Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

7 hours ago, XRay said:

The United States have something similar called the Electoral College.

Mechanically, the multiplier system and the Electoral College have pretty much nothing in common.

7 hours ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

Wouldn't it be a waste of time without the multipliers anyway? Since you pretty much know who will win after the first hour... all the excitement would be done and resolved after the first hour, and then it just becomes a feather dispenser depending on how many half hour intervals you can log in for.

We already know who is the most popular from the CYL rankings anyway.

That's why I'd be interested to see a match where the results are kept secret until the end.  People would just go all-out, because they wouldn't know if they were ahead or behind until it was all over!  (Think Yoshi Valley from Mario Kart 64!  ...only, not quite so much getting lost...)

4 hours ago, Hawk King said:

Ike's numbers didn't take a dip. Lyn's did for whatever reason. Just after Camilla's 2nd last multiplier at 5x, the numbers showed Camilla getting her next at 6.3x and then barely not reaching one at 7.5x. Lyn's output went down so much that the multiplier for Camilla slid all the way to 7.3x which was far to late to overcome.

I can guarantee that the majority of Lyn supporters were left sitting on a fat stack of flags.

Probably some were, but I think you're projecting far too much on the majority of players.  Most of us probably just spend flags when we have them and play when we can.  It all comes down to how many people are available when.  It's not like there's a massive, coordinated effort.

4 hours ago, KatarinaCS1 said:

2,500 feathers and ended rank 22 for team Lyn.  I stayed up and caught every single multiplier she had for the first two rounds.

I debated which team to join for quite some time while at work and had time to cool off my disappointment.  i remembered that while I REALLY hoped Lyn would win this voting gauntlet, to not only represent Lyn as a character but also the GBA titles, this is still ultimately a competition of characters and not their respective games.

I like both Ike and Camilla, for different reasons.  Ultimately I went with Camilla, as she is one of my favorites from Fates and also a character I find very interesting in general.  Ike is a good and likable character for me in his own right, but doesn't come off as being as interesting and deep as Camilla.  Plus no flying dragon.

It'd be wrong for me to not pick Camilla for the last round out of spite for her beating Lyn, when what truly beat Lyn was the system and rules set in place.

Wow.  Just how bad must Paths of Radiance be, then?  O_o

2 hours ago, Lau said:

Camilla is doing pretty well so far, I really hope she wins.

Honestly, I don't give a damn if the winner is a 3DS character or what gender they are. If I like the character, I'll support them.

Excellently put.

2 hours ago, InigoPadalin said:

I have real friends there ;~; unfortunate but true

I fought against Ike because of this :

IMG_0237.thumb.PNG.7d5dc422210f7e96bdbd64416cf6387a.PNG

Absolutely sick.  If they want to mock a character, fine, but at least put some wit and effort into it!  (Also, stick to mocking the character, not the fans!)

2 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Saying Roy is dumb shows a very lacking understanding of his character, considering he's pretty much the smartest lord in the series aside from MAYBE Robin.

I tend to view Roy as dumb, but admittedly, that has absolutely nothing to do with his character in the games and everything to do with being involved in a message board topic called "Super Smash Bros. Bloopers", which was all about spoof and parody.  Very few of the characters were given personalities that in any way reflected their in-game personalities, which was also part of the overall joke.

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

Yeah people were doxxed.

Some people on my Twitter feed.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is "doxxed"?

55 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Leo v Gaius wasn't even close in terms of numbers.  Gaius had like 60% of what Leo had.  Just less people were affected, and lots of people don't care about unfair mechanics unless it affects them.  @Tybrosion and myself got a lot of flak for pointing out the flaws of the multiplier system, but many people either didn't care or claimed it made things "interesting".

Well, it certainly made things interesting.  Unfortunately, "interesting" does not automatically mean "good".

49 minutes ago, The_antithesis said:

I would like to send a message of encouragement out to both teams.

Dear team Ike:

Remember that you are supporting Ike, not the haters. Let's try to keep the match as clean as possible, or at least as clean as we can salvage.

