Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Where are these apples and where may I get them

This is really throwing me through a loop, cause I went back and checked and even though my number of apples hasn't increased on either NA or JP, I distinctly remember getting a number of apples as an apology for something.

I should probably stop going to sleep at 4 in the morning...

1 minute ago, Archer of Red said:

This is really throwing me through a loop, cause I went back and checked and even though my number of apples hasn't increased on either NA or JP, I distinctly remember getting a number of apples as an apology for something.

I should probably stop going to sleep at 4 in the morning...

I don’t blame you. Every day for three days, I rolled my first 5* unit in the gacha.

And then I woke up.

9 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I don’t blame you. Every day for three days, I rolled my first 5* unit in the gacha.

And then I woke up.

It turns out an apple was given out for a master quest bug.

I don't know how I turned an apple into five apples, but still >_>

3 hours ago, Archer of Red said:

I don't know how I turned an apple into five apples, but still >_>

Honnouji Rewards. They give out Golden Apples, too.

After watching Apocrypha, I kinda wonder when the rest of the roster will be added.

Spoiler

Chiron - Archer

Avicebron - Caster

Achilles - Rider

Semiramis - Assassin/Caster

Though class-wise we can't be sure what they will be. Vlad was a Lancer in Apocrypha but became a Berserker in FGO.

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Get your OGITAMONS with GUDAGUDA Poster Girls ready boys

The Rider Node aka Hiragumo Happy Hour comes out tomorrow.

Just a fair bit of warning;
The enemies on that stage are centaurs which can take a lot of punishment. It might be a good idea to switch the line-up a bit so you can focus more on clearing that stage instead of optimal Honnouji setup.
Doesn't help that there are only 2 good Assassins out there.

I'm running a crit build with Nobu / OGITAMON / Hassan.  I'll just save Hassan's and Nobu's NP for the boss, then Weak Constitution for ALL THE CRITS.

As hard as this node might be, it won't be anywhere near as bad as Mata Hari's. Vivid flashbacks of Pheromone spam

Eh, I'm not sure if I'll be able to farm Rider effectively. I've been farming Saber because Orion +  Nobu + Emiya Support works well, so I get some extra points as getting a bonus Hiragumo drop. // I only did the Assassin node once on full try-hard mode. I used Cu Caster + Medea + Tamamo Mae Support and managed to get through it.

As for my progress, I bought one of the Hiragumo Golden Skulls and I have my 1st copy of Nobu for merging. I am not looking forward to farming Hiragumos for materials after I purchase the final Golden Skull...

tamamo+liz/hans make the assassin one doable for me. Guess ramming exp cards on them during halloween made everything worth it.

even tho getting charmlocked is annoying. I'm wondering if getting all the ascension materials for nobu is more important than the CEs and getting her NP level up. 

Do we get to run this event again? I thought I read somewhere that this event gets rerun sometime in the future.

Yep there’s a rerun, though it’s more than a year from now.

Fully ascending Nobu is important, but GUDA points give rare mats as well as quartz on top of increasing her NP level. Stick with getting the CE’s first before you get the final skulls and the other mats. After tomorrow grinding Hiragumos will be a lot faster than what we have now.

My team for the assassin node is Nobu / Liz / Support Waver. Build NP, then use C. Star drop Mystic Code on Nobu to farm 40+ stars, then use Liz’s Innocent Monster for stars per turn and then her Battle Continuation the turn after for 100% crits on all five cards. A single brave chain after the NP turn can do over 50,000 damage assuming your Pheromone RNG isn’t horrendous like mine (3 times in a row...)

The new node was a bit harder than I thought, but I think I got the hang of it now. I ended up swapping one of the bonus units out in favor of NP2 Carmilla. Even with one ascension she can still drain Drake’s NP and even live it with a little HP to spare. Hassan has been carrying so hard on this node though. It feels great knowing the first unit I ever maxed out is finally seeing more use.

I’ve gotten all the GUDA-O’s in the shop, and got a 5th copy from the 40 AP assassin node, so now I can run the GUDA quests with a 420% bonus :^) I’m near 450,000 points total, so one more run away from getting a second copy of Nobu.

