If Priscilla's army don't use some flags now, Clarine will keep the lead and win.

Raven

With only 8 hours left, Clarine's current lead (between 9th and 8th hours) fell from only 7.2% lead to 6.7% - 0.5% per hour.

Flags up for Priscilla.

qL3vm2h7MUyzVBJIELocWxvpZe-oBSnucVz8yYpv

Seriously, I'm on Team Clarine (still love how that rhymes) and I only joined because I thought Priscilla would mop the floor with Clarine.

What the hell happened to Team Priscilla? All of a sudden with about 12 hours left their scores have dropped to rates as low as the first 4 or 5 hours.

SPEND SOME DAMN FLAGS! Or you know, just go back to doing 2 battles every hour?

2 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Seriously, I'm on Team Clarine (still love how that rhymes) and I only joined because I thought Priscilla would mop the floor with Clarine.

What the hell happened to Team Priscilla? All of a sudden with about 12 hours left their scores have dropped to rates as low as the first 4 or 5 hours.

SPEND SOME DAMN FLAGS! Or you know, just go back to doing 2 battles every hour?

There is nothing fundamentally wrong with team Priscilla; she has more supporters and would be winning under any normal circumstance. The bonus hours are the problem, and are complete bullshittery.

Edited by Raven

8 minutes ago, Raven said:

There is nothing fundamentally wrong with team Priscilla; she has more supporters and would be winning under any normal circumstance. The bonus hours are the problem, and are complete bullshittery.

I wonder how close Mist v Lissa would be without the Bonuses.  I've only seen it a couple times, but I think this increasing multiplier is a bit stupid.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I wonder how close Mist v Lissa would be without the Bonuses.  I've only seen it a couple times, but I think this increasing multiplier is a bit stupid.

Lissa would be winning quite handily. Actually, if Mist gets a good boost from the next bonus hour, she can maintain that lead and win. She is pretty close to obtaining the bonus, and the current rate would mean she gets a bonus in about 5-6 hours' time if Lissa fans continue to push hard.

As for Priscilla, Clarine's lead dropped from 6.7% to 5.9%. Still not quite high enough of a drop for Priscilla to reclaim her rightful lead.

2 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Why did they even change how the multiplier works? The mage gauntlet pretty much had it down.

They saw the negative reaction it got, and thought "Well, we didn't get any upsets this time, better keep cranking that fail-buff."

Just now, Rezzy said:

They saw the negative reaction it got, and thought "Well, we didn't get any upsets this time, better keep cranking that fail-buff."

People reacted negatively to it? I thought it was fine. I didn't mind that Tharja won the last one since it wasn't by a landslide throughout the entire thing.

1 minute ago, KongDude said:

People reacted negatively to it? I thought it was fine. I didn't mind that Tharja won the last one since it wasn't by a landslide throughout the entire thing.

My general impression was passive acceptance to outright dislike of it.  I saw very few people really enthusiastic about it.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Precisely this. They want to kick up a shitstorm within the fanbase for some reason. If Sakura wins, the Elise fans will call this whole thing rigged.

19 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Why did they even change how the multiplier works? The mage gauntlet pretty much had it down.

17 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

The only reason they added a multiplier was because of the stupid people who complained about Lucina and Camila winning. Then they added the multiplier and everyone still complained that the leads became too large and 3x wasn't enough to make up the difference.

It's a freaking voting gauntlet. People need to grow up and accept the fact that they can't always be on the winning side. This is probably a result of the youth sports thing where every kid gets a "participation trophy".

Fact: there will always be more losers than there are winners. We as a society need to come to grips with this and learn accept defeat and be grateful for victories.

BTW this is just a rant in general and not specifically directed at anyone in this thread.

Well, to be fair, the Gauntlet is incredibly boring (well, more boring than popularity contests normally are) when the winner is an obvious from character announcement. If people were only concerned about being a winner, it'd be easy enough to bandwagon the winner because it's clear as day. IS then decided that, instead of having two characters of relatively similar popularity face off, they should just take the lazy way out and fudge the numbers.

2 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Well, to be fair, the Gauntlet is incredibly boring (well, more boring than popularity contests normally are) when the winner is an obvious from character announcement. If people were only concerned about being a winner, it'd be easy enough to bandwagon the winner because it's clear as day. IS then decided that, instead of having two characters of relatively similar popularity face off, they should just take the lazy way out and fudge the numbers.

Hiding the current total team scores and only revealing the winners at the end of each round would help a lot. Way more than adding a catch-up mechanic.

Just now, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

That might help a little, but only a little. When people can tell who will win before a single vote has been cast, hiding the votes won't be very effective.

It will prevent bandwagoners. If you go back and look at the 1st gauntlet, over 90% of people who lost on Team Eirika and Team Chrom in the 2nd round went over to Team Lucina for the Final round.

In the end though, it is a vote. It really isn't exciting by design. If there was more of an emphasis on the fights, or earning flags were a little more difficult than "KO Foe" for 100 flags, things might be a little different.

When I can get 10,000+ feathers by the end of it, I really don't care who wins or how they do it.

