Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Holy fucking shit! You had enough Lucinas to make her a +5?! Lucky!

I am indeed pretty lucky. I somehow got 3 Lucina when her very first banner was going on and then got 2 when she returned on the Prince vs Princess and the first TT banners. The other one I randomly got while pulling for Ryoma during Hero Fest.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Sproutling said:

Hm, I'm not overly attached to any of the characters in this gauntlet so I might go for Chrom just because I have one. Though I also have Tharja, and Tharja vs Camilla sounds way more interesting than Chrom vs Hector...

My only hope is that this fight is so epic that it allows fanart like the one with Chrom vs Ephraim. 

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

I am indeed pretty lucky. I somehow got 3 Lucina when her very first banner was going on and then got 2 when she returned on the Prince vs Princess and the first TT banners. The other one I randomly got while pulling for Ryoma during Hero Fest.

*starts sobbing* I hate you so much now. I had to spend like $40 just to get the ONE Lucina. ;-;

Though I am proud of the Lucina I do have. She totally kills it with having the Distant Counter I gave her. Made sacrificing the extra Hector I had worth it. I think the only unit that I'll be able to max out the combinations will be Robin, since I got a lot of him on me. 

Now I have to make a decision. Use my orbs to get Lucina's new one, or the old one. I decided that I'll get Lyn for the Choose Your Legends. Having the first Bow Knight is what I wanna go for first. Plus, colorless orbs tend to always get me a bunch of healers that I never want. 

None of these characters are remotely appealing at all.

Roy is Marth... I think its 3.0? Lucina is well... LUCINA! Camilla is fanservice (with some real wasted potential I guess). Lyn is Tutorial the Girl. Tharja is a mother who should lose custody of her daughter, and then be slapped with a restraining order- on top of being demagicized if such a thing is possible. Ike is Sigurd 3.0 (or is it Alm 4.0?). Chrom is a Sigurd-Marth hybrid.

At the end of it all, there is only one character of any redeeming value- Sigurd 2.0 (or Alm 3.0)- Hector. But I'll sit on the sidelines rather than raise a futile axe for him.

12 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

her mysterious disappearance between Blazing Sword and Binding Blade, etc.

There is nothing mysterious about it. Lyn never existed in BB just as Hector was never badass there either. She was invented simply to introduce the international community to Fire Emblem, and having a nice lady as the tutorial bot is better than having a male. As for her being the "ultimate myrmidon", well in FE7 she's more a castrated nomad trooper since she has no horse, and no critical bonus like actual swordmasters. Sol Katti was trash too, but hey at least she had pretty attack animations, Manicotti, and didn't have to be fielded the majority of the time.

10 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

At least she isn't Leon, who has the indignity of being the character in Heroes with the lowest CYL rank (#728). He's also the only character in Heroes who ranked below 700th in CYL, the poor sap.

That was Gaiden Leon- SoV hadn't released yet. SoV turned characters thinner than graphene (a one-atom thick layer of carbon atoms) into actual human beings. Now if only SD had done the same with Archanea.

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Pissing on each other is an integral part of the Voting Gauntlet ritual.

Though, until piss starts shooting out of people's computers and phones from the other side of the tubes, I do wish people would take things a bit more lightly.

I already upgraded my devices with that functionality. To protect myself, I always wear a haz-mat suit and have covered all my electronics in a layer of plastic, plus I only use them in spaces where nothing of value will get soaked.

8 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

Play Heroes outside? But the glare from the sun will block my screen!

Download the Boktai Heroes Solar Sensor App, and you'll generate Feathers while playing Heroes outside in the Sun. The brighter the sunlight, the more Feathers you'll earn, why you'll even generate Orbs at large intervals. *Nintendo, Intelligent Systems and DeNA deny all responsibility for any harm you should endure due to looking at the Sun, or due to radiation damage caused by Sun overexposure, blacklights or any other source of UV rays*

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Hector is Roy's canon mom.  Hector and Eliwood have the fastest support in FE7.

So RoyxLilina is incest? Even so, I'd rather breed a Roy with Hector's nuclear Str and Def than Ninian's incredible Spd and Res. And Roy would look better with Hector blue than Ninian light blue (imagine how awful that would be).

1 hour ago, Troykv said:

Hmm, you're a right.

