Lyn Confirmed

The DanMan

1 minute ago, Tolvir said:

Starting to wonder if the roster is higher than 25, like people thought due to the cards. I really wouldnt be surprised at this point, but dont want to get my hopes up.

Koei might need to do some talking and a few reveals before TGS, theres lots of explaining needing to be done.

I think Koei is going to have to, FE fans are mad and they need to do some PR clean up and fast.  I won't hold out hope on any of my favorites being in until I see gameplay footage of them, and who know how big the roster will be since they refuse to tell us.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Lord-Zero said:

It'll probably be more than 25 but less than 30. They did mention armor knights so there's the possibility for Draug and yes, the have some explaining to do. 

As I said before, there was a quote from them talking about how they were really pressured for time on the game due to how large the roster was. Not going to set my hopes too high on roster number, but this is definitely reassuring.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

My apologies, but you can at least understand why I'm upset, right? That a character I dislike was picked over someone I like a lot more and that I felt was just as deserving of being in the base roster?

I'll make this clear: It's not Lyn's inclusion alone that makes me pissed here. I'm pissed she was included and that Ike was not when I believe both should be in the base game or else both should be DLC.

I mean, I don't really like listening to the "this guy deserves to be in over this guy" argument in a multi-character crossover game. Whenever I hear it, I always think it's just their gut reaction intensifying their bias, and I know how much you love Ike and despise Lyn normally before this happened.

That being said, if the Navarre stuff is true, there's some hope for Ike, at least.

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

I mean, I don't really like listening to the "this guy deserves to be in over this guy" argument in a multi-character crossover game. Whenever I hear it, I always think it's just their gut reaction intensifying their bias, and I know how much you love Ike and despise Lyn normally before this happened.

That being said, if the Navarre stuff is true, there's some hope for Ike, at least.

I didn't say Ike deserved to be in over Lyn, I said he deserved to be in the base game just as much as Lyn.

That actually lowers Ike's chances, imo. Because of the too many swords thing.

I didn't say Ike deserved to be in over Lyn, I said he deserved to be in the base game just as much as Lyn.

That actually lowers Ike's chances, imo. Because of the too many swords thing.

Navarre is also in... but I still feel like Ike has a shot of being in, since again, he is THE most popular Fire Emblem character as of now, with the last Gauntlet proving such. 

Okay, fair, but that's honestly part of the reason for my disappointment. It's also odd not to have Ike or Roy in an actual FE crossover such as this, yet we have them in Smash. It's just weird and a big slap in the face to the fans of those characters. And Roy is someone I don't like much either. Yet I'm defending him here.

You're going to tell me you wouldn't mind if it was Roy got confirm instead? I find that hard to believe

If it was Ike, would people complain because he's another sword user despite being the most popular Male Lords by far. But hey his fanbase would accept.

3 minutes ago, Thany said:

isnt there still a 3 day event where they will give nothing but warriors information?

Its possible to learn the final roster of characters during that time mabey...

Regardless im not sure how to feel about people hating an entirety of a game on one character introduction... (tingle didnt manage to ruin hyrule warriors so i was hoping Lyn wasnt going to do that ether)

The fact I'm hearing that Tingle was more accepted into his Warriors roster & Lyn the one causing controversy is beyond asinine. I swear to God this fanbase is just getting ridiculous

1 minute ago, Thany said:

while thats true, Tingle was in the base game of legends. and that version of the game wasnt even hated.

No one complained because no one has the new 3ds.

Personally, it makes me angry because I expected them to go all out with characters from SD, Awakening and Fates in the base roster, and wanted the dlc to be from those games too (though that was more unlikely) because if there is a sequel we'll have more characters from Elive/Tellius/MagveL/Valentia, but I doubt there would be more from SD, Awakening or fates, so the last hope for lots of popular characters gets chafted.

Navarre is probably the only thing that keeps me from being super salty right now.

