Books.

Inactive Account

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should have limited it to the books themselves, and maybe bookmarks and plushies. It's not even really Rowling's fault they're doing all of that merchandising junk- it's the film company.

yeah i knew it wasn't her fault. damn movie companies...

They should have limited it to the books themselves, and maybe bookmarks and plushies. It's not even really Rowling's fault they're doing all of that merchandising junk- it's the film company.

didn't she allow Warner Bros. make the movie, and do anything else they could in order to promote it??????

that would make her partially responsible to what happened.

Ah, Harry Potter! The books are great! The movies are my problem. They're enjoyable, but totally messed up! They leave out too much.

Another good book, but a huge disappointment with the movie: Eragon. Not only did the movie leave out stuff, but they messed up the entire storyline almost. Plus, many things that got left out are things that are supposed to be what makes Eldest possible, but they left out everything that was important! Eldest might as well never be made, either that or they should redo Eragon. :angry:

... Well, now that I'm done with that, other books that I have been reading recently are mostly something that I started since I read one of them in English class, which was the Dragonriders of Pern series by Anne McCaffrey (and now, Todd McCaffrey). We had a project and chose one of the boods they provided. One was the book that started it all ( but wasn't the first book made of the series), Dragonsdawn.

One book I'm presently reading is Ventus by Karl Schroeder.

Ah, Harry Potter! The books are great! The movies are my problem. They're enjoyable, but totally messed up! They leave out too much.

Another good book, but a huge disappointment with the movie: Eragon. Not only did the movie leave out stuff, but they messed up the entire storyline almost. Plus, many things that got left out are things that are supposed to be what makes Eldest possible, but they left out everything that was important! Eldest might as well never be made, either that or they should redo Eragon. :angry:

Not so much on the Harry Potters, I think they did rather well. But Eragon, Jesus. They couldn't even get Arya's hair color right!

haha, eragon.... i think the names are the only things they got right in the movie... it was a good movie, but so much was left out and wrong

not that i want to be a hater, but i tend to hate movies based on books.

they hardly ever do a good job at them. if they don't remove important things from the plot, they make up the whole book (a very sad example of this is the harry potter series)

the thing is, the movies never have the same essence of the books, so i rather read the books.

they hardly ever do a good job at them. if they don't remove important things from the plot, they make up the whole book (a very sad example of this is the harry potter series)

The Harry Potter movies are NOT bad. Sometimes they have to remove or change things to keep it within the time limit, and some people don't have the time to read a full book.

i know, but for example, i didn't like the fact that hermione said a lot more things in the movies than in the books. sometimes she would take over lines from ron and other people

its like the director is over-glamorizing her.

not that i absolutely hated the harry potter movies though, but i think they could have done a better job, don't you think?

i know, but for example, i didn't like the fact that hermione said a lot more things in the movies than in the books. sometimes she would take over lines from ron and other people

its like the director is over-glamorizing her.

not that i absolutely hated the harry potter movies though, but i think they could have done a better job, don't you think?

They can always do better because no one is perfect. And unless you read the book immediately before watching the movie, you wouldn't notice those minor things. I read the books when they came out, so I didn't. The story comes across perfectly, and even though I did notice some changes, they were occasionally for the better.

And Hollywood ALWAYS over-glamorize's the main chick.

And Hollywood ALWAYS over-glamorize's the main chick.

so true..... but i kinda felt sad that ron lost some of his importance because hermione had his lines