I have a full SI'd Sophia (Rauðrraven+/Reposition/Dragon Fang/TA3/QR1/Fortify Res; I can give her also Axe Breaker and Sword Breaker if you need it). I also have: 

Camus with Gradivus/Reposition/Bonfire/Fury3/Vantage/Goad Cavalry

Reinhardt with DB2, Reposition and Moonbow

Nino with Moonbow/Fury3/Desperation3/Hone Atk

I'm going to be running my Roy in the Gauntlet fights (because points), so I'd be best off with Nino of these.

Is Leo alright then?

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

My only hope is that this fight is so epic that it allows fanart like the one with Chrom vs Ephraim. 

*starts sobbing* I hate you so much now. I had to spend like $40 just to get the ONE Lucina. ;-;

Though I am proud of the Lucina I do have. She totally kills it with having the Distant Counter I gave her. Made sacrificing the extra Hector I had worth it. I think the only unit that I'll be able to max out the combinations will be Robin, since I got a lot of him on me. 

Now I have to make a decision. Use my orbs to get Lucina's new one, or the old one. I decided that I'll get Lyn for the Choose Your Legends. Having the first Bow Knight is what I wanna go for first. Plus, colorless orbs tend to always get me a bunch of healers that I never want. 

You don't want to know how much I spent to get 1 copy of certain units. The gacha screwed me over so much in the last few banners that I gave up on whaling.

Lucina is my 5* unit with the most merge level beside Nino, who I recently merged to +5. 

I was tempted to pull for more regular Lucina, but my orbs supply is limited and there's 2 other red unit on her banner, lowering the chance of actually getting her. And I really want the CYL units so I'm keeping my orbs for that.

You don't want to know how much I spent to get 1 copy of certain units. The gacha screwed me over so much in the last few banners that I gave up on whaling.

Lucina is my 5* unit with the most merge level beside Nino, who I recently merged to +5. 

I was tempted to pull for more regular Lucina, but my orbs supply is limited and there's 2 other red unit on her banner, lowering the chance of actually getting her. And I really want the CYL units so I'm keeping my orbs for that.

You don't want to know how much I tried and FAILED to spend orbs to get Julia and Linde, the former especially! Failed it in the Gauntlet and failed it again last time. 

Nice. I think the other unit I have with a high merge level is Ike. I've gotten quite a few of him by chance. Question, if I give an Ike+4 to a new Ike with better boon/bane than the one with +4, would the stat boosts of all the Ikes go into that, or would it be counted as one boost? The result would be an Ike+5 after all. Just asking to be sure. 

And yeah, everyone in the choose your legends seem really good. I really want Lucina and Ike. Ike having Urvan that lowers the damage of the secondary attack on him is an amazing thing. 

The sad thing is, my free Pull was a Lucina, but I'm not a fan of Lucina. I would be much more delighted with Lyn or Tharja...But Heroes says, oh you do not want to draw a Lucina? Guess what, here is Lucina!

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

You don't want to know how much I tried and FAILED to spend orbs to get Julia and Linde, the former especially! Failed it in the Gauntlet and failed it again last time. 

Nice. I think the other unit I have with a high merge level is Ike. I've gotten quite a few of him by chance. Question, if I give an Ike+4 to a new Ike with better boon/bane than the one with +4, would the stat boosts of all the Ikes go into that, or would it be counted as one boost? The result would be an Ike+5 after all. Just asking to be sure. 

And yeah, everyone in the choose your legends seem really good. I really want Lucina and Ike. Ike having Urvan that lowers the damage of the secondary attack on him is an amazing thing. 

I spent 250 orbs to get a single Summer Corrin and with those orbs, the only 5* I got beside her were a +Def/-Atk Titania and a +Res/-Atk Summer Xander.

Assuming you mean another Ragnell Ike by 'new Ike' then yes. The newest Ike would become +5 and will have all the skills learned by the previous Ike learned and will have the same non-learned skills, including the inherited one. 

I want all of them because they're all amazing, though Ike and Lyn seems especially strong.

I spent 250 orbs to get a single Summer Corrin and with those orbs, the only 5* I got beside her were a +Def/-Atk Titania and a +Res/-Atk Summer Xander.

Assuming you mean another Ragnell Ike by 'new Ike' then yes. The newest Ike would become +5 and will have all the skills learned by the previous Ike learned and will have the same non-learned skills, including the inherited one. 

