E3 Gameplay

Tsak

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

People take more than enough shots at the 3DS games and their fans. Plus, just look at the reaction to Warriors, its not exactly like they are kind and courteous to new fans.

I mean, I haven't seen anyone on this forum saying "remove all 3DS characters" or "lul just give the Raijinto to Alm". I have seen many people saying they should've included other characters  along with the 3DS ones. But sure.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

People take more than enough shots at the 3DS games and their fans. Plus, just look at the reaction to Warriors, its not exactly like they are kind and courteous to new fans.

That's not an excuse to take shots at them though. It makes you just as bad as them. That goes for everyone.

16 minutes ago, Thane said:

I want Chrom to make a comment about his feet. I know it's an old joke, but it needs to happen.

14 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Maybe he'll ask about Corrin's interesting fashion choices? :P

We must petition for this. 

9 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

I mean, I haven't seen anyone on this forum saying "remove all 3DS characters" or "lul just give the Raijinto to Alm". I have seen many people saying they should've included other characters  along with the 3DS ones. But sure.

It's not just this thread, but people attack everything from the characters to the plot and I'm tired of it.

8 minutes ago, Azz said:

That's not an excuse to take shots at them though. It makes you just as bad as them. That goes for everyone.

True, but in my earlier comments I took a shot at Lucina fans as well which I am a part of. Honestly this whole response to Warriors has reflected poorly on the fans.

I find it oddly amusing that the most dedicated FE fans are the most likely to be unhappy about the roster

If you want to make jokes at the expense of older fans you should at least do it the right way, like suggesting that Gregor should get an Ike outfit as DLC because Gregor's inclusion makes Ike redundant. Because Gregor makes everything better, yes?

On another note, what are the chances that Lucina doesn't get her own slot, but is instead a costume for Marth that's exclusively obtained by buying both versions and the season pass?

Edited by Lightchao42

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I find it oddly amusing that the most dedicated FE fans are the most likely to be unhappy about the roster

If you want to make jokes at the expense of older fans you should at least do it the right way, like suggesting that Gregor should get an Ike outfit as DLC because Gregor's inclusion makes Ike redundant. Because Gregor makes everything better, yes?

On another note, what are the chances that Lucina doesn't get her own slot, but is instead a costume for Marth that's exclusively obtained by buying both versions and the season pass?

Well, Gregor is better in every way. Joking, I actually don't care for him. Have Severa replace Ike.

I kind of doubt it, but it would alienate a lot of the fans still on their side, so...possibly.

Edited by Arthur97

36 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I vote b or c. Costumes for the smash amiibo could be cool. Alternatively they could give Chrom Ragnell and watch the fanboys loose their minds.

I wouldn't mind if the game has a weapon swap glitch like Hyrule Warriors did before it was patched. Which then in later Adventure Mode DLCs had missions where other enemy characters had weapons that they normally wouldn't wield. Like Zelda using Link's normal Sword + Shield. 

It would be interesting if they didn't put Lucy in, and I honestly wouldn't really mind if they chose not to. Really, an unpredictable roster would be more interesting than the obvious characters that Awakening and Fates throws at us. (I haven't played Shadow Dragon)

I wonder how they'll spread out character reveals, assuming they follow through with their word.  I'm with a lot of folks in wanting to see more than just the obvious, and it's a little grating that they keep saying "oh don't worry, there's more than just sword users" but keep showing only sword users.  I know they've got an agenda for revealing this stuff, but damn if they can't show someone who doesn't primarily use a sword.  It isn't exactly a vote of confidence when they simply say it is so; another case of showing being better than telling.

15 minutes ago, Thane said:

I want Chrom to make a comment about his feet. I know it's an old joke, but it needs to happen.

I have a strong feeling we'll be getting more than our fill of jokes and memes in this game, don't you worry.

5 minutes ago, KongDude said:

It would be interesting if they didn't put Lucy in, and I honestly wouldn't really mind if they chose not to. Really, an unpredictable roster would be more interesting than the obvious characters that Awakening and Fates throws at us. (I haven't played Shadow Dragon)

With Lucina's popularity, I doubt excluding her is a risk the devs are willing to take. I expect her in the game in some form.

