Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Rex Glacies

1 hour ago, FrostyFireMage said:

I don't really understand the lack of exploration complaint people have with XC2. The areas aren't as wide as the ones in XCX but they're more or less the same as the ones in the first Xenoblade.

In the second half of the game, yeah, I agree. But everything up to and including Valek Mountain has such huge areas to explore, you could be lost in one for hours. The only Titans in 2 that comes close is Gormott and Uraya, and the latter's a stretch.

Absolutely awesome news that Xenoblade 2 has sold over a million copies. The Ardainian Soldiers will definitely not be forgotten.

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

Hey I'm in Chapter 7 atm. How much further to beat the game?

The game's 10 chapters long so you got three chapters left. 

1 hour ago, DodgeDusk said:

In the second half of the game, yeah, I agree. But everything up to and including Valek Mountain has such huge areas to explore, you could be lost in one for hours.

Ehhh, Satorl Marsh and Eryth Sea were pretty small relatively. So were Ether Mine and High Entia Tomb but i don't count those.

That said, i do agree that 2's areas felt smaller than 1's. It's not that big of an issue because the areas still look pretty and there's enough to explore but you could definitely feel that they were smaller. Lefhtiria is too beautiful to be small (but it's still a better Eryth Sea).

[Chapter 8 spoilers]

Spoiler

It's blasphemy that the Land of Morytha is so small yet Spirit Crucible Elpys, one of the worst areas in the series, is one of the biggest areas in the game.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ehhh, Satorl Marsh and Eryth Sea were pretty small relatively. So were Ether Mine and High Entia Tomb but i don't count those.

That said, i do agree that 2's areas felt smaller than 1's. It's not that big of an issue because the areas still look pretty and there's enough to explore but you could definitely feel that they were smaller. Lefhtiria is too beautiful to be small (but it's still a better Eryth Sea).

[Chapter 8 spoilers]

Hide contents

It's blasphemy that the Land of Morytha is so small yet Spirit Crucible Elpys, one of the worst areas in the series, is one of the biggest areas in the game.

I dunno, I remember spending a lot of time in Satorl Marsh. It's been a while though. I might have made Eryth Sea articifically long because the first thing I did when I got there was swim everywhere to fill in the map. Those two hours were not wasted, let me tell you.

Chapter 7 spoilers.

Spoiler

I don't get the hate for Spirit Crucible Elpys--all the Field Skills you need to progress can be achieved using the free Blades you get in the game. You need... what, Fire Mastery, Wind Mastery, and... Focus? Pyra, Mythra, Brighid, Wulfric, Roc, and Ayame do all that for you. The narrow pathways that you can fall off on during battle is a little dumb, yes, but you're under no obligation to fight every little enemy you come across.

4 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

I dunno, I remember spending a lot of time in Satorl Marsh. It's been a while though. I might have made Eryth Sea articifically long because the first thing I did when I got there was swim everywhere to fill in the map. Those two hours were not wasted, let me tell you.

Chapter 7 spoilers.

Hide contents

I don't get the hate for Spirit Crucible Elpys--all the Field Skills you need to progress can be achieved using the free Blades you get in the game. You need... what, Fire Mastery, Wind Mastery, and... Focus? Pyra, Mythra, Brighid, Wulfric, Roc, and Ayame do all that for you. The narrow pathways that you can fall off on during battle is a little dumb, yes, but you're under no obligation to fight every little enemy you come across.

I spent a lot of time in Satorl Marsh too but it's still one of the smaller areas in 1. And yeah, Eryth Sea is artificially big because of having to swim everywhere to fill the map.

Ch.7 spoilers

Spoiler

The Field Skills weren't really the problem, even if they were annoying. The real issue is how everyone except Tora gets nerfed and it slows the pacing of battles. Also, the Phantasm fight was annoying (but easy).

I mean, hey, it could've been worse. It could've been Babel Tower from Xenogears. Platforming sections except you can't turn the camera and if you miss a jump, it's back to the beginning.

2 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Alright I just finished the game and OH MY GOD I AM LOOSING MY SHIT OVER WHAT I HAVE SEEN!!!

Pretty much my reaction. I had to tell someone--anyone--about what the game chucked at me in the last two hours or so.

Spoiler

She make a promise, you know. And that promise almost broke my heart.

6 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Pretty much my reaction. I had to tell someone--anyone--about what the game chucked at me in the last two hours or so.

