bethany81707

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, phineas81707 said:

Can anyone tell me whether those walls will break in one hit or two?

Those in the north will break in one hit, those on the sides, in two.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

...Ideas are swirling about...

But I'm not particularly partial to taking first crack. I've still got over 10K of the Tempest to go- I'll start reading the feedback before I give it a try. Although I suspect Klein (and the fact he uses Quick Riposte now after the Tempest happened), one of my Robins (probably female) and Ryoma will feed into the strategy. 2HP walls help- controlling the centre looks important.

Seems pretty intresting. I'm currently thinking of having a ranged units blow up the left Legion from behind the walls. You can get them dance support and get the dancer repositioned out if neccecairy, and the ranged unit would only have to tank the blue mage. If I can get Nino to one-round the left Legion, I'm golden, but otherwise it might get a little tricky. Alternatively, Hector can probably tank Legion for a round and vantage kill the mage.

The map is clearly a reference to his final level, both in design and the two Legions, but I guess facing an all axe team would be a bit to easy.

I'm really hoping they won't introduce fog of war for Clarisse's map...

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

Seems pretty intresting. I'm currently thinking of having a ranged units blow up the left Legion from behind the walls. You can get them dance support and get the dancer repositioned out if neccecairy, and the ranged unit would only have to tank the blue mage. If I can get Nino to one-round the left Legion, I'm golden, but otherwise it might get a little tricky. Alternatively, Hector can probably tank Legion for a round and vantage kill the mage.

The map is clearly a reference to his final level, both in design and the two Legions, but I guess facing an all axe team would be a bit to easy.

Hey, FE's Fog of War will be a piece of cake with how much I'm used to Advance Wars Fog.

Odds are, I'm probably going to somehow forget FE lets me look into nonadjacent forest tiles without a special ability tied to an otherwise poor combatant.

6 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I'm currently thinking of having a ranged units blow up the left Legion from behind the walls.

Don’t forget that the left Legion has Aegis on stand-by.

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Hey, FE's Fog of War will be a piece of cake with how much I'm used to Advance Wars Fog.

Odds are, I'm probably going to somehow forget FE lets me look into nonadjacent forest tiles without a special ability tied to an otherwise poor combatant.

Perhaps, but not letting anyone die in a fog of war map filled to the brink with snipers and ballista users is pretty dificult.

Spoiler

Although I quit Advance wars for a while because of a fog of war map, so there's that...

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Don’t forget that the left Legion has Aegis on stand-by.

Woops, I meant I was planning to blow up the right Legion, not the left one. Is that Aegis though? I thought he had Reprisal as a special.

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

Woops, I meant I was planning to blow up the right Legion, not the left one. Is that Aegis though? I thought he had Reprisal as a special.

It says 聖盾 which means Aegis. I think it’s safe to assume both Legions have the same skills. They are “clones” after all.

Just now, Bartozio said:

Perhaps, but not letting anyone die in a fog of war map filled to the brink with snipers and ballista users is pretty dificult.

Hide contents

Although I quit Advance wars for a while because of a fog of war map, so there's that...

With ballista in FE, you always know where they are.

With indirects in AW, they can hide them in a forest and you're basically going to have a really bad time.

I'll need to find out his skills to add to my spreadsheet, so I'd like to a) learn his innates, b) be reminded whether Reprisal is 'shortened cooldown' or 'greater effect' (I think it's the former) and, if you can manage it, c) tell me his minor skill.

I thinking blowing up right legion by Cecilia and have blue Knight self destruct on enemy phase. Olwen should be able deal with red mage once sensei and Titania deal with archer and second Legion. Azura can assist.

Well that Aegis worries me though.

24 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

I thinking blowing up right legion by Cecilia and have blue Knight self destruct on enemy phase. Olwen should be able deal with red mage once sensei and Titania deal with archer and second Legion. Azura can assist.

Well that Aegis worries me though.

By 'Sensei', you mean 'Cecilia', right?

Hmmm... I'll set my horses on the map again. QR Reinhardt should be able to take care of the red mage, and Cecilia should be able to tank both the blue mage and Brave archer after a Fortify boost (and hopefully counter-kill). I should think of giving her QR too, lol. Xander and Eldigan can rage on the Legions from the Defence tiles after that with support sniping from the mages. It's a pity I don't have Leo, he looks like he'd be great on this map.

I'm a bit worried about the Panic effect. I'll have to be careful to position the sword horses so they don't get their cav boosts when they engage the Legions.

Edited by azurrys

1 hour ago, Tenzen12 said:

I don't think any of them was actual teacher. Just mentoring and advising doesn't count.

Sensei taught the cast of Advance Wars how to be overpowered. Turns out when you want to win, the answer is always Infantry, infantry and even more infantry

He actually taught Kanbei in the lore of AW lol

4 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Darn I just realized blue knight can clear way for sniper. Maybe I should go for raven instead blade and take some strong red as Ryoma or Eldigan to beat Legions.

@JSND yeah advance wars joke flies above me. I think I played it, buy that's about it.

Edited by Tenzen12

Nino clears out the right flank, Tharja clears out the left flank. This can all be done by the end of EP1 with 1 reposition. That just leaves the brave bow left. Poor guy is going to get destroyed. 

4 hours ago, Bartozio said:

gonna use my horse Emblem on this i guess, Cecilia should be able to one shot the right Legion and take the hit (and maybe counterkill) the blue mage with Emblem buffs in the middle defense tiles np.
Camus/Reinhardt will prolly bait the red mage in the middle on defense tiles and finish him with counters, and then Xander can swoop in on 2. round to block the path Legion would have opened through the wall. The Ranger up there will prolly be a nuisance with Xander or Camus on Defensiv Tiles. Priscilla patches everyone up

6 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Nino clears out the right flank, Tharja clears out the left flank. This can all be done by the end of EP1 with 1 reposition. That just leaves the brave bow left. Poor guy is going to get destroyed. 

not sure if tharja can clear the left flank red mage on counter attack, if the panic effect of his weapon applies even if he is not able to survive tharjas hit, your tharja might be in trouble then maybe.