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

With Lucina's popularity, I doubt excluding her is a risk the devs are willing to take. I expect her in the game in some form.

I'm not really doubting her inclusion. I just think not including her would be an interesting idea. She's seriously over represented.

27 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Honestly this whole response to Warriors has reflected poorly on the fans.

Blame IS for dividing the fanbase and only pandering to one side of it. It's been older fans vs newer fans for some time now. Older fans have a right to feel upset when they're repeatedly being shafted the way we are. As stated before, nobody is saying to remove everything 3DS-related, only to add in more pre-3DS stuff alongside it that isn't Archanea.

Edited by Anacybele

50 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Not sure if it was acknowledged before, but apparently all FE amiibo are compatible with FE Warriors. Wonder what this means?

Pessimistic thought, they said all FE amiibo are compatible with FEW.  Technically, the only FE amiibo we have currently are Alm and Celica, with Y!Tiki and Chrom on the way.  Ike, Roy, Robin, Lucina, Marth, and both Corrin amiibos are Smash amiibos.  I don't actually expect them to exclude these amiibos, but technicalities can be rationalized...

I think the most likely is HW-ish weapon drops, tailored to the class of the character used.  Other possibilities include in battle scan stuff like summoned allies, armies or morale boosts, EXP/Weapon skill to the appropriate character for scanning them, some sort of special game mode that involves amiibo scans for bonuses, or unlocking characters (which is probably unlikely, but the Spinner is still amiibo only for HW on Wii U AFAIK).

3 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Pessimistic thought, they said all FE amiibo are compatible with FEW.  Technically, the only FE amiibo we have currently are Alm and Celica, with Y!Tiki and Chrom on the way.  Ike, Roy, Robin, Lucina, Marth, and both Corrin amiibos are Smash amiibos.  I don't actually expect them to exclude these amiibos, but technicalities can be rationalized...

Uh, why would the Smash FE Amiibo NOT be compatible if the others WILL be? That just makes zero sense. Besides, look at the response from a lack of Roy in Fates. Do you know how much more salt there would be if Ike, Marth, Robin, Roy, Lucina, and Corrin weren't compatible? Especially since, you know, Marth and Corrin are actually IN Warriors?

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, KongDude said:

I'm not really doubting her inclusion. I just think not including her would be an interesting idea. She's seriously over represented.

She's the pseudomascot, what do you expect?

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Blame IS for dividing the fanbase and only pandering to one side of it. It's been older fans vs newer fans for some time now. Older fans have a right to feel upset when they're repeatedly being shafted the way we are. As stated before, nobody is saying to remove everything 3DS-related, only to add in more pre-3DS stuff alongside it that isn't Archanea.

Thing is, I'm guessing Awakening/Fates/SD were included as a safety net for the game to do well. Despite what the vocal people would suggest, Awakening and Fates are ridiculously popular, and they likely got chosen to help the game sell more and perhaps increase the chances for a sequel and DLC, where they may likely be able to be more lenient with game representation.

A guess on my part, though.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Uh, why would the Smash FE Amiibo NOT be compatible if the others WILL be? That just makes zero sense. Besides, look at the response from a lack of Roy in Fates. Do you know how much more salt there would be if Ike, Marth, Robin, Roy, Lucina, and Corrin weren't compatible?

I don't actually believe that they won't, and I said it was a pessimistic thought.  At the very least, any character that appears in the game and has any amiibo should have the functionality, assuming that functionality is character specific and not series specific.  The technical separation does exist though, and can be used to rationalize exclusion.

The thought is also caution against assuming that every FE character with an amiibo will be included in game.  They aren't obligated to do so, and the functionality might not be character specific, just that you get something different for scanning an amiibo of a FE character than you do for scanning an amiibo of a Kirby or Mario character.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

2 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Thing is, I'm guessing Awakening/Fates/SD were included as a safety net for the game to do well. Despite what the vocal people would suggest, Awakening and Fates are ridiculously popular, and they likely got chosen to help the game sell more and perhaps increase the chances for a sequel and DLC, where they may likely be able to be more lenient with game representation.

