Tempest Trials: Moment of Fate!

Vaximillian

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Hawk King said:

I only pulled red and blue for this banner too, but there is a chance that all 5 orbs are red and blue.

And that stinks for your Elincia. At least my +Atk -Spd can still work the same way as Cherche or Klein do with the Death blow skill. My 1st two Oscars came from the same pull and were both +Atk -Res which is great but I would have preferred +Spd.

That's right, but lately I've been getting a lot of colorless with 1 to 3 red/blue orbs so 13 hits a nice medium pulling 3 characters.

I've made my peace comparing her to a +Atk Brave Sword Palla but I really wanted to get a +Atk or at the very least a neutral/semi-neutral one. Maybe if she's on another banner I will try again for her.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

If your barracks is not at 1000/1000, you should just keep expanding your barracks. It costs 1 orb to add 5 slots, but a minimum of 20 orbs to fill those slots (not counting free units and free pulls).

You're right, maybe I'll start using the Sunday orb for my barracks until I hit a comfortable number (around 600 probably).

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Best thing was that later I entered training tower with my TT team, but that's far less stamina wasted. 

On bonus rounds usually someone of my starter team dies an especially stupid death. 

I found that happened a lot last time. I'd leave Reinhardt, especially in a stupid situation and without him, it all falls to pot -.-

This time round, so far, I've reached the end in the bonus rounds every time :) That being said, even if I didn't, I can still reach my 8k a day target, so this just lets me have free stamina to work around with without using up a pot ^.^ 

14 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I found that happened a lot last time. I'd leave Reinhardt, especially in a stupid situation and without him, it all falls to pot -.-

This time round, so far, I've reached the end in the bonus rounds every time :) That being said, even if I didn't, I can still reach my 8k a day target, so this just lets me have free stamina to work around with without using up a pot ^.^ 

8k/day is a lot, do you have a specific goal, like top 5k? With the current pace I'm aiming for top 10k. 

21 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

8k/day is a lot, do you have a specific goal, like top 5k? With the current pace I'm aiming for top 10k. 

Nah, I just want to get all the prizes, and 8k lets me do that, with a bit of leeway in case it all goes to pot. I might stop when I get to 100k. 

It's a lot easier now I do it differently. Before, I grinded myself out by doing Lunatic 7 with Rein, Xander, Dancer + Bonus over and over and it got tedious. Now I've eased back a bit - do them twice a day for bonus and then do Lunatic 5 with a random horse team (Frederick, Lyn, Roy, Oscar). I think because the Lunatic 5 maps are so much easier, it feels almost relaxing again :) Plus, so far, I've always had enough stamina to do what I want to do afterwards (daily quests in the tower... and I would say Clarisse's mission but I died several times so had to use a stamina potion xD ). 

It feels like a good goal to keep going :D 

Plus, to be fair, I'm already there just by doing Lunatic 7 on bonus, providing I get full points. 

Edited by Cute Chao

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Nah, I just want to get all the prizes, and 8k lets me do that, with a bit of leeway in case it all goes to pot. I might stop when I get to 100k. 

It's a lot easier now I do it differently. Before, I grinded myself out by doing Lunatic 7 with Rein, Xander, Dancer + Bonus over and over and it got tedious. Now I've eased back a bit - do them twice a day for bonus and then do Lunatic 5 with a random horse team (Frederick, Lyn, Roy, Oscar). I think because the Lunatic 5 maps are so much easier, it feels almost relaxing again :) Plus, so far, I've always had enough stamina to do what I want to do afterwards (daily quests in the tower... and I would say Clarisse's mission but I died several times so had to use a stamina potion xD ). 

It feels like a good goal to keep going :D 

Plus, to be fair, I'm already there just by doing Lunatic 7 on bonus, providing I get full points. 

It's seems a good and sane way to play TT, good luck to you! 

I hope they will make Mini TTs more common and the long TTs more of a special event. Two weeks the same maps over and over is a little too much, even if they improved this modus a lot. 

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

It's seems a good and sane way to play TT, good luck to you! 

I hope they will make Mini TTs more common and the long TTs more of a special event. Two weeks the same maps over and over is a little too much, even if they improved this modus a lot. 

On the very first TT, I was amongst the top ranking. Played every day, very happy. Upon learning it was a monthly thing, interest did go downhill a fair bit (although I still got all the prizes each time. Miss out on free orbs? Heck no!). But, with this, I no longer mind if it's a fortnight or mini... I do wonder if they will do the mini and full TT again... I mean, I like getting prizes, but it does only allow for a week of downtime, which might become too much... 

