FE Warriors at TGS

Tolvir

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

I can 100% guarantee that there are people who feel that way. I've felt that way about crossover fighting games before; the only reason I ever bought Marvel vs. Capcom 3 was because I recognized Zero. Most likely, these are people that think the game looks okay, but without anybody that they actually care about, there's no reason to buy it. With Lyn in, that provides a character for them to cling to going into the game, and then they can maybe branch out to the other characters as well.

I can 100% verify this. Pokemon got me into Smash which got me into Fire Emblem which got me into the Project X Zone games which got me into Valkyria Chronicles and God Eater (to think I only got smash cause I was going to main Lucario funny how that turned out, Lucario has never been my main, it's always been Link) then that lead me to Lucina and Roy, in which Lucina lead me to Ciel, Nana, and Alisa which made me invested in the PXZ Series which got me into Valkyria (to minor extent Super Robot Wars as well, I say minor as I still don't know too much about it but have played one game and love those character to death) so I can verify this getting a game due to X character being in it.

In relation to the topic at hand, excited for any new reveals though probably not who knows, my guess is the next big reveal will be Shadow Dragon focused revealing/confirming Caeda, Navarre, and Tiki.

58 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Sure, a lot of the complaints happening, especially over on reddit, has been pretty bad. Out of maybe the 2 or 3 legitimate arguments, you have another 10 that are just people complaining to complain.

Its all good though, I can understand. I was one of the people really trying to defend this game early on, through all of the sword arguments and jokes were being thrown around, and people getting pissed about how it was just the 3 games. So I know how it feels.

For what it's worth I find it to be incredibly admirable for anyone to defend the things they enjoy. It's hard to enjoy something when everyone else will ridicule you for it.

I hope when the game comes out you'll have the ability to enjoy compare everyone else.

4 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

I can 100% verify this. Pokemon got me into Smash which got me into Fire Emblem which got me into the Project X Zone games which got me into Valkyria Chronicles and God Eater (to think I only got smash cause I was going to main Lucario funny how that turned out, Lucario has never been my main, it's always been Link) then that lead me to Lucina and Roy, in which Lucina lead me to Ciel, Nana, and Alisa which made me invested in the PXZ Series which got me into Valkyria (to minor extent Super Robot Wars as well, I say minor as I still don't know too much about it but have played one game and love those character to death) so I can verify this getting a game due to X character being in it.

In relation to the topic at hand, excited for any new reveals though probably not who knows, my guess is the next big reveal will be Shadow Dragon focused revealing/confirming Caeda, Navarre, and Tiki.

That's the other big thing that I forgot to mention, and I'm glad that you did: when there's one character to cling to in a crossover game, especially in a team-based game like MvC3 or PXZ (which I also only played because Mega Man characters were in it, and I ended up enjoying it a lot), it can make the other characters more inviting, and can even lead the player to new games or franchises to enjoy. With Lyn's addition, some people will play the game primarily for her, but they'll inevitably try out the other characters, and they might just find them more enjoyable than expected. Just like Smash Bros. invited a lot of people to Fire Emblem, this game could introduce those that avoided the 3DS games to characters that they may actually quite like.

Isn't Marth's VA a guest for tomorrow's stream, when they're supposed to reveal at least one more character? I would be shocked if they don't reveal a Shadow Dragon character then, if not multiple. I almost wonder if they'll ever officially announce Tiki at this rate though. They might consider her amiibo reveal to be good enough, and save her gameplay for the actual launch. It would be a weird choice, but anything is possible at this point.

4 minutes ago, Cammy said:

Can someone tell me how to watch the Fire Emblem TGS stuff coming up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sSVsq_artc&ytbChannel=null

There's the link for the stream. I think the Fire Emblem stuff is in an hour and fifteen minutes, if I'm remembering the schedule correctly.

24 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

For what it's worth I find it to be incredibly admirable for anyone to defend the things they enjoy. It's hard to enjoy something when everyone else will ridicule you for it.

