Weapons for Frederick and other potential multi-users

Anacybele

I noticed some people were surprised to see Frederick use axes in this game, I wasn't surprised at all because of Heroes and the fact that Great Knights are more associated with axes than other weapons.

And then some said they wished Freddy would use lances in this game. Don't worry, I think he will have them too! As well as swords! Remember, this guy is a wielder of the entire weapon triangle and that should be no different in this game.

I think so because look at Hyrule Warriors. Characters there got multiple weapon types.

Lana used magic and spears.

Impa used huge swords and naginatas, I believe.

Link used all kinds of shit, though that's really because he's Link lol

Zelda used rapier-like swords and some out-there stuff like the Wind Waker.

So really, there's no reason Frederick and other characters who have been known to use multiple weapon types won't get them here, imo. Chrom and Lucina will likely both have lances to go with their swords, Robin swords with his magic, and so on. I can even see Gaius with bows and daggers instead of Virion at this point, honestly.

The only thing I worry about is that this could make characters like Frederick who use more than two types have a big advantage gameplay-wise. If he can use all these weapons, he's good for any kind of fight. Just switch his weapon to the more favorable one rather than changing characters. Hopefully though, we'll see a good balance here.

I also wouldn't mind actually cutting swords from Freddy's arsenal and leaving him as an axe and lance dude too. Y'know...because too many swords... lol

Edited by Anacybele

Even though I hope that is the case, I'm not so sure about it. FE Warriors will have a bigger roster to work with than Hyrule Warriors. Not to mention that if they give more than one weapon type to each character, there's a chance of people becoming even more salty because "They could have added X character and given them this moveset instead of just giving 2 movesets to Y character". I think it's more likely that they'll make a moveset that could make use of all his weapons in a single moveset, like how Link uses an Axe in his Fire Rod moveset, Lana uses the Deku Leaf in the Deku Spear moveset, or Sheik uses different elements depending on their combo, though I'm not getting my hopes up. I suppose the Class Change system could work like what you described, but we'll have to wait and see until we get more information.

Edited by Luankachu

15 minutes ago, Luankachu said:

Even though I hope that is the case, I'm not so sure about it. FE Warriors will have a bigger roster to work with than Hyrule Warriors. Not to mention that if they give more than one weapon type to each character, there's a chance of people becoming even more salty because "They could have added X character and given them this moveset instead of just giving 2 movesets to Y character". I think it's more likely that they'll make a moveset that could make use of all his weapons in a single moveset, like how Link uses an Axe in his Fire Rod moveset, Lana uses the Deku Leaf in the Deku Spear moveset, or Sheik uses different elements depending on their combo, though I'm not getting my hopes up. I suppose the Class Change system could work like what you described, but we'll have to wait and see until we get more information.

People will be salty no matter what happens, seriously...

And yeah, I forgot about the class change system. All the more reason for Chrom and Lucina to get lances at that point.

Just now, Anacybele said:

People will be salty no matter what happens, seriously...

And yeah, I forgot about the class change system. All the more reason for Chrom and Lucina to get lances at that point.

I think that this is true for any fandom, yeah.

I think that there's also a chance of Lucina also being able to wield Bows to make her a bit more different from Chrom, since she can wield them in games from outside of the series (like Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. and Project X Zone 2).

Just now, Luankachu said:

I think that this is true for any fandom, yeah.

I think that there's also a chance of Lucina also being able to wield Bows to make her a bit more different from Chrom, since she can wield them in games from outside of the series (like Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. and Project X Zone 2).

Oh yeah, Lucina did get bows in those games, yeah. Good point, that's also a possibility for her.

I could see there being generic movesets for individual weapon types; characters who can wield multiple weapon types have their signature weapon with a unique moveset and the ability to use the generic moveset for other weapons.

41 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

I just want the Carrot Axe for Chrom and maybe the Carrot Lance for Xander. 

Now you make me wish there was joke weapons people can use in the game XD

well there might be if they decide to mimic the wii u version of hyrule warriors where they did 8-bit versions of weapons.

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

I just want the Carrot Axe for Chrom and maybe the Carrot Lance for Xander. 

Ryoma dual wielding Daikon Radishes would be great too. 

8 hours ago, Thany said:

Now you make me wish there was joke weapons people can use in the game XD

well there might be if they decide to mimic the wii u version of hyrule warriors where they did 8-bit versions of weapons.

They could always put branches and ladles in.

If we're talking joke weapons, one for Frederick could be a burnt wooden stick. 

And even though I have very little hope for this, I really want Benny to be in so he can have a Support with Frederick about bears. 

Frederick can just have pebbles, seeing that he seems to like them so much.

Robin could still potentially get his Levin Sword from Smash, maybe Chrom could get a weapon from TMS, who knows?

What about characters who have never been shown to wield another weapon like Marth? I personally can't see him use any weapon other than swords, but the prospect of Archer!Marth just makes me wiggle my toes in curiosity. Though, wasn't he rather poor at archery in the OVA? I need to watch that again...

I second that idea of the joke weapons. I'd love to see Lissa with a ladle. Can we bring back the weapons that make you strip out of your clothes? You know, the ones from Fates? That'd piss people off, which is always nice.

1 hour ago, Lautsuu said:

What about characters who have never been shown to wield another weapon like Marth? I personally can't see him use any weapon other than swords, but the prospect of Archer!Marth just makes me wiggle my toes in curiosity. Though, wasn't he rather poor at archery in the OVA? I need to watch that again...

No. He ICED that deer from the flashback. Sure he cried about it, but all ruthless conquerors get their start from somewhere.

Edited by Gustavos