35 minutes ago, Iridium said:

because 1-2 emergency characters likely forced in at the last second specifically to address these criticisms (and probably at the cost of the few characters they were expecting to get anyway), simultaneously compromising literally every single defense the game's roster could possibly have had, should be enough to address the game's serious roster issues

i don't think so chief

Alright that's a fair point. But at the same time we don't know of what characters they were considering and ones they dropped. Just keep in mind that they're just trying to make a good game, get good sales, and not get too much heat from the fans. Which I think they've at least tried doing (I said tried, didn't say how much)

Honestly do I think the newer games (Fates) have too much representation? Yes indeed, I would not have included all the royals in (which I know would make people mad) and instead try to keep the roster fresh with characters from all games (yes I would even put in characters I don't know because I know their importance to the franchise) Heck, beyond lords I still am hoping by some miracle Midia and Astram get shown in the game along with more Shadow Dragon representation and maybe Nephenee in through PoR/RD DLC.

Point is, we're not the ones making this game, Koei/Intelligent Systems are, and they are the ultimate deciding factor on the game. Heck they could just cancel it right now and end all of our hopes of a Fire Emblem Warriors game. And though I do speculate a lot on this game, in the end I know I'll buy it, as it supports my favorite series and will be a fun experience, characters presence (or lack of) doesn't make or break a game for me, what matters is the appeal of it and how fun it is. And right now Koei/IS are trying to make safe assumptions about what games to rep, the new ones sold the most and have probably the biggest following, yet the older games are still considered better by many older fans who are already giving IS major heat about anything these days, so finding a balance between the two factions (along with money and their reputation) is a major challenge for IS, one that's almost destined to fail, but they're trying, maybe more lopsided then I would like, but they're trying to appeal to the entire fanbase, the one that probably doesn't deserve this game with how much crap it throws at IS every day, and I commend them for attempting this. No targeting on anyone here but it seems like this community will forever be divided, even with games like heroes, echoes, and warriors trying to bridge the gap. What ever happened to enjoying games and being genuinely excited about them I'll never know, but I do know that this community will never stop being absolutely terrible to it's own members and the developers of the games it plays.

33 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

Navarre? 

...How much are you guys willing to bet that Navarre and Lyn will have similar movesets like Leo/Elise, Takumi/Sakura, and Cordelia/Hinoka.

To be completely fair, it'd be MUCH more fitting if he was similar to Lyn, than Ryoma, considering how Navarre canonically has 2 blades. Lyn here, is also shown with two blades; one of them being smaller than the other.

In this respect, I can accept Lyn being put into the game a bit better, knowing that it's what may be allowing Navarre, my first favorite character in the series, to be in the game

7 minutes ago, Pizzaface said:

It was already confirmed that the roster will be bigger than 25 characters, since they said FEW will have the biggest roster out of all Warriors games, and Hyrule Warriors had something around that number. 25 might just be the starting roster, or maybe it's just the story relevant characters that are on the box, and getting those cards

Nope. F!Robin and M!Corrin has already shot that argument to pieces before it was even a thing, and Lyn (and Celica) is likely not showing up in the story.

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

You're going to tell me you wouldn't mind if it was Roy got confirm instead? I find that hard to believe

If it was Ike, would people complain because he's another sword user despite being the most popular Male Lords by far. But hey his fanbase would accept.

I wouldn't have been as happy as I would have with Ike, but I wouldn't have been as mad as I am about Lyn. Roy at least has an Amiibo and a 3DS sprite. And a cool sword. xP

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Navarre is also in... but I still feel like Ike has a shot of being in, since again, he is THE most popular Fire Emblem character as of now, with the last Gauntlet proving such. 

Eh, that gauntlet was pretty skewed by multipliers and stuff. I wouldn't use it as evidence. The Famitsu and even CYL polls are more credible, imo.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

My apologies, but you can at least understand why I'm upset, right? That a character I dislike was picked over someone I like a lot more and that I felt was just as deserving of being in the base roster?

I'll make this clear: It's not Lyn's inclusion alone that makes me pissed here. I'm pissed she was included and that Ike was not when I believe both should be in the base game or else both should be DLC.

Ana, you're going to have to learn this sooner or later:

That is an absolute description of not handling your feelings of disappointment in a healthy way and being petty and selfish.