Camilla used wise strategies to fell the great Lyndis, and earned her place in the final through skill and trickery. Truly, she is a worthy opponent.

However, we must ensure that she doesn't win. If she does, the hatred brewing within our team may spiral out of control. This will result in even more atrocities committed by the "friends" we fight for, and carve a permanent scar on our fanbase, never to be healed.

Dear team Camilla:

Congratulations on your triumph over the arrogants and bandwagonners plaguing the side of team Lyn. You have beaten the odds, and the system.

However, now you face an opponent much more grave. Ike has been possessed by bigotry, hated and salt. The lord of Greil has lost all honour, and now must be felled before his memory is tarnished by the arrogant masses.

Prove that the haters don't deserve to win, and that their actions will not solve anything. You have achieved the impossible before, now you need only do it once more.

I will see you on the battlefield, and may the gods protect you.

PS: I find it appropriate that Hoshido, as a country, was very bigoted and hateful, and that a lot of Birthright fans held unnecessary hatred for the "Nohrian scum!" Camilla has truly been fighting controversy this whole time!

Is this intentional irony?

43 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

Well rip Lyn, I'll be honest I thought she would win given she overtook Lucina in round 1 (I considered Lucina to be the biggest threat as Lucina is literally IS go to character nowadays) and I think with the multipliers Camilla shouldn't have won, as Lyn often was in the lead, but every night(at least night for me) Camilla overtook her by a few hundred million. Now I know there's people who genuinely like Camilla as a character or unit, and I respect that. But ultimately the reason I think Camilla beat Lyn is for two reasons, 1: Sex appeal, now if you knew nothing of these characters, I feel like most would go support her out of attractiveness, which alright fine I get that but it doesn't make a character totally appealing for me, and 2: There certainly must be a lot of Lucina fanboys, not saying that they're the majority but certainly a sizeable number, but I feel like with Lyn beating Lucina in the first round, all those Lucina supporters (combined with Tharja) went and supported Camilla, and there must have been some who genuinely supported Camilla out of those groups, but I do feel like at least some of those people supporting Camilla came from the losers and were basically saying #$%^ you Lyn for beating our precious Lucina, which I'll admit I've done on some voting gauntlets, because I didn't want that character to win, so I not all goody-goody here and I know it, but it's still annoying how salt affects people's choices, as if Camilla was more popular then Lyn, why didn't she win the CYL event?

Anyways after all that I'm moving on to team Ike because he is the one I like better of the two, though I do not support any hate Ike has given at all and find that unnacceptable, it's just a game guys why does the internet combined with raging people ruin everything.

I guess this really comes down to a matter of taste.  Personally, I've always found Camilla to be one of the least attractive female characters in the series, both in terms of personality (which requires knowledge of the games) and in terms of physique and style (which don't).  But everyone has different preferences, I suppose.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am using Innes so I hope he helps everyone who gets him, I keep getting brave Ike and regular Ike I wish Ike's team would put more blues as their leads.

Edited by EricaofRenais

3 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Forgive my ignorance, but what is "doxxed"?

Doxxed is revealing other people's personal information and data on the internet without permission.

2 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

I am using Innes so I hope helps everyone who gets him, I keep getting brave Ike and regular Ike I wish Ike's team would put more blues as their leads.

I have Reinhardt as my lead currently. If you want to add me, it's 8320657822.

It'll be a few hours before I can confirm. I could do with a colourless unit popping up instead of the multitude of reds.

I've got Camus in, have for most of the gauntlet since I kept getting reds. 

Im still finding the results quite funny to be honest. I really want Ike to win, but if Camilla wins I can't exactly say I will be upset about that.

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I have Reinhardt as my lead currently. If you want to add me, it's 8320657822.

It'll be a few hours before I can confirm. I could do with a colourless unit popping up instead of the multitude of reds.

I've been rather surprised with how few Alt-Lyns I've gotten throughout this Gauntlet (or any Brave characters, really).  I figured more people would want to show off their newest acquisitions.

1 minute ago, JJ48 said:

I've been rather surprised with how few Alt-Lyns I've gotten throughout this Gauntlet (or any Brave characters, really).  I figured more people would want to show off their newest acquisitions.