But then... all those orbs... 

Plus +1'ing Tobin, BK, Clive and whoever else follows will not be amiss. I use Tobin and Clive all the time (more than Masked Lucina, funnily enough... but she has to compete with a load of other swordies). I hope the next one will be useful for me, too :) BK hasn't been levelled yet, but I don't like using armour units. He'll only see the same use as Hector - once a month, armour quests... And maybe the occasional AA map ^.^

Edited by Cute Chao

7 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

On the very first TT, I was amongst the top ranking. Played every day, very happy. Upon learning it was a monthly thing, interest did go downhill a fair bit (although I still got all the prizes each time. Miss out on free orbs? Heck no!). But, with this, I no longer mind if it's a fortnight or mini... I do wonder if they will do the mini and full TT again... I mean, I like getting prizes, but it does only allow for a week of downtime, which might become too much... 

But then... all those orbs... 

Plus +1'ing Tobin, BK, Clive and whoever else follows will not be amiss. I use Tobin and Clive all the time (more than Masked Lucina, funnily enough... but she has to compete with a load of other swordies). I hope the next one will be useful for me, too :) BK hasn't been levelled yet, but I don't like using armour units. He'll only see the same use as Hector - once a month, armour quests... And maybe the occasional AA map ^.^

On first TT I struggled to get my score above 50k, because my only mage worth of notice had been Nino. It was fun because I had to use some rarely used units for the first time, but also very hard. It had to concentrate so much to get lunatic/7 done with my few strong units, those two weeks have been long. 

I also don't like armors, but when Elincia maxes HM, I'll give BK a try or two. Masked healer Marth has been in action in the other TTs and Clive/Tobin in AA. 

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

On first TT I struggled to get my score above 50k, because my only mage worth of notice had been Nino. It was fun because I had to use some rarely used units for the first time, but also very hard. It had to concentrate so much to get lunatic/7 done with my few strong units, those two weeks have been long. 

I also don't like armors, but when Elincia maxes HM, I'll give BK a try or two. Masked healer Marth has been in action in the other TTs and Clive/Tobin in AA. 

I made Masked Lucina into a healer, too, though only recently... but I rarely use healers, so it's difficult. 

My first TT was a mess. Looking back, I reckon I could've gone for full points each turn,but I used to just run Reinhardt/Xander/Dancer and a healer up until the final map and then swap them out. That being said, the changes they've made since have made it so much more interesting. 

5 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I made Masked Lucina into a healer, too, though only recently... but I rarely use healers, so it's difficult. 

My first TT was a mess. Looking back, I reckon I could've gone for full points each turn,but I used to just run Reinhardt/Xander/Dancer and a healer up until the final map and then swap them out. That being said, the changes they've made since have made it so much more interesting. 

The changes are welcome of course, I wouldn't play so much TT if they all would be like the first, it's just not sane. But it was somehow rewarding to make a deathless run then, which happened only every couple of days to me in first TT. 

It would be cool if there was an TT1 mode (or infernal/7 mode) which could be played only once a day during TT. Or a daily TT quests like "make a lunatic/7 run" ...

... "without dancer or healer"

... "with only 4* units"

... "with only melee units" 

... and so on 

16 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

The changes are welcome of course, I wouldn't play so much TT if they all would be like the first, it's just not sane. But it was somehow rewarding to make a deathless run then, which happened only every couple of days to me in first TT. 

It would be cool if there was an TT1 mode (or infernal/7 mode) which could be played only once a day during TT. Or a daily TT quests like "make a lunatic/7 run" ...

... "with only 4* units"

... and so on 

I think that could only really be done if the prizes weren't great... Otherwise it feels like it might punish players with less variety of units to choose from. 

Unless it wasn't restricted to Lunatic 7. If it was those on any, that'd be fun :) Means newer players and the less lucky f2p ones (and people who are cruddy at strats like me) might have a chance xD 

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I think that could only really be done if the prizes weren't great... Otherwise it feels like it might punish players with less variety of units to choose from. 

Unless it wasn't restricted to Lunatic 7. If it was those on any, that'd be fun :) Means newer players and the less lucky f2p ones (and people who are cruddy at strats like me) might have a chance xD 

The rewards would be small, like those from the daily quests we are already getting. Many people just want to finish every content, no matter the reward. 

Speaking of unfinished content: there are still some few lunatic CCs I didn't finish, perhaps after TT ...

