E3 Gameplay

Tsak

Yeah, nothing new whatsoever. There was some brief talk about bond conversations and how the roster was chosen, but this was information we knew already.  More announcements, such as new characters or showcasing the Bond Conversations, will come up later.

A shame, but I guess it is to be expected since the theme today seems to be re-runs.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, this is boring crap. I want to see new content and characters. Not the same stuff over and over.

I'm going to cancel my preorder at this rate if we don't get something new soon.

So the stream is ending, and nothing new has been revealed. But they also brought up the amount of sword wielders, again, and have said that they will be revealing characters as time goes by.

*sigh* I really wished they just showed us a new character. Even if they wielded a sword, just show us someone we didn't already know was gonna be in the game. The biggest surprise that Warriors has shown us so far is that Corrin is female.

1 minute ago, Azz said:

So the stream is ending, and nothing new has been revealed. But they also brought up the amount of sword wielders, again, and have said that they will be revealing characters as time goes by.

*sigh* I really wished they just showed us a new character. Even if they wielded a sword, just show us someone we didn't already know was gonna be in the game. The biggest surprise that Warriors has shown us so far is that Corrin is female.

Be careful what you wish for. If you think the salt so far has been bad, just wait till Lucina shows up.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Be careful what you wish for. If you think the salt so far has been bad, just wait till Lucina shows up.

I think we all expect Lucina to show up and she is also a mostly liked character, so I don't think there will be too much salt. At least I hope.

1 minute ago, Azz said:

I think we all expect Lucina to show up and she is also a mostly liked character, so I don't think there will be too much salt. At least I hope.

Its just that those who dont like her can be...loud. Alternatively, imagine the salt storm if she doesnt make it.

Not sure if it was acknowledged before, but apparently all FE amiibo are compatible with FE Warriors. Wonder what this means?

That being said, I expected nothing much new from gameplay from yesterday, so I'm not too miffed at the lack of new stuff. It's pretty glorious to see Xander's horse doing backflips, though. :P

Just now, NoirCore said:

Not sure if it was acknowledged before, but apparently all FE amiibo are compatible with FE Warriors. Wonder what this means?

That being said, I expected nothing much new from gameplay from yesterday, so I'm not too miffed at the lack of new stuff. It's pretty glorious to see Xander's horse doing backflips, though. :P

I'm kinda expecting amiibo to work similarly to Hyrule Warriors' amiibo functionality where it gives you random weapons with a different base attack for that character.

I wish they wouldn't call it a love letter to the series when it's really not if you're only including content from 3 games.

How long until they reveal more characters? I kinda expected something after the backlash they got after the first showing.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, this is boring crap. I want to see new content and characters. Not the same stuff over and over.

I'm going to cancel my preorder at this rate if we don't get something new soon.

Hyrule Warriors took longer to get less than we have with FE:W already. Koei-Tecmo is usually really quick with character roster showings, its likely Nintendo holds them back from doing their usual thing.

"We're making a Pokémon game for the Switch, stop complaining about it."

"We're making a Metroid Prime game, stop complaining about it."

"We're including characters with more varied weapons, stop complaining about it."

Why do I feel like Nintendo looked at a lot of forums and YouTube comments before this E3?

More seriously, while I never expected Shakespeare, I'm a bit put off by just how corny the dialogue has been so far. However, the gameplay looks nice, and I'm sure they've got many more surprises waiting for us (like a higher difficulty; felt like people breezed through the maps a bit too easily, but these weren't main story maps, right?). Marth seems to have the coolest moveset so far, though I like how Xander is riding his horse.

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Its just that those who dont like her can be...loud. Alternatively, imagine the salt storm if she doesnt make it.

Now that would be a sight.

3 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

I would imagine they would a)unlock the character (Which I hope is not the case since looking whole characters behind amiibo is just shitty imo), b)weapons (Possibly new weapons for certain characters or high ranked weapons for characters) or c)costumes.

1 minute ago, Thane said:

More seriously, while I never expected Shakespeare, I'm a bit put off by just how corny the dialogue has been so far. However, the gameplay looks nice, and I'm sure they've got many more surprises waiting for us (like a higher difficulty; felt like people breezed through the maps a bit too easily, but these weren't main story maps, right?). Marth seems to have the coolest moveset so far, though I like how Xander is riding his horse.

Warriors games usually have 4 to 5 difficulty settings, although the older warriors games were much harder, the easier ones of today were probably in response to people saying they were too punishing in the past. 

Also Koei-Tecmo's Warriors dialog is always going to be corny & cheesy, you probably should gear up for nothing but lol.

3 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Hyrule Warriors took longer to get less than we have with FE:W already. Koei-Tecmo is usually really quick with character roster showings, its likely Nintendo holds them back from doing their usual thing.

Not really, we've known about the same 6 characters (Chrom, Corrin, Ryoma, Xander, and Marth) since the initial reveal back in the FE Direct. Other than a few original characters, we've seen nothing new in those several months since.

I hope the Amiibo characters are already in the game and not locked behind said Amiibo, while the Amiibo DO unlock costumes and weapons for said characters.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Azz said:

Now that would be a sight.

I would imagine they would a)unlock the character (Which I hope is not the case since looking whole characters behind amiibo is just shitty imo), b)weapons (Possibly new weapons for certain characters or high ranked weapons for characters) or c)costumes.

I vote b or c. Costumes for the smash amiibo could be cool. Alternatively they could give Chrom Ragnell and watch the fanboys loose their minds.

Just now, Jedi said:

Also Koei-Tecmo's Warriors dialog is always going to be corny & cheesy, you probably should gear up for nothing but lol.

See, I sort of expected that, I really did, but it felt like everyone's lines were either generic or friendship is awesome! 

It's not the kind of game you play for story, but still, it was more in your face than I had expected. Ah well, I'll still hope for some fun supports.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Not really, we've known about the same 6 characters (Chrom, Corrin, Ryoma, Xander, and Marth) since the initial reveal back in the FE Direct. Other than a few original characters, we've seen nothing new in those several months since.

Hyrule Warriors we only knew we had Link for much longer than this, no other main characters were shown, besides the obvious Zelda and at the time no one knew if she was playable or not.

Edited by Jedi

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I vote b or c. Costumes for the smash amiibo could be cool. Alternatively they could give Chrom Ragnell and watch the fanboys loose their minds.

They better not. Ragnell is exclusively Ike's weapon and giving it to Chrom or anyone else would be stupid and a slap in the face to Ike fans. Same with giving any character other than Ike an Ike themed costume. Yes, there were costumes like Ilia and such for Zelda and other characters in Hyrule Warriors, but those characters weren't major and super popular ones like Ike is.

EDIT: Jedi, not from what I remember, but whatever the case, this is still a little too slow, imo.

Edited by Anacybele

14 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

10 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

You really seem to relish in mocking people who don't like the 3DS bias.

1 minute ago, Thane said:

I want Chrom to make a comment about his feet. I know it's an old joke, but it needs to happen.

Maybe he'll ask about Corrin's interesting fashion choices? :P