Favorite "bad" unit

sandmanccl

Let's not start a flame war in here, okay? And I don't want anyone pointing fingers, either.

Another "bad" unit I like is Alec from Fire Emblem 4. Yeah, he may not be a great Social Knight, but he does has his great points about him.

Evyal of FE5. Some may consider her a Jeigan, but I find her to be useful.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet another example of a character who isn't bad.

Pick actually bad characters, please :(

Well, what's bad for us is not always bad for you. Like for me, Makalov is bad, but I still dont use him

Let's not start a flame war in here, okay? And I don't want anyone pointing fingers, either.

*points finger... in a random direction*

I find "an outrageous dick" to be a lot worse than what SS said. Are you implying that sandman wasn't flaming?

Instead of joining in the topic, he had to go out of his way to mock my picks. Not anyone else, mind you; just mine.

I'll be honest. Half the reason I made the thread was to see if you guys could turn off the need to be right all the time and just be human with the rest of the people here for even a single post. I'll give you credit, Tino, because you passed.

Social experiments are fun.

Trying to test me, huh? I suppose I can live with that... once :lol:

Well, what's bad for us is not always bad for you. Like for me, Makalov is bad, but I still dont use him

What I was trying to say is that the mentioned characters have a bigger probability of being good than being bad.

And Makalov is a sexy beast. That's a good enough reason to use him B)

Do people really think Makalov is bad? He was my star player in FE9 and is one of the best horsemen in FE10. His growths are made out of win and his base stats are totally baller. He's underleveled in FE9, sure, but it's hard to argue with 10 speed and defense on a level 10 cavalier that also has 50% and 45% gains in each area respectively.

I like knoll, ewan, rath, dart, karel, lucius and canas (yes lucius and canas are alright but I LIKE THEM)

also sandmac, the way I see it in this topic saying they are the worst characters is actually a complement he's saying "you have the guts to use such bad characters and be the first one to post it.

Instead of joining in the topic, he had to go out of his way to mock my picks. Not anyone else, mind you; just mine.

I'll be honest. Half the reason I made the thread was to see if you guys could turn off the need to be right all the time and just be human with the rest of the people here for even a single post. I'll give you credit, Tino, because you passed.

Social experiments are fun.

If you noticed, then I put characters I use regularly that are worse than your's. Most had only fairly mediocre or even good characters stated.

Edited by Swordsalmon

Trying to test me, huh? I suppose I can live with that... once :lol:

What I was trying to say is that the mentioned characters have a bigger probability of being good than being bad.

And Makalov is a sexy beast. That's a good enough reason to use him B)

uh huh... ok then... *walks away slowly*

Nino. She has green hair.

Always a good reason!

Do people really think Makalov is bad? He was my star player in FE9 and is one of the best horsemen in FE10. His growths are made out of win and his base stats are totally baller. He's underleveled in FE9, sure, but it's hard to argue with 10 speed and defense on a level 10 cavalier that also has 50% and 45% gains in each area respectively.

I guess I got RNG screwed...

I also usually read "Rolf" as "rofl", but I also do so the other way around <_<

Anyway, another recommendation. FE9 Tauroneo, Geoffrey and Largo. I don't get why so many people think they suck :(

I definately don't see why people say Largo sucks. You actually get a pretty decent amount of maps to make use of him, and he's made out of pure manliness. I can see arguments against Tauroneo, but he's hardly BAD even with just his base stats. Geoffrey is actually pretty good. I think the only guy with better defense than him on average is Makalov, which is weird for a guy with such a late join time at such a high level.

I definately don't see why people say Largo sucks.
It's because he has 10 def, 3 res, and poor avoid. And his base offense is nothing special. And he only has 5 chapters of use. Edited by Reikken

Fire Emblem is made of PE... I find "best" and "worst" units pointless. Even those likely to be the best can easily be screwed all to hell.

This is a winning post.

And I thank you the 3 of you for (eventually) just dropping it.

FE1: Jeigan <333 spikes

FE4: Arden.

FE5: none

FE6: Niime, she was quite the hotty as a young'un according to her support with Hugh. As well as a gold digger.

FE7: Renault, Falcon Punch against Bartre anyone?

FE8: No one was bad in FE8 LULZ.

FE9: Bastian

FE10: Bastian

Fire Emblem is made of PE... I find "best" and "worst" units pointless. Even those likely to be the best can easily be screwed all to hell.

... And this folks is why we use something called stat averages... So what if it's personal experience every time? It's most likely going to somewhat resemble the averages most of the time :/

Edited by Rei

FE9: Bastian

FE10: Bastian

Three cheers to this gentleman!

... And this folks is why we use something called stat averages... So what if it's personal experience every time? It's most likely going to somewhat resemble the averages most of the time :/

Unless you're CVG, whose Nolan gets screwed every single time.

FE10 is different though. BEXP really screws things up, as well as the fact that you always have to get at least 1 stat up per level. So averages in that game are nearly impossible.

Edited by Rei

Bastian is actually pretty good in FE9, as well. He's one of the rare sages you can actually call durable because on average, his HP and DEF are already higher than the other sages can get even at 20/20. He's also fairly handy with a knife for when you attack other sages, and his highish resistance means he'll barely take damage.

In fact, despite his lower magic scores and speed than other sages, he still serves pretty well in combat because of how broken RES is in the game. It's like you either negate all magic damage or take a huge hit.