Forging extra cost formulas cracked.

Through some math, I figured out the extra cost formula for Forging weapons:

*Might: Basic Cost * (10 * Base * |Added| + 5 * Added * |Added|) / (2 * Base^2)

*Hit (in increments of 5): Basic Cost * (10 * Base * |Added| + 5 * Added * |Added|) / (2 * Base^2)

*Weight: Basic Cost * ((2 * Lightness * |Subtracted| - Subtracted * |Subtracted|) * 5 / (2 * (Lightness^2)))

-Lightness (for Weight Base): 23 - Weight

-Subtracted is positive in the formula when Weight is increased.

*Critical: I spoke too soon. I haven't figure this one out yet, truth be told, but I can be fairly sure the multipliers for the second boost is 87/40 for 0 base and 13/10 for 5 base. And it seems that the other two multipliers for 0 base are 69/40 and 105/40. But the game likes to jerk me around especially with the Wind tome.

Might and Hit, I could figure out from (get this) the Chapter 8 equipment. I had a little help for Weight from the values of a couple of other weapons.

So all that is left is the Critical boost cost.

Edited by Juigi Kario

Could you possibly go through the extra Might calculation, for example, with an Iron Sword?

I think I know what some of the parameters are, but I can't quite figure out the order of the mathematical operations ^^;;;

Eg. Iron Sword with +5 Might

*Might: 460 * (10 * 5 * |5| + 5 * 5 * |5|) / (2 * 5^2) ?

*Iron Sword max Might extra cost:

460 * (10 * 5 * |5| + 5 * 5 * |5|) / (2 * 5^2)

460 * (250 + 125) / (2 * 25)

460 * 375 / 50

460 * 15 / 2

*Iron Lance minimum Weight extra cost:

Lightness = 23 - 8 = 15

360 * (10 * 15 * |-5| - 5 * (-5) * |-5|) / (2 * 15^2)

360 * (750 + 125) / (2 * 225)

360 * 875 / 450

360 * 35 / 18

20 * 35

(Thought for a minute that I messed up somewhere in the formula until I realized that the divisor's squaring factor is the Lightness and not the Added, which results in the formula spitting out 6300.)

Edited by Juigi Kario

• 15 years later...
On 10/30/2008 at 10:23 PM, Juigi Kario said:

Through some math, I figured out the extra cost formula for Forging weapons:

*Might: Basic Cost * (10 * Base * |Added| + 5 * Added * |Added|) / (2 * Base^2)

*Hit (in increments of 5): Basic Cost * (10 * Base * |Added| + 5 * Added * |Added|) / (2 * Base^2)

*Weight: Basic Cost * ((2 * Lightness * |Subtracted| - Subtracted * |Subtracted|) * 5 / (2 * (Lightness^2)))

-Lightness (for Weight Base): 23 - Weight

-Subtracted is positive in the formula when Weight is increased.

*Critical: I spoke too soon. I haven't figure this one out yet, truth be told, but I can be fairly sure the multipliers for the second boost is 87/40 for 0 base and 13/10 for 5 base. And it seems that the other two multipliers for 0 base are 69/40 and 105/40. But the game likes to jerk me around especially with the Wind tome.

Might and Hit, I could figure out from (get this) the Chapter 8 equipment. I had a little help for Weight from the values of a couple of other weapons.

So all that is left is the Critical boost cost.

You don't think that Lightness (for Weight Base): 23 - Weight is too much for it. Overall it is all well calculated but I have doubts only about this. Let me know if there are any corrections to be made or if it is right as well.