Reveal hidden contents

She make a promise, you know. And that promise almost broke my heart.

that scene did break my heart, I freaking love Poppi and I still belive that she is somehow truly alive

Spoiler

Also remember that line of Shulk's we heard, that makes me think that the events of XC1 and XC2 are happening at the same time

also do you think Zanza is aware of what Klaus is doing?

2 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

that scene did break my heart, I freaking love Poppi and I still belive that she is somehow truly alive

Hide contents

Also remember that line of Shulk's we heard, that makes me think that the events of XC1 and XC2 are happening at the same time

also do you think Zanza is aware of what Klaus is doing?

For a robot, Poppi is so incredibly expressive.

Chapter 7 spoilers.

Spoiler

Now is not time for excuses!

Final chapter spoilers.

Spoiler

Definitely--Klaus knows Zanza's time is about to end, and he tells both Malos and Rex and co. that he's going to die soon. Klaus I imagine died a little bit after Zanza meets his end.

Probably not. I mean, if he did, Zanza would know there's someone out there who's on equal footing as him (a God), and he'd absolutely hate that, and probably comment on it.

Am I the only one bothered by Pyra and Mythra being revived with no explanation? Like, the game had a nice character arc going on with Rex where he learned to accept loss, and then it sort of pissed it away. It invalidated the emotion felt when Pyra sacrifices herself. Like literally, I was staring at my screen praying that she would stay dead and the credits rolled and I let my guard down. I'm just going to consider the Stinger non canon.

[\spoiler]

12 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

For a robot, Poppi is so incredibly expressive.

Chapter 7 spoilers.

Hide contents

Now is not time for excuses!

Final chapter spoilers.

Hide contents

Definitely--Klaus knows Zanza's time is about to end, and he tells both Malos and Rex and co. that he's going to die soon. Klaus I imagine died a little bit after Zanza meets his end.

Probably not. I mean, if he did, Zanza would know there's someone out there who's on equal footing as him (a God), and he'd absolutely hate that, and probably comment on it.

I'm gonna PM you on this so we don't crowd the thread 

49 minutes ago, blah the Prussian said:

Hide contents

Am I the only one bothered by Pyra and Mythra being revived with no explanation? Like, the game had a nice character arc going on with Rex where he learned to accept loss, and then it sort of pissed it away. It invalidated the emotion felt when Pyra sacrifices herself. Like literally, I was staring at my screen praying that she would stay dead and the credits rolled and I let my guard down. I'm just going to consider the Stinger non canon.

Spoiler

It would have been fine if only one of them returns, considering you do the choice who of the two represents the Pneuma form.

That way you have some kind of sacrifice, leaving some weight to her decision, but still have some leeway to give the audience their happy ending. Getting both back is pretty stupid and causes what you experienced.
The Harem jokes are writing themselves at this point.

Edited by Zeratul

41 minutes ago, blah the Prussian said:

Hide contents

[\spoiler]

Spoiler

I would agree except there actually is an explanation. We already know that Blades regenerate from their Core Crystals and Malos at one point states that Aegises can live without their Core Crystals for a short while. When Pneuma gave her Core Crystal to Rex at the end there, that was pretty much hinting at the revival. What doesn't make sense is how Pyra and Mythra split apart but a lot of people are chalking it up to Klaus' Final Gift.

But still, it's actually better that they did come back. Them coming back invalidates one scene. Them staying dead invalidates the entire game. For seven chapters, Pyra and Mythra are wanting to die. Rex finally gives them a reason to live. It wouldn't make sense for them to die shortly after.

Personally, i would've rather just take out the sacrifice scene. It's kind of stupid how Elysium just collapses after the Conduit vanishes. You'd think Klaus would tell them that. Seems kind of important to not mention.

1 hour ago, blah the Prussian said:

Reveal hidden contents

[\spoiler]

I'm not bothered that it happened but that it was really, really obvious that it would happen and yet we got a whole dramatic scene as if it wasn't totally obvious. I felt the cutscene wasted my time and felt it was kinda condescending for thinking I'd fall for it. Also I don't really appreciate everyone being such jerks to Popi. Go bully Morag, she's the one that can take it. 

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/02/02/monolith-soft-boss-talks-katsura-hashino-xenoblade-chronicles-2-development-struggles/

So turns out that Monolith Soft only had 40 members available during the development of Xenoblade Chronicles 2. They outsourced a few things but the main Xenoblade 2 team only had 40 members. 2 things:

1. This explains the QoL and UI issues the game has.
  2. The very fact that Monolith Soft was short on manpower during this project and yet they still managed to push on and deliver this amazing game is amazing. That's some serious passion and dedication to this series and I have massive respect for Monolith Soft right now.