I have not once, seem you happy for anyone else in this forum unless it also involves your own preferences.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Eh, that gauntlet was pretty skewed by multipliers and stuff. I wouldn't use it as evidence. The Famitsu and even CYL polls are more credible, imo.

Eh, but still, there are said to be about 40 characters intended to be in. Lyn being confirmed doesn't necessarily deconfirm Ike or remove his chances. How many characters do we have confirmed? At best half I would assume.

Just now, shadowofchaos said:

Ana, you're going to have to learn this sooner or later:

That is an absolute description of not handling your feelings of disappointment in a healthy way and being petty and selfish.

I have not once, seem you happy for anyone else in this forum unless it also involves your own preferences.

Um, okay, though I don't agree with you here.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Eh, but still, there are said to be about 40 characters intended to be in. Lyn being confirmed doesn't necessarily deconfirm Ike or remove his chances. How many characters do we have confirmed? At best half I would assume.

40? Where'd you get that? I thought it was more like 30.

4 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

Point is, we're not the ones making this game, Koei/Intelligent Systems are, and they are the ultimate deciding factor on the game. Heck they could just cancel it right now and end all of our hopes of a Fire Emblem Warriors game. And though I do speculate a lot on this game, in the end I know I'll buy it, as it supports my favorite series and will be a fun experience, characters presence (or lack of) doesn't make or break a game for me, what matters is the appeal of it and how fun it is. And right now Koei/IS are trying to make safe assumptions about what games to rep, the new ones sold the most and have probably the biggest following, yet the older games are still considered better by many older fans who are already giving IS major heat about anything these days, so finding a balance between the two factions (along with money and their reputation) is a major challenge for IS, one that's almost destined to fail, but they're trying, maybe more lopsided then I would like, but they're trying to appeal to the entire fanbase, the one that probably doesn't deserve this game with how much crap it throws at IS every day, and I commend them for attempting this. No targeting on anyone here but it seems like this community will forever be divided, even with games like heroes, echoes, and warriors trying to bridge the gap. What ever happened to enjoying games and being genuinely excited about them I'll never know, but I do know that this community will never stop being absolutely terrible to it's own members and the developers of the games it plays.

I mean why shouldn't they cancel it? Look how everyone reacting. You could have Hector & Ike in the game & people will still bitch how Lief & Sigurd aren't in the game. Honestly it's pretty damn pathetic considering this game at the end of the day is just a friggin spin off game & this how everyone reacts to such a minor game. I should have known it would've been like this after Echoes & Fates reception but for fuck's sake people are just more interested in their camp instead actually trying get along with their own acquaintance.

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I can definitely say that someone on YouTube I know is probably screaming like a fangirl right now at seeing Lyn confirmed. I should make him a new Lyn art.

... Maybe.

You talking about Zerkmaster?

Just now, Anacybele said:

40? Where'd you get that? I thought it was more like 30.

I heard 40. Either way, Lyn actually existing gives MORE hope that Ike can be in. She's not one of the three game series that are supposed to be confirmed. So that actually improves Ike's chances. Likely this is due to the overwhelmingly popularity. So alongside the most popular girl, there should be the most popular boy.

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

I heard 40. Either way, Lyn actually existing gives MORE hope that Ike can be in. She's not one of the three game series that are supposed to be confirmed. So that actually improves Ike's chances. Likely this is due to the overwhelmingly popularity. So alongside the most popular girl, there should be the most popular boy.

I disagree. Ike's chances are low now because of the leak and the number of swords in this.

7 minutes ago, Motendra said:

In this respect, I can accept Lyn being put into the game a bit better, knowing that it's what may be allowing Navarre, my first favorite character in the series, to be in the game

I think that it would be the other way around, Navarre is a popular character from SD, and was going to be in from the begining, seeing Lyn popularity/cries from west fans they took his moveset and made hers. Everything speculations obviuosly.

10 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Ike certainly might be THE most popular fire emblem character, but  unfortunately Gauntlet didn't  get opportunity prove or disprove  it.

I will not argue he deserve be in, but I am also sure IS will not ignore his popularity (if they want to make money, that is),  even if they if they decide to DEW being place for that.