Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

For some reason I get the feeling team Ike is holding off on flags... It definitely shouldn't be this close even taking into account the multiplier. With Leo and Gaius, Leo always bounced back way stronger than Ike is doing. Hope I'm right. I wouldn't really mind if Roy wins as I like him too unless it's due to the multiplier in the end.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Which is why I'm so annoyed about the multiplier. This match up should be the 2nd coming of Chrom VS Ephraim & yet everything feels so......empty. Like I knew once Lyn got the lead I knew her victory was all but assured.

Yeah, I feel that way too. I want Lyn's victory to be assured even though I am on team Lucina since I want it to be fair, however, with the multiplier thing, victory is not guaranteed for the ones who deserves it. It just seems dishonorable to win through multiplier.

I just had a very cool Navarre fight alongside me, with Fury, QP, and overkilling edge:

cExyzxX.png

Mine is still better because his sword is scarlet, and I’m eventually giving him L&D.

Edited by Vaximillian

4 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Wtf. Projections are now showing Roy getting the 7.5x and winning the 1st round. I really hope enough people on Team Ike will know enough to spend their flags to ensure the win.

In—arguably—lesser news, Chrom is also projected to win over Hector. Impending Saltpocalypse.

Meanwhile, winning against Lucina feels like such vindication after the first Gauntlet. I feel like I'm in Kirby's Adventure Wii, where during the final level, they just give you an Ultra Sword and let you chop each and every mid-boss in the game in one hit.

Granted, it's not exactly the same feeling, but it's close enough.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

In—arguably—lesser news, Chrom is also projected to win over Hector. Impending Saltpocalypse.

Hector has a large enough team size to easily take the win down the stretch. Something the projections don't take into account.

And in even lesser news, Tharja looks like she will be scoring the small upset over Camilla.

27 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Now that would be dumb. Chrom isn't even that popular among the Awakening fandom. 

2 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Now that would be dumb. Chrom isn't even that popular among the Awakening fandom. 

But he is? Not just CYL placing him fourth in males, but Awakening polls had him as most popular male.

And...wow, I guess Ike really will be screwed hard by the multiplier. This is sad...

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

I will never give up on Lucina! We can still turn this battle around. If we can get one multiplier late in the game, and score a huge lead, we've got this.

The only winning move right now is to not play. Riveting stuff. 

Multiplier shenanigans are great...at tearing the fandom apart.

If a character wins due to the multiplier, then yes, it'll feel hollow, but does that mean that the character doesn't deserve the victory? Of course not. Every character has their fans, and despite how other people feel towards them, every character deserves to win. I just wanted to say this because it's looking likely that the multiplier is gonna screw a lot of people over.

However, that doesn't mean I'll stop supporting Roy, oh no. Team Roy let's go! Let's put up a worthy fight!

Just now, Lemmy said:

Team Ike shouldn't have been using flags to being with.

If Ike loses, I'm going Hector.

I don't think many of them did though? Like, I've barely used any.

If Ike loses, I'm not continuing. I can't support anybody else here.

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But he is? Not just CYL placing him fourth in males, but Awakening polls had him as most popular male.

And...wow, I guess Ike really will be screwed hard by the multiplier. This is sad...

Ike is outscoring Roy by a 6 to 1 margin without the multiplier.  I was against it, since I don't like artificial handicaps in games.  If you can't beat someone without kneecapping them, you don't deserve to win.

2 hours ago, Lau said:

I want to say that it would be absolutely hilarious if Roy won, but then I think about the backlash it would cause...it would be unbearable.

At this point, I just want to watch it burn...if Lucina loses.

59 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Wtf. Projections are now showing Roy getting the 7.5x and winning the 1st round. I really hope enough people on Team Ike will know enough to spend their flags to ensure the win.

54 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I love it. The chaos. Give me more, more!

17 minutes ago, Thane said:

Strategy is not always interesting.

24 minutes ago, Thane said:

This, going by the projections, every single match is headed for an upset.  Can we get rid of the stacking multiplier already?

13 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

At this point, I just want to watch it burn...if Lucina loses.

I love it. The chaos. Give me more, more!

Strategy is not always interesting.

I do love a good saltfest, it makes my fish and chips taste a lot better.

But it's when people start bashing the winning characters that I get angry, like, multiplier or not, you shouldn't bash the character because, well, it's not their fault.

If Lucina loses, then at the very least, she lost to a worthy opponent. If she lost to someone like Tharja or Camilla, THAT would be insulting. But losing to Lyn, a powerful swordmistress that is an epic badass? Nah, that's a worthy defeat if anything. Same if the situation is reversed. Lyn and Lucina are both epic characters. Really, this Gauntlet is filled with terrific badass characters, though Roy might have some problems from what I heard, the only exceptions being Tharja and Camilla due to how they are treated by the fandom.

4 minutes ago, Lau said:

I do love a good saltfest, it makes my fish and chips taste a lot better.

But it's when people start bashing the winning characters that I get angry, like, multiplier or not, you shouldn't bash the character because, well, it's not their fault.

I don't hate any of the characters in this Gauntlet, in fact, I like/love most of them.  I hate the travesty of a mechanic that is the multiplier.