I want all of them because they're all amazing, though Ike and Lyn seems especially strong.

Ouch, our poor wallets. 

Yes, the Ragnell one. And I didn't mean skills. Stat boosts I mean. Would any increase in stats be transferred over to the new Ike that becomes +5?

Mhm. Lucina too, as she showed to give high damage. Ike seems to serve as a tank heavy hitter. Lyn being able to prevent counterattacks is splendid.

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There is nothing mysterious about it. Lyn never existed in BB just as Hector was never badass there either. She was invented simply to introduce the international community to Fire Emblem, and having a nice lady as the tutorial bot is better than having a male. As for her being the "ultimate myrmidon", well in FE7 she's more a castrated nomad trooper since she has no horse, and no critical bonus like actual swordmasters. Sol Katti was trash too, but hey at least she had pretty attack animations, Manicotti, and didn't have to be fielded the majority of the time.

First of all Hector isn't Sigurd 3.0 and definitely not any derivate of Alm. If anything he is Lex 2.0 and that's already pretty cool.

Second He was very badass in BB. It took two enemy generals   to take him down, even Zephiel complimented how great feat that was.

Third Lyn is better with Reinfleche, but I digress.

32 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I'm going to be running my Roy in the Gauntlet fights (because points), so I'd be best off with Nino of these.

Is Leo alright then?

I think the best option to support my own Roy would be Cecilia.

35 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Sad times man. Lucina was my very first red pull at the start on day one then she starting showing up randomly enabling me to get a +4 merge.

2 minutes ago, Stroud said:

The sad thing is, my free Pull was a Lucina, but I'm not a fan of Lucina. I would be much more delighted with Lyn or Tharja...But Heroes says, oh you do not want to draw a Lucina? Guess what, here is Lucina!

I wanted Delthea, the game gave me 2 Mathilda. I wanted Bridelia, the game gave me 2 Bride Lyn. I swear Heroes gacha is actually MH's desire sensor in disguise.

11 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Ouch, our poor wallets. 

Yes, the Ragnell one. And I didn't mean skills. Stat boosts I mean. Would any increase in stats be transferred over to the new Ike that becomes +5?

Mhm. Lucina too, as she showed to give high damage. Ike seems to serve as a tank heavy hitter. Lyn being able to prevent counterattacks is splendid.

Our poor wallets indeed...

And yes they would. Your newest Ike would be +5 and have +2 to all of his stats as expected of a +5.

Just now, Troykv said:

I think the best option to support my own Roy would be Cecilia.

Got it.  I'll switch over to her when the gauntlet starts.  I can put Summer Elise as well as an alternate green, though her nature isn't as great as Cecilia's.

43 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So Ike's first opponent is Roy. He should definitely win that. I would hope he does, anyway. Roy is so meh.

1. Which male opponent would not be an easy win for Ike?

2. Roy came in second in the poll and is pretty popular. He's probably the biggest threat to Ike on the male side this gauntlet.

8 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

2. Roy came in second in the poll and is pretty popular. He's probably the biggest threat to Ike on the male side this gauntlet.

1. Good point, I guess. lol

2. I would say Chrom is, actually, because 3DS character. I think the reason Chrom lost to Ephraim originally was because more people had Ephraim at the time (Chrom was never on a banner yet while Ephraim was), Lucina was also in this and took support away from Chrom, and some people didn't want the finals to be Awakening vs Awakening.

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Adding FE9 and FE10 Ike's CYL votes together, there is a massive gap between him and Roy.  

I hope Roy wins anyway because of some multiplier shenanigan, because screw Ike, but still, it's unlikely.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

12 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Give her time to grow.

[insert joke about time travel shenanigans here]

I do have a +1 5* Chrom to show for myself though.

3 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Roy also has to deal with both Lyn and Hector leeching support away from him while Ike has no such impediment. I'm not saying Roy isn't any kind of threat to Ike but I think you're giving him a bit too much credit.

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Adding FE9 and FE10 Ike's CYL votes together, there is a massive gap between him and Roy.

Oh yeah, all of RD Ike's supporters will likely go to Team Ike too. And Ike's combined votes put him way ahead of even Lyn. 55,000 to Lyn's 43,000 or something like that.

Edited by Anacybele