I hope when the game comes out you'll have the ability to enjoy compare everyone else.

I'm used to it myself considering I like a certain franchise where we can't agree on almost anything (although its gotten better in the last 2 years)*points to avatar*

Edited by Jedi

15 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sSVsq_artc&ytbChannel=null

There's the link for the stream. I think the Fire Emblem stuff is in an hour and fifteen minutes, if I'm remembering the schedule correctly.

12 AM EST? One hour and 30 minutes earlier than yesterday?

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

12 AM EST? One hour and 30 minutes earlier than yesterday?

Looks like it. There's a schedule from Tumblr that was posted around page 23-24 of this thread, and today's info does start 1 & 1/2 hours earlier. Tomorrow's stream starts even earlier.

58 minutes ago, TheSS said:

Am I the only one who loves Celica's character model? it's her face shape, I think. It's very distinct from the rest of the female cast. Or I'm just insane.

It's because it retains Hidari's style which is pretty neat. Everyone else looks like Kozaki Yusuke while they left Celica to her original.

55 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I almost wonder if they'll ever officially announce Tiki at this rate though. They might consider her amiibo reveal to be good enough, and save her gameplay for the actual launch. It would be a weird choice, but anything is possible at this point.

I know Tiki is going to transform into a Divine Seahorse, thats how they looked in the DS games and Awakening. But I hope they don't look too seahorsey, because I'd have a bit of a hard time acknowledging them as a dragon if they were.

And as such a frail thing, said dragon is probably going to rely on flame-like breath and solid ice-like projectiles, no physical clawing or chomps. Hopefully that big bad evil dragon they've shown will have a playable smaller form that does integrate more physicality into their draconic arsenal.

So that was quite the sight. I check the stream real quick, and I see some Japanese women groping this anime thing's ass. 

Cant say I am surprised to be honest. 

Edited by Tolvir

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I know Tiki is going to transform into a Divine Seahorse, thats how they looked in the DS games and Awakening. But I hope they don't look too seahorsey, because I'd have a bit of a hard time acknowledging them as a dragon if they were.

And as such a frail thing, said dragon is probably going to rely on flame-like breath and solid ice-like projectiles, no physical clawing or chomps. Hopefully that big bad evil dragon they've shown will have a playable smaller form that does integrate more physicality into their draconic arsenal.

...Great, now you've made me want Fae in this game. As close to her FE Heroes appearance as possible, preferably. Barreling through these maps as a giant fluffy chicken would be incredible.

9 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

So that was quite the sight. I check the stream real quick, and I see some Japanese women groping this anime thing's ass. 

Cant say I am surprised to be honest. 

Uuugh...

Well this is where Camilla was created.

Unrelated note, but I've noticed I've grown fond of Japanese bumpers with the music, like the one with the cat graphics and pins that just showed. :P

(on the stream, btw)

Edited by NoirCore

Just now, DefaultBeep said:

...Great, now you've made me want Fae in this game. As close to her FE Heroes appearance as possible, preferably. Barreling through these maps as a giant fluffy chicken would be incredible.

And now I'm reliving my Cucco Mode trauma from Hyrule Warriors. Oh, the pecking, the clucking, the button mashing because you have literally nothing else! What sounds like it'd be a fun five minute distraction turned into a twenty hour tedious grind!

Or not, nevermind. They're doing a trailer loop, and I just happened to start paying attention when the FEW trailer just ended, so when it got to it I thought something was happening.

Edited by Konnor97

5 minutes ago, Truthblade said:

Uuugh...

Well this is where Camilla was created.

Yup. I just don't understand it. Why would you want it? It's not exactly something you would show off on a shelf.

4 minutes ago, Konnor97 said:

It seems to be starting now, I think.

Not quite, they are just throwing around some trailers. Think we have at least 10 minutes left, probably more.

Edited by Tolvir