I've gotten a ton of them though. xP You're just unlucky. People definitely want to show off CYL Lyn.

Just now, JJ48 said:

Lyn showed up a lot for Roy for me, which was good. I also had a friend with Klein, and unfriended another person who put Roy as their lead. I've unfriended so many people, and added a fair few more, this gauntlet but it doesn't seem to be enough. I wish more people would put their leads as the new CYLs (except Roy for obvious reasons xD).

10 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

I tend to view Roy as dumb, but admittedly, that has absolutely nothing to do with his character in the games and everything to do with being involved in a message board topic called "Super Smash Bros. Bloopers", which was all about spoof and parody.  Very few of the characters were given personalities that in any way reflected their in-game personalities, which was also part of the overall joke.

Just so long as you understand that "dumb" is not an accurate description of his canon character at all, haha.

13 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Mechanically, the multiplier system and the Electoral College have pretty much nothing in common.

The point is that the system doe not reflect the popular vote.

7 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Lyn showed up a lot for Roy for me, which was good. I also had a friend with Klein, and unfriended another person who put Roy as their lead. I've unfriended so many people, and added a fair few more, this gauntlet but it doesn't seem to be enough. I wish more people would put their leads as the new CYLs (except Roy for obvious reasons xD).

I face so much Klein, he is the bane of my existance.

5 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I always just fight with Level 1s in whatever color I need so that it doesn't matter what people donate.  That way, it'd be a maximum of 20 fights to get all the flags, though it usually takes considerably less than that.

3 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Just so long as you understand that "dumb" is not an accurate description of his canon character at all, haha.

Oh, absolutely.  Just like I'm sure the writers of Robot Chicken don't actually think that Darth Vader cries whenever the Emperor brings up his mom (...or that the Emperor even does bring up Darth's mom all that often).

11 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

I've gotten CYLyn once or twice.  I think someone on my friend's list is running CYLucina, and I've gotten her a couple times.  I've gotten random CYL Ike a few times, which is far better than getting yet another regular Ike.  I haven't gotten CYL Roy at all.

2 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

I face so much Klein, he is the bane of my existance.

I just so happen to get a Hector+10 from my friend list whenever the game pulls a Klein against me.

Not that I’m complaining, mind you.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I just so happen to get a Hector+10 from my friend list whenever the game pulls a Klein against me.

Not that I’m complaining, mind you.

Pfffffffttttttt

5 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

I always just fight with Level 1s in whatever color I need so that it doesn't matter what people donate.  That way, it'd be a maximum of 20 fights to get all the flags, though it usually takes considerably less than that.

I give it a few battles before I try it, but once I have them all, I still want to switch over to Ike and still get the too many reds problem -.-

Edited by Cute Chao

I had to leave to finish my studies and have dinner, but holy shit that Roy bashing on the amino is gross. It's not like I've thought about getting it anyway, but with that I will definitely not. That's just outright character hate, like at least stick to something like Roy being the worst lord gameplay wise or something (speaking of which, can we get Leif in heroes so we can have a battle between him and Roy and decide who is actually in that last spot?). But Roy is adorable and a good kid. And attacking the fans instead of the character is just unforgivable.

Ugh, I really wish the Ike fanbase wouldn't be as bad as it is, and I say this as an Ike fangirl. 

2 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

I'm predicting that somehow, due to some fluke in the multiplier system, Merlinus will end up winning this entire Gauntlet, despite not even being in the game.

If he does, there will be no salt from me at the very least.

Maybe it will make people see how stupid it is to take these contests so seriously. More then likely though, there will just be an insane amount of salt from  both sides, and I'll be there on the sidelines enjoying every single moment of it.

I take back some of what I said last night. Ike v. Camilla is shaping up to be interesting after all since the team size ratio is pretty close to last month's Gaius v. Leo. Depending on the positioning of the multipliers, Camilla very well stands a chance to upset even Ike.

Still not as interesting as the promised Ike v. Lyn, though. So much hype washed down the drain.