On 2/1/2018 at 5:36 PM, Armagon said:
  Hide contents

I would agree except there actually is an explanation. We already know that Blades regenerate from their Core Crystals and Malos at one point states that Aegises can live without their Core Crystals for a short while. When Pneuma gave her Core Crystal to Rex at the end there, that was pretty much hinting at the revival. What doesn't make sense is how Pyra and Mythra split apart but a lot of people are chalking it up to Klaus' Final Gift.

But still, it's actually better that they did come back. Them coming back invalidates one scene. Them staying dead invalidates the entire game. For seven chapters, Pyra and Mythra are wanting to die. Rex finally gives them a reason to live. It wouldn't make sense for them to die shortly after.

Personally, i would've rather just take out the sacrifice scene. It's kind of stupid how Elysium just collapses after the Conduit vanishes. You'd think Klaus would tell them that. Seems kind of important to not mention.

But she wants to die at first because she doesn't trust herself with th power of the Aegis. When she sacrifices herself, she uses the power of the Aegis to save everyone. Gaining a will to live is important, but I feel her character arc is less about that and more about viewing herself as something more than a weapon, as a danger. She didn't just gain the will to live for Rex, but also to die for Rex, rather than because she hated herself conceptually and wanted to die. I don't think that invalidates anything.

[\spoiler]

33 minutes ago, Armagon said:

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/02/02/monolith-soft-boss-talks-katsura-hashino-xenoblade-chronicles-2-development-struggles/

So turns out that Monolith Soft only had 40 members available during the development of Xenoblade Chronicles 2. They outsourced a few things but the main Xenoblade 2 team only had 40 members. 2 things:

1. This explains the QoL and UI issues the game has.
  2. The very fact that Monolith Soft was short on manpower during this project and yet they still managed to push on and deliver this amazing game is amazing. That's some serious passion and dedication to this series and I have massive respect for Monolith Soft right now.

Wow

thats really impressive. 

Good job monolith Soft 

hey does anyone know when or if the OST will be released?

That feeling when you've exhausted options for quick power boosts for a boss that seems less possible on each retry, only to find you just had to drop them to half health.

On to chapter 8 then. Quick question

Spoiler

The game is asking if I want to call her Pyra or Mythra. Does this have some ramifications other than her name? Suppose I'd go with Pyra, as I'm just now reminded of that being the name of one of your party members in Shining in the Darkness.

13 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

That feeling when you've exhausted options for quick power boosts for a boss that seems less possible on each retry, only to find you just had to drop them to half health.

On to chapter 8 then. Quick question

Reveal hidden contents

The game is asking if I want to call her Pyra or Mythra. Does this have some ramifications other than her name? Suppose I'd go with Pyra, as I'm just now reminded of that being the name of one of your party members in Shining in the Darkness.

I believe the only real difference is that the one you chose will have a special line in 

Spoiler

the ending. 

2 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

So a quick question here

Reveal hidden contents

Would Rex count as a blade eater? 

Spoiler

I say no cause it's a special case with the aegis and all.

So been a while since I posted so I figured I'd give an update on my progress for comparison

Spoiler

I have every rare blade in the game, yes every. Of them the only ones maxed out are Pyra, Mythra, Adenine, Zenobia, KOS-MOS, Sheba, Dromarch, Kasandra, and Perun. Working on others like Herald, Pandoria, Brighid, and Poppi's atm. Everyone is level 99. I've defeated most of the superbosses as well. Still have to take on the 130 and the 114 with the two allies is something I need to prepare for, but the level 100 driver that I'm attempting now repeatedly has killed me by the cheapest way multiple times, knockback and ledges. He's also killed me just by sheer damage and me running out of party gauges when it looks like I have 1 left. Anyways blades for everyone. Nia: Godfrey, Perceval, Vale, Ursula, Newt, Nim, Electra, Floren, KOS-MOS, Zenobia, and Dahlia. Morag: Aegaeon, Wulfric, Kasandra, Finch, and Dagas. Zeke: Agate, Theory, Praxis, Sheba, Vess, Herald. Rex has: Adenine, Perun, Roc, Gorg, Kora,Boreas, and Azami. Tora obviously only has the 3 poppi's. I know I still have a lot of sidequesting left due to blade quests and general sidequests and material hunting. So I wanted to say the music is still very great and I recall what I said on Mor Ardain, it really is great and not meh. I will say 2 problems I have with this game, 1. Tora in general, I really dislike him just because he can't aggro worth anything and tank semi-decently. I often reference gray from Echoes and just say "Shut up Tora." (fyi While I hate Tora, Poppi is amazing) 2. Rex's AI, Rex is such an idiot when the ai plays him, he refuses to switch from Perun in certain fights even when he can topple as Mythra or use another blade element he refuses to swap the other blades even have faster regen then Perun so IDK why, that's not all Rex's ai likes to get himself killed almost all the time. Rex is only effective when he is the player otherwise he's dumb, reason being is that fighting the superbosses you need to play as Nia to stand a better chance cause healing, while Zeke may be great dps he doesn't have Rex's multi element ability nor the light element which makes it hard to get that in combos. I could rework my entire team around that but it wouldn't be worth it I think.

