Ideas for Grand Hero Battles

Rapier

Self-explanatory title.

Julius & Ishtar GHB: Imitating that part on the penultimate chapter of FE4, toned down to FEH's map size and without that many trees on the way. I can imagine Ishtar with Wrath and Vantage, as well as Mjolnir being a 11 Mt tome which speeds up the special trigger by 1 turn.

Alvis GHB: Based on the Battle of Belhala, with enemy units surrounding the main team, which is on the center on the map, with a few pillars and fort tiles on the way so they're not fully exposed.

Black Knight GHB: I know it was teased already. What I imagine is something akin to his map in Radiant Dawn, where an unit of your choice is locked with the BK inside a small barrier on the uppermost part of the map, while enemies spawn indefinitely at the lower part of the map and your team needs to survive long enough (I'd turn exp gain off after turn 6 for this mission, though, or make it timed so people don't abuse this).

Ashnard GHB: Self-explanatory. It'd make the GHB flier team complete as well with a red sword flier. His map would be based on its FE9 counterpart, but built around the small square plaza from the original map, with a generic Paladin with higher stats than normal referencing the Camus-archetype soldier that stood for Ashnard.

Linus & Loyd GHB: Based around the last of the siblings who remains alive in FE7's map.

Caellach GHB: Based on the upper part of FE8's desert map where he appears as a boss.

Johan & Johalva GHB: They're not that recognized by the fans, but I think a map where your team is being assaulted by two small armies from all sides is a fun concept.

Edited by Rapier

Just add Lyon, with a new type of enemies: monsters!

random generic new mob of monsters, with unique skills for them (enemy only of course), also introducing the new "light magic" or a "new skill"  that does effective damage agains these enemies? And they appear at random along with normal enemies?

Maybe... Just maybe??

Walhart's could be more about using chokepoints (defense tiles in this case) to defend against his minions and waves of reinforcements while the boss also rushes down on you. I didn't play Berkut's, but from what I saw it was about using forest tiles to your advantage (while your team was separated and attacked first).

Just now, EricaofRenais said:

Lyon GHB: have set up like the battle where you fight Lyon

There's two of those though.

Micaiah GHB: Base it on 3-13, with the player starting where Ike was in the original map.  Have her be flanked by a thief and some spare mages, and let there be walls to make progress difficult .

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

There's two of those though.

Micaiah GHB: Base it on 3-13, with the player starting where Ike was in the original map.  Have her be flanked by a thief and some spare mages, and let there be walls to make progress difficult .

I didn't include Micaiah because I'd prefer if she was summonable in a banner, but... Yeah, the idea is good.

1 minute ago, Rapier said:

I didn't include Micaiah because I'd prefer if she was summonable in a banner, but... Yeah, the idea is good.

It's practically an impossible dream for her to be welfare, but I'll be really happy if she is.  She does spend some chapters in RD as an enemy, so it's not totally impossible, but it's unlikely because she's apparently popular according to CYL and IS wants $$$ 

I think it's more likely for us to have a Pelleas GHB than anything, but I don't know if he's popular enough for one. It could be around 3-14 and include all of that defensive set up for the enemy team, with a timer to boot (and symbolize Yune's awakening).

15 minutes ago, Great Dane said:

I want a Murdock GHB where you're pincered by Knights and Mages. Kinda like Zephiel's but without them being ahead of you, more of a rear assault.

Throw in flier reinforcements or bust.

Aversa. It would be neat if they could somehow make her team be generics that mimick your own team's skill set to reference her paralogue in Awakening but I'm not sure that's feasible in Heroes.

Arvis, with his map based on Balhalla. 

Ashnard, map based on the final map from PoR.

Linus with his map based on the shrine of seals.

Lyon with his map based on the last map of FE8.

Uhh... that's a lot of reds. Which is why I think Lyon and Aversa should get dark tomes of a different colour, but I based this off what's already established in the game.

For me GHB dont necessarly need to give you Heroes/Characters as reward. I would be happy with Legendary Weapons you can inherit to normal Characters that usually cant inherit them.

In that Case:
GHB: Blazing Blade with Hector, Eliwood and Lyn. After you win Infernal you can choose one of their 3 Weapons. (obviously everyone will pick Armads ¬.¬)

Gangrel: map based off of FE13 Chapter 11
Jedah: map based off of The Swamps of Duma battle in FE2/15 Act 4 complete with infinitely spawning Mogalls and everything!
Iago: map based off of FE14 Conquest Chapter 26 with Panic Ploy everywhere to emulate Iago's staff spamming

Eh, that's all I got for now.

2 hours ago, Rapier said:

Ashnard GHB: Self-explanatory. It'd make the GHB flier team complete as well with a red sword flier. His map would be based on its FE9 counterpart, but built around the small square plaza from the original map, with a generic Paladin with higher stats than normal referencing the Camus-archetype soldier that stood for Ashnard.

If Bryce is that knight you're referring to, then he should a knight as he was a general, not a paladin.

My ideas for Grand Hero Battles are

• Petrine: The Black Knight and Petrine get a lot of attention. But what about the the other prominent rider of Daein? She would wield the exclusive Flame lance that can deal magical damage.
  • Gangrel: There is a lack of villians from Awakening, Wielding the Levin Sword that can attack from two spaces. Map would be based on chapter 11.
  • Garon: The big daddy of Nohr. He would wield Bölverk that can reduce special attacks by 10. His map would be  Chapter 27 of Birthright.
  • Flora: The reason she on my list is because she is fought by Corrin's army in all route of fates. She would be a dagger user with a exclusive Flame dagger that has windsweep 2 build in. Her map would be the Ice Tribe village.
  • Sephiran: As his Chancellor version. Wielding Creiddylad that has Atk Smoke 2 build in. Map is part 4 of the endgame.
  • Eremiya: If the other assassins from FE12 made it, surely their boss must make it in. She would be a red mage with meteor that has watersweep  2 build in. Map would be Chapter 20x of New Mystery.
Edited by Jingle Jangle

3 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

My ideas for Grand Hero Battles are

• Petrine: The Black Knight and Petrine get a lot of attention. But what about the the other prominent rider of Daein? She would wield the exclusive Flame lance that can deal magical damage.
  • Gangrel: There is a lack of villians from Awakening, Wielding the Levin Sword that can attack from two spaces. Map would be based on chapter 11.
  • Garon: The big daddy of Nohr. He would wield Bölverk that can reduce special attacks by 10. His map would be  Chapter 27 of Birthright.
  • Flora: The reason she on my list is because she is fought by Corrin's army in all route of fates. She would be a dagger user with a exclusive Flame dagger that has windsweep 2 build in. Her map would be the Ice Tribe village.
  • Sephiran: As his Chancellor version. Wielding Creiddylad that has Atk Smoke 2 build in. Map is part 4 of the endgame.
  • Eremiya: If the other assassins from FE12 made it, surely their boss must make it in. She would be a red mage with meteor that has watersweep  2 build in. Map would be Chapter 20x of New Mystery.

A sword that can switch normally physical damage dealers to magic could be potentially dangerous so Gangrel may be hindered by that. Though I think they would keep it as a 1 range weapon.