Do you love your country?

Doom103

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then what has it become?

When the poor pay more taxes then the rich, When a retarded monkey can be elected twice, When our politics and policies are ruled by a cloaked racism against everyone who isn't a Christian, When the news of our nation could be covering Iraq and Darfur instead air Panty shots of Brit and Paris.

When our nation is just so fucking retarded....that...everyone is screwed....[/liberal emo]

What? @bold text

I prefer Bush over Gore and Kerry

about the taxes, its just the party that is in power

the news thing is true, but that is no reason to say we have become crap

I love myself ;)

I don't really love my country since it never really did anything for me :mellow:

"Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country"

Of course I do. Nothing makes you love it more than visiting another country.

True that

I love what it was founded on, I hate what it has become.

bingo

And what has it become?
Founded on freedom, equality and democracy.

Has become a half-assed, racist bitch that favors the rich and shits on the poor.

note sure about the half-assed, but the racist and favors the rich and shits on the poor... I can understand that one

as for the question, yes i do, but not in its current status

To be honest this was pointless to make as we all know Doom isn't going to go past his patriotism, so why bother arguing with him on it?

This topic really has flame war potential...

Has it :blink:

Members need to lighten up a bit ;)

To be honest this was pointless to make as we all know Doom isn't going to go past his patriotism, so why bother arguing with him on it?

This topic really has flame war potential...

I wouldn't say it was pointless, but I don't think were trying to change Doom's mind

Am I not allowed to love this country

I didn't say that.

I said it was pointless for Toa Lord Sothe to argue with you on the matter as your patriotism will always lead you to disagree.

Personally I don't like this country too much, and I do not believe we are the, "greatest country on Earth," as that is a very self centered point of view, and the world doesn't revolve around the United States. Not to mention if THIS is the best there is, I am certainly not impressed.

I'm not obsessed with America, but I still like it. At least our gas prices are lowering! ($2.34 in my area!) I'm not sure about the whole failing economy business, but it doesn't seem to be hurting me much.

I didn't say that.

I said it was pointless for Toa Lord Sothe to argue with you on the matter as your patriotism will always lead you to disagree.

Personally I don't like this country too much, and I do not believe we are the, "greatest country on Earth," as that is a very self centered point of view, and the world doesn't revolve around the United States. Not to mention if THIS is the best there is, I am certainly not impressed.

America does have the most economic power over other contries, just saying.

Our economy going down is hitting other countries too.

I like where I live (America), but I hold no love for the country. My heart reaches to The Land of The Rising Sun. I was at my happiest there, and I enjoy/share many of their ideals.

Frankly, something about the whole world doesn't sit well with me. I don't love it.

As for the economy, US markets aren't getting hit as hard as other countries. Last check I made, the hardest hit economies were European and Canadian. China and Japan, on the other hand, while having economy issues, are making up ground they lost in the past five years in comparison to the other economies.

I didn't say that.

-_- you can be awfully negative