Xenoblade update 1.3.0 details (contains actual spoilers)

Spoiler

Here's the patch notes:

• You can lock Blades so you don't accidentally release them (also gives a visual flair)note14_img07.jpg
  • You can skip the Blade summon animation
  • Icons are now seen on the mini-map
  • Easy mode avaliable
  • New sorting options
  • In New Game+, the following will happen
    • Level carries over
    • Equipment carries over
    • Blades carries over
    • Items and gold carries over
    • Town development carries over
    • Unique Monster graves carry over
    • Merc Missions and quests are reset though Merc Level stays the same.
    • You can use the Torna Blades. You can either get them by summoning them or through quests.
    • Special Blades can be sent on Merc Missions (i'm also reading that it can be done in the first playthrough as well but i'm not sure on that)
    • You can lower your level at inns so you don't have to worry about cheesing the game in New Game+
    • Affinity Charts for both Driver and Blade carries over. You can reset a Driver's Affinity Chart to reunlock them but you get stronger bonuses by doing so.
    • A certain Blade's (probably Pneuma) Lv.4 Special is unlocked.

Edited by Armagon

Spoiler

Uhm, that's something.
... does that include the Blades that Patroka and Mikhail had? I don't even remember if they had any names.

I wonder if the quests are related to them or are just random interactions ala "Hey, thanks for helping, have Akhos Core Crystal!"

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You can skip the Blade summon animation

I'm really feeling it!

Monolith Soft is really taking care of this game. Kudos to them.

1 hour ago, Zeratul said:
  Hide contents

Uhm, that's something.
... does that include the Blades that Patroka and Mikhail had? I don't even remember if they had any names.

I wonder if the quests are related to them or are just random interactions ala "Hey, thanks for helping, have Akhos Core Crystal!"

I'm really feeling it!

Monolith Soft is really taking care of this game. Kudos to them.

Spoiler

Well, that picture does have both Ahkos and Obrona on it, so hopefully it does include Patroka's and Mikhail's Blades too, although unlike Obrona you barely get to see them despite having some pretty wild weapon types.

The blade summon skip is going to make grinding out those last couple core crystals a lot easier.

6 hours ago, Zeratul said:
  Hide contents

Uhm, that's something.

5 hours ago, Samias said:
  Hide contents

Well, that picture does have both Ahkos and Obrona on it, so hopefully it does include Patroka's and Mikhail's Blades too, although unlike Obrona you barely get to see them despite having some pretty wild weapon types.

Spoiler

Yeah, that includes Patroka and Mikhail's Blades. Mikhail himself can also be used as a Blade as well. No word on Jin or Malos though. Sever is usable though.

Also, i should clarify some stuff about the patch notes. Basically, all of this:

In New Game+, the following will carry over

• Level
  • Equipment
  • Blades
  • Items and gold
  • Town development
  • Unique Monster graves
  • Merc missions and quests are reset but Merc Level stays the same
  • You can use the Torna Blades. You can either get them by summoning them or through quests
  • Special Blades can be sent on Merc Missions
  • You can lower your EXP at inns so you don't have to worry about cheesing the game in New Game+
  • A certain Blade's (Pneuma probably) Lv.4 Special is unlocked
  • Affinity Charts also carry over. You can reset Driver Affinity Charts to reunlock them but you get stronger bonuses by doing so.

The rest of the stuff affects the entire game, not just New Game+. I'm gonna edit my previous post as well so that it's clearer.