOOOM!!!!! Chapter 7 was rough the first few tries, but it wasn't that bad afterwords. Chapter 4 is fun on Hard Mode!

What I would like is a better Story Mode or one made for each character. That'd be pretty cool. Also, it'd be grand if they kept the custom machine feature!

F-Zero GP Legend featured 8 characters in Story Mode. The problem with a future F-Zero about it is the fact that there's 30+ pilots ( basically the X pilots, Deathborn + AX maybe ) and that the series features a more arcade gameplay. The important characters like Captain Falcon, Samurai Goroh, Black Shadow, Deathborn should definitely be playable in the story, while others like Doc Stewart, Jody Summer, Pico, Zoda and Blood Falcon should be featured. I really don't see the importance of guys like Billy or Silver Neelsen ( or pretty much 80% of X's cast ) who have a much less developped backstory.

I wonder if Nintendo would decide on having another F-Zero game for the Wii, that would be pretty amazing.

We also had to wait a few years before getting a game on each console. Hell, Fire Emblem 9 took roughly 4 years after the birth of the Cube become playable. Don't give up hope guys :D

Yeah, I'd say the hardest ones were Chapter 1 and I think it was 6 (the motion bomb chapter) were the hardest. 1 because of the short time limit, and 6 because one mild wall hit (rough in that narrow section) and BOOOOM!!!!! Chapter 7 was rough the first few tries, but it wasn't that bad afterwords. Chapter 4 is fun on Hard Mode!

For me, chapter 5 was the hardest since my time is actually a bit more than 40 seconds and I just hated the chapter in general. It's easily the most frustrating chapter, especially with that "reward" known as the Cosmic Dolphin. Chapter 1 was difficult too, but what made it feel harder was that I really really wanted to play as Phoenix.

I'd rank the difficulty as: 5 > 1 > 9 ( I hate this goddamn track! ) >> 7 >> 6 > 2 > 8 > 4 > 3

Edited by Captain Falcon

there's 30+ pilots ( basically the X pilots, Deathborn + AX maybe )

There is also the whole F-Zero GP Legend/Falcon Densetu legacy...Though Nintendo will probably ignore it due to be character made for a not very good anime series (so what that canon has 2 games based round it, btw the Maximum Velocity pilots will never be seen again due to it being a completely different era of F-Zero)

So thats Rick Wheeler, Lisa Brilliant, Lucy Liberty and Luna Ryder at the very least...though in theory one of those isn't needed (F-Zero GP legend end anime spoilers and F-Zero climax spoilers)

Rick Wheeler isn't needed since he takes over the title and role of Captain Falcon at the end of series (this scene explains the why)...though the Dragon Bird still exists and is piloted by Clank Hughes...

I'm thinking Nintendo won't make the AX, GX and GP Legend characters part of the driving roster should another F-Zero be made unless they want to do something like have 45 cars on the course...

As for a Wii version...its controller hasn't got enough buttons so there will have to be some annoying gesture-based moves...as for conventional control options...you can't count on them being included (the Pikmin and DK Jungle Beat ports don't have them from the sounds of it they've had to tweek the levels of DK Jungle Beat for the new control scheme) or conclusive (I've yet to figure out how to do the mid-air tricks using a gamecube pad :( ).

As for GX story mode. Chapters 2 and 5 were the first ones I did fully ;) Chapter 2 was only because Samurai Goroh died right before the finish line :lol: (I think he fell off the course right before the end straight, not sure if I rammed him or he got stuck with a boulder and got sent back to the start) and Chpater 5 was by the skin of my teeth.