19 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

It will prevent bandwagoners. If you go back and look at the 1st gauntlet, over 90% of people who lost on Team Eirika and Team Chrom in the 2nd round went over to Team Lucina for the Final round.

In the end though, it is a vote. It really isn't exciting by design. If there was more of an emphasis on the fights, or earning flags were a little more difficult than "KO Foe" for 100 flags, things might be a little different.

When I can get 10,000+ feathers by the end of it, I really don't care who wins or how they do it.

I really don't think it would prevent bandwagonners. Like I said, if the winner is obvious without there needing to be single vote cast, then people who really want to can and will bandwagon without needing to see the numbers.

That's fair. I'm just looking at it from a perspective of what they're trying to accomplish because I have a personal interest in game design. It just kind weirds me because for all that the announcement bulletins try to hype things, the implementation is very lazy and doesn't really hold up to how much they're trying to talk stuff up. I guess beyond that, I'm not really invested in who wins, either, so I'm also otherwise just in it for the feathers. Funny half-conspiracy thought: maybe IS realizes this and that's why they just half-ass the Voting Gauntlets. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

I really don't think it would prevent bandwagonners. Like I said, if the winner is obvious without there needing to be single vote cast, then people who really want to can and will bandwagon without needing to see the numbers.

That's fair. I'm just looking at it from a perspective of what they're trying to accomplish because I have a personal interest in game design. It just kind weirds me because for all that the announcement bulletins try to hype things, the implementation is very lazy and doesn't really hold up to how much they're trying to talk stuff up. I guess beyond that, I'm not really invested in who wins, either, so I'm also otherwise just in it for the feathers. Funny half-conspiracy thought: maybe IS realizes this and that's why they just half-ass the Voting Gauntlets. :lol:

They could have a pool of like 20 characters and have every player pick 1 character and then take the top 8 characters for the actual voting gauntlet. That way we don't have characters like Subaki and Beruka in the same gauntlet as Camilla.

Once we reach 8 gauntlets, I hope the ninth will pit all 8 winners against each other. No multiplier bullshit.

I've been attempting to rally in the main voting gauntlet topic--we need to push into the evening strong! We pulled in 54.6 million votes the past hour, versus Clarine's 16.2. If we keep that up, we shall overcome the evil workings & bullshittery of the dark multiplier god and claim the righteous victory! We shan't let such wicked sorcery seize victory from us! *slices up a spare Bartre on Priscilla's altar and smears the blood on my face* We shall triumph over the evil forces at work!

Onward! Ride on, into battle! For the glory of our Lady Priscilla! Her holy light shall guide us through this vale of darkness! *sacrifices another Bartre*

You shall march onward, for you have my full support. In fact, such ill sentiments I possess regarding my own team is truly distressing, albeit felicitous. But I must agree, the multiplier system is simply dreadful and I fully believe Priscilla must be bestowed such a victory.

Be grateful for my support, Raven; for I would not simply undergo such an act on normal circumstances. Of course, I shall not be spending flags or contributing points towards my team as I wish for your desired outcome. May you fare ever so well.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

My general impression was passive acceptance to outright dislike of it.  I saw very few people really enthusiastic about it.

When it came out, I remember seeing universal praise.  My issue was it would ruin moments like Ephraim vs Chrom from ever happening again, which it did.  I think this time around, its more aggressive (or it was the last one) and I don't really care about the voting gauntlet anymore.  Maybe after someone falsely wins IS will realize the voting gauntlets were broken because they put waifu against everyone else not because the points system wasn't rigged...

I'm not on either team, but that picture is adorable.

We did it guys, well done! Our victory is assured at this point. We passed Clarine, and no more multipliers are possible for our round. We had a really impressive showing last hour, with a gain of 74 million votes! In contrast, Clarine gained 21.1 million.

2 hours ago, Lushen said:

When it came out, I remember seeing universal praise.  My issue was it would ruin moments like Ephraim vs Chrom from ever happening again, which it did.  I think this time around, its more aggressive (or it was the last one) and I don't really care about the voting gauntlet anymore.  Maybe after someone falsely wins IS will realize the voting gauntlets were broken because they put waifu against everyone else not because the points system wasn't rigged...

I saw mixed feelings on it. The multiplier is far more aggressive this time, because it scales with time. So, for the last hour, the multiplier can reach x7.5, whereas the last time it was a consistent x3 for the whole time. I think Elise will lose this round of the gauntlet because of it, despite her being the most popular character in this one.

6 minutes ago, Falcom said:

I'm not on either team, but that picture is adorable.

The picture is adorable... Just don't look too closely at the hands, omg *shudders*

11 minutes ago, Astellius said:

I saw mixed feelings on it. The multiplier is far more aggressive this time, because it scales with time. So, for the last hour, the multiplier can reach x7.5, whereas the last time it was a consistent x3 for the whole time. I think Elise will lose this round of the gauntlet because of it, despite her being the most popular character in this one.

Sakura > Elise I think.

Still, I don't know how IS could think someone winning this randomly is a good feature...