55 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

The rewards would be small, like those from the daily quests we are already getting. Many people just want to finish every content, no matter the reward. 

Speaking of unfinished content: there are still some few lunatic CCs I didn't finish, perhaps after TT ...

I've finished almost none of the CCs... It's my least favourite mode. I either have to run Xander, Rein, Dancer, Unit... which is beginning to get a bit wearing... or die -.- 

I love squad assault, though. I wish CC had been the less frequent one and Squad Assault had been the one chosen to be like the CCs. 

I'm annoyed today, though. Forgot about the maintenance so finished with only 7,900k points collected and, worse, I haven't even done the Tower daily quests for the first time since they started v.v 

It'll be 3am for me when they finish. Can't stay up that long -.- 

Edit: Well, they finished earlier than they said. Time to finish off my dailies and get the final 100 points needed for today :D 

Edited by Cute Chao

6 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I've finished almost none of the CCs... It's my least favourite mode. I either have to run Xander, Rein, Dancer, Unit... which is beginning to get a bit wearing... or die -.- 

I love squad assault, though. I wish CC had been the less frequent one and Squad Assault had been the one chosen to be like the CCs. 

I'm annoyed today, though. Forgot about the maintenance so finished with only 7,900k points collected and, worse, I haven't even done the Tower daily quests for the first time since they started v.v 

It'll be 3am for me when they finish. Can't stay up that long -.- 

Edit: Well, they finished earlier than they said. Time to finish off my dailies and get the final 100 points needed for today :D 

CC is a good mode and I liked most of the maps. It was a welcome bonus content in the summer (feathers and orbs were welcome too). I just didn't want to burn too many pots for 9/10 and 11/12 lunatic (I didn't want to follow a YouTube tutorial either), thus they are still open. 

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

... "with only 4* units"

... and so on 

Good idea, that would spice things up a little. 

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

CC is a good mode and I liked most of the maps. It was a welcome bonus content in the summer (feathers and orbs were welcome too). I just didn't want to burn too many pots for 9/10 and 11/12 lunatic (I didn't want to follow a YouTube tutorial either), thus they are still open. 

I'm not saying it's a bad mode, but that I personally don't enjoy it :)

I think it's a bit too similar to TT for my liking, so I prefer Squad Assault and wish that was the main mode ^.^

my orb reserves are almost completely dry, I have been teased several times over my time with this game with five star sakura and lachesis, so I would like to politely ask, where is my mist, also who is the jerk who made mist 5* exclusive, she has no exclusive healer skills that completely change the game like genny or B!lyn she won't fit into a broken team composition like elise, and she is one of the least popular healers in heroes, why is she so rare? At least when they made amelia 5* she had a skill that justified the decision. Best mist can give is spur def/res, which is hardly worth 5* exclusivity IMO.

XHAOd6E.png?1

Why yes, the magical loli did somehow shove the much larger and armor-encased man into that corner. This game's pretty great, I got to say.

Anyways, I surpassed 100K as of yesterday and I'm currently at a score of 105,943, good for rank 776. Ike not pictured here as he got wrecked by his flying waifu a couple maps earlier has less than 200 merits to go before hitting max while Nephenee is less than 800 away from max. So yeah, I'm still going to keep going at this mostly for HM farming purposes as well as to maintain my rank.

Well, Olwen finally maxed her Hero Merit. 2,951 SP at the end of it all. You've done well, speedy Reinhardt. You've done well. I think I'll switch her out for Sanaki now, at least during the double SP weekend. Soren and Ninian are almost at max as well, so once they do hit 3,000, I'll switch them out for Titania or Black Knight and... nobody, because Olivia and Azura are already at max. Unless I get one of the new units before the Tempest Trial ends!

Anyway, my score is 62,753 and rank 21,642, which is higher than I had expected I would be. I'll probably try to go a bit further after I get all the rewards, and hopefully get at least 6,000 feathers out of it.

I'm very disappointed in my Arena Score this time around, normally I'm able to get around 12,000 points per day, which would mean I'd be around 84,000ish today, but I'm only at 60,000. I still plan on getting all the rewards, I just wish I had more time to do some feather grinding.

I am currently at 57k points but this weekend looks to be busy for me so who knows if I will be able to keep my 6k a day up the next 2 days.  I still plan on reaching 100k even if I have to break out my back up stamina potions on Monday.  

Managed to get 5* BK yesterday, well on track to get Panic Ploy and from there just run the three a day and see how many points I get. No need to stress out.... More than I do when I get a unit killed 2 maps early.