A guess on my part, though.

Um, duh? Read my post again, I said no one is saying that those SHOULDN'T be included. Only that characters from other games should be in as well, whether it's the base game or DLC.

EDIT: @YotsuMaboroshi Right, but it still does give some hope that the FE characters with Smash Amiibo are/will be in the game.

Edited by Anacybele

46 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Nah, not happening. For some reason, Koei is always oddly cheap with the costumes - like not changing the character portraits, even when it's just a CG gender that could be replaced in a few minutes. Just look at Hyrule Warriors - they have different portraits for soldier Link and Dark Link, but when you choose them as costumes you just get the standard Link portrait.

A completely different character with the same moveset would be just a clone, not a costume.

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The only time the old games were shafted so far was #FE though. And everyone was basically shafted there since the Mirages were little like the original characters. We know that there will be characters beyond Shadow Dragon, FE13 and 14 in this game. And the Amiibo quote strongly suggests we're getting Ike, Roy, Alm and Celica at least.

The thought is also caution against assuming that every FE character with an amiibo

will be included in game.  They aren't obligated to do so, and the functionality might not be character specific, just that you get something different for scanning an amiibo of a FE character than you do for scanning an amiibo of a Kirby or Mario character.

At least, looking at how they handled the Zelda Amiibo, I don't think that will happen. The Zelda (including Zelda characters in Smash) Amiibo for characters who weren't in Hyrule Warriors behaved exactly like the generic Amiibo. Besides, it'd be pretty misleading to announce specific Amiibo functionality and only give them generic support.

Anyway, so far, unlike the Mario and Kirby Amiibo, we have no actual FE Amiibo collection that covers the Smash characters, so I don't think it's really something worth speculating about.

Edited by NeonZ

Just now, Anacybele said:

Um, duh? Read my post again, I said no one is saying that those SHOULDN'T be included. Only that characters from other games should be in as well, whether it's the base game or DLC.

I didn't argue for their inclusion, I argued my guess for their focus so that other games could get more focus when Warriors gets positive popularity.

Though, I'm not feeling confident in pushing my case, now that I think about the reasons more, so I'm gonna concede defeat.

8 minutes ago, KongDude said:

I know she is, but she gets like 80% of IS's love. It honestly amazed me how big of a poster-girl she's become despite how late she arrived to the series.

Maybe it's because Awakneing is one of the most popular games in the series which brought in a lot of newcomers, who sadly, wouldn't be very familiar with older characters with the exception of Marth, Roy and Ike thanks to Smash. Marth would also be well known by the fact Awakening mentions him a lot.

And we also got to remember, the majority of the fan base is the casual newcomers, while veterans, while the loudest in the fanbase, are far from the majority.

4 minutes ago, NeonZ said:

The only time the old games were shafted so far was #FE though. And everyone was basically shafted there since the Mirages were little like the original characters. We know that there will be characters beyond Shadow Dragon, FE13 and 14 in this game. And the Amiibo quote strongly suggests we're getting Ike, Roy, Alm and Celica at least.

Yeah, TMS was pretty poor in terms of representation. I keep forgetting that game exists, though, honestly. But yeah, I really hope the Amiibo compatibility thing means Ike is playable.

Really, my main wishes for this game is to be able to play as Ike and Frederick in addition to my porcupine prince Ryoma. <3

@NoirCore Fair enough then.

@Azz They are probably the majority, yes, but I wouldn't say they're THAT much a majority. And we don't know how many of those newer fans also really love characters like Ike, Lyn, Roy, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if many of them voted for these characters in the Heroes poll!

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Azz said:

Maybe it's because Awakneing is one of the most popular games in the series which brought in a lot of newcomers, who sadly, wouldn't be very familiar with older characters with the exception of Marth, Roy and Ike thanks to Smash. Marth would also be well known by the fact Awakening mentions him a lot.

And we also got to remember, the majority of the fan base is the casual newcomers, while veterans, while the loudest in the fanbase, are far from the majority.

Okay I just thought about it. I keep forgetting about Awakening saving the series and all that stuff due to the negativity that also floats around it.