Skipping Wallace's promotion

sandmanccl

I don't get how to do it. I'm following the instructions on the hints page, but it still forces me to choose from items and i can't back out of the screen to make it end.

Someone explain it better than the site does if they can. I want to give him a shot this playthrough so I figured I'd skip the promotion to make him as good as possible.

You know how to soft reset the game, right? By holding A, B, Select and Start.

When you select Wallace (to make him move), hold any direction on the D Pad (eg. Up) and any of the three soft reset buttons (eg. A, B, Select). Then press the fourth soft reset button (eg. Start).

If successful, the cursor should then "break away". Then, re-select Wallace and direct him to the village.

(Some of the timing I mentioned might be a little off. However, the button combination is definitely correct.)

Edited by VincentASM

So... this is just a way to abuse wallace on Normal?

...I spent an hour and a half getting him to 20 on chapter 9 hard.

How'd you do that? I soloed the chapter with him and I only got him to level 3...

So... this is just a way to abuse wallace on Normal?

...I spent an hour and a half getting him to 20 on chapter 9 hard.

You could abuse Wallace this way, or you could promote Kent or Sain instead.

I usually promote Kent.

This is on normal mode because it's a fresh copy of the game. I'm playing it on an emulator rather than my cartridge so I still have to unlock hard modes.

If you're playing it on an emulator, then just grab a gameshark snapshot (Saves section) from Gfaqs

Now, I have a question regarding this...

I have heard that if you play Lyn Hard Mode, and don't give Wallace the Knight Crest, when you get him again later on he'll be a General with the stats he would have as a level X Knight. In other words, he would maintain STATS, but his class would be the same no matter what. I have not confirmed this yet, but I will try. However, this has other implications...

What if you used the Knight Crest on Kent or Sain. By this logic, they would gain a bunch of stat ups basically for free, and you could still 5 Star funds.

I've never tried any of this before, usually keeping the Knight Crest to ensure 5 stars in Funds. Anyone know anything about this?

If you don't promote Wallace in LHM, he stays unpromoted when you get him back.

Assuming you take his path, of course. I really hate having to take on Lloyd first, I dislike the map. So it's basically a free promotion for Sain or Kent, and you also get a decent Warrior prepromote.

• 4 years later...

You know how to soft reset the game, right? By holding A, B, Select and Start.

When you select Wallace (to make him move), hold any direction on the D Pad (eg. Up) and any of the three soft reset buttons (eg. A, B, Select). Then press the fourth soft reset button (eg. Start).

If successful, the cursor should then "break away". Then, re-select Wallace and direct him to the village.

(Some of the timing I mentioned might be a little off. However, the button combination is definitely correct.)

So, I messed around with this on an emulator: after you break away, you have to choose another unit, move the cursor over Wallace, and hit A. Then have them go to the village (instead of Wallace complaining to you that he needs to use his item, you are able to go to the village now). After you visit, Wallace should act like he just got promoted.

But he didn't :)