Now the grind truly begins. No apple will be spared. Not until I get all the skulls, talons, shoes, and hearts from the shop.

burned two command spells on the new node.

grinding grinding grinding. gotta get more points, more items, more drops, more mats, more skulls.

Surprisingly enough I find the assassin node to be the easiest to grind, guess I'm a stickler for punishment.

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

"Critical Stars" in battle is something invented by Assassins to compensate for their natural weaknesses, so such is unnecessary for Herc who possesses none.

Rider node in a nutshell

Kinda agree.
I thought this would be far harder but switching out the under-leveled Medusa for my Hercules pretty much did the trick for the Rider quest. Since the 5* CE has taunt he will never get killed in the first wave and the 2nd can be cleared 1-2 rounds. The last one is NP/Buster Chain spam until everything dies.

But boy do I hate NP gain skills on enemy servants. If I didn't pop Evasion on Herc and Cu I would have to spent Command Seals because Drake's NP was charged.

3 minutes ago, Talandar said:

Kinda agree.
I thought this would be far harder but switching out the under-leveled Medusa for my Hercules pretty much did the trick for the Rider quest. Since the 5* CE has taunt he will never get killed in the first wave and the 2nd can be cleared 1-2 rounds. The last one is NP/Buster Chain spam until everything dies.

But boy do I hate NP gain skills on enemy servants. If I didn't pop Evasion on Herc and Cu I would have to spent Command Seals because Drake's NP was charged.

The friend Herc i'm using had the taunt CE. Al i did is pop both evasion and by battle 3, its pretty ez to have him with full gauge lol

The rider node has left me with scars.  I have one competent assassin and one Jing Ke, who is in dire need of 20 levels.  Will probably grab some random support assassin, just to make the last battle a lot less stress-inducing.  Will be a nice change from the Saber grinding I've been doing.

Rider node had me waste 160 AP which equals 80 lost Hiragumos. Ouch.

Drake's Voyager of the Storm makes the goons actually dangerous and one-shot Herc with a crit. Doesn't help that Drake has insane damage output herself.
I've now scrapped by max. Honnouji point and use Mash, Herc, Support Kintoki (+Hiragumo CE), Emiya, Nobunaga and Cu. My 4th loss came with this team though because Drake critted Kintoki to death ... while he had his NP ready.

Got the 3rd Nobunaga now with today's golden mission.

I'm doing the Rider missions with Jing Ke, Koujirou, and support Hassan.  Zabaniya has been nothing but disappointment so far.  I also have to hope and pray that the enemy forgets Jing Ke's existence, so I can get her NP off before she dies.

Anyway, rice bowls.  How the hell do I get more of them?

Rider node is easy man. Double Hassan / Nobu / Carmilla in the rear is usually enough. Double Evade gets through the first two waves without too much damage, and on the third I just NP chain and leave Drake at 100k HP or so.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

I'm doing the Rider missions with Jing Ke, Koujirou, and support Hassan.  Zabaniya has been nothing but disappointment so far.

Someone hasn’t been using mine, it seems. He averages 90k a pop which hits her for over a third of her health.

Oh you mean the instant kill? The chances are so low outside of trash mobs that it should never be counted on against actual bosses. That’s because the death rates for each boss are stored serverside; death rates for servants on the wiki determine the enemy’s success rate for instant kill against your units. Not the reverse.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Anyway, rice bowls.  How the hell do I get more of them?

Rider is the best one yet. Have fun~

I am rethinking my farming strategy.

Ever since it was mentioned on Reddit, I noticed the rates of Hiragumos increase with the new chapters. The other two currencies are best farmed at their 10/20 AP battles. Considering I would like to level up Nobu more and could use the Fous for something, I'll start low and work my way up. I could also use the Forbidden Pages for my guys.

As for my eventual Hiragumo farm, I'll probably try my luck with the Lancer one. I have a level 50 Caesar and a level 80 Okita support, and maybe with some strategy I'll get better drops there instead of farming the Saber node. I don't think I'll be able to reliably clear anything higher as I do not have good Riders or Lancers.