Anna Trailer

Reese Balaski

3 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

You just went on about how the original Anna, whose games you aren't even familiar with, was a lousy character.

No, that what's you're accusing me of. I'm saying there isn't any difference in character that you're claiming about.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, wissenschaft said:

Well if you go by the opinion of veteran FE fans, you'd think the 3DS games were massive flops. I'll wait and see what the sell figures are.

I'm getting the game of course. I'm gonna have a ton of fun playing as Lissa, Frederick, and Robin. 

8 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

No, that what's you're accusing me of. I'm saying there isn't any difference in character that you're claiming about.

Whimsical villager who wants to see the world, has a boyfriend, doesn't care about money and is one individual vs greedy merchant who is greedy, is a bunch of clones who all work together, and is single because she needs to be a waifu.

Yeah, it doesn't feel like the original Anna, the one you in an earlier post claimed has stupid continuity and no characterization.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

16 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Classic Anna and Jake, Period, don't exist anymore because new Anna needs to be a waifu, IS seems to think thats the only reason people like Anna.

You just went on about how the original Anna, whose games you aren't even familiar with, was a lousy character.

16 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Not shitting on anything because Anna didn't replace anyone at all. You keep saying there's difference in character prior the 3DS era but there isn't.

So I played Shadow Dragon, whether or not that's the best portrayal of her pre-3ds character is up for debate, but what I gather is that her character is focused on her secret shop and her and Jake being a couple. Every other game (except Gaiden and Echoes) has Anna either as a secret merchant or tutorial. New Mystery is the exception with her basically serving the same role as Shadow Dragon. Then comes Awakening as a sequel to Marth's games. They expanded on her concept as a merchant. However, due to the world map being implemented and merchants randomly spawning, there would be multiple Anna's, so that could be why they did the whole multiple sister thing. And they expanded her being a merchant in her character with her being focused on money and valuable things. I saw someone saying how the original Anna didn't have too good of a business with it being a secret shop so maybe with her descendants they took a different approach due to a poor upbringing (maybe to support Anna and Jake in their older years) and so when they got money it provided them with happiness as they were able to take care of their family, this then just spreaded to all the descendants and money was just associated with happiness and that could be why all the Anna's are greedy. Just my thoughts though.

Edited by LucarioGamer812

2 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Whimsical villager who wants to see the world, has a boyfriend, doesn't care about money and is one individual vs greedy merchant who is greedy, is a bunch of clones who all work together, and is single because she needs to be a waifu.

Yeah, it doesn't feel like the original Anna, the one you claim has stupid continuity.

Alright now I just know you're an elitist for a fact. So have fun being pompous with your claims & everywhere else you go.

Edited by Zangetsu

1 minute ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

So I played Shadow Dragon, whether or not that's the best portrayal of her pre-3ds character is up for debate, but what I gather is that her character is focused on her secret shop and her and Jake being a couple. Every other game (except Gaiden and Echoes) has Anna either as a secret merchant or tutorial. New Mystery is the exception with her basically serving the same role as Shadow Dragon. Then comes Awakening as a sequel to Marth's games. They expanded on her concept as a merchant. However, due to the world map being implemented and merchants randomly spawning, there would be multiple Anna's, so that could be why they did the whole multiple sister thing. And they expanded her being a merchant in her character with her being focused on money and valuable things. I saw someone saying how the original Anna didn't have too good of a business with it being a secret shop so maybe with her descendants they took a different approach due to a poor upbringing (maybe to support Anna and Jake in their older years) and so when they got money it provided them with happiness as they were able to take care of their family, this then just spreaded to all the descendants ad money was just associated with happiness and that could be why all the Anna's are greedy. Just my thoughts though.

^ Pretty much what I said earlier. Or at least somewhat similar.

If they are their descendants, fine. But either way, IS shouldn't just sweep the regional Anna and Jake under the rug forever.

Awakening and Fates are already over represented, why not give something to Shadow Dragon by doing the original Anna?

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Alright now I just know you're an elitist for a fact. So have fun being pompous with your claims & everywhere else you go.

AKA: I am a fan who hates the first five games and their remakes, looking down on older fans while refusing to see their viewpoints. When someone criticizes any aspect of Awakening in any way, I cry Wah, Wah, Elitist.

Gotta love your hypocrisy.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

Just now, Emperor Hardin said:

If they are their descendants, fine. But either way, IS shouldn't just sweep the regional Anna and Jake under the rug forever.

Awakening and Fates are already over represented, why not give something to Shadow Dragon by doing the original Anna?

AKA: I am a fan who hates the first five games and their remakes, looking down on older fans while refusing to see their viewpoints.

Gotta love your hypocrisy.

Ah & here we are making accusation of others now, keep on proving that sterotype bub.

True, they shouldn't as they are well known and liked in the older games communities. Maybe if would have worked better if they worked at the Bazaar with that Anna being the general merchant and Jake being the smithy (assuming the Bazaar works the same as it does in HW) Now in terms of playability, only Awakening and Fates actually have Anna able to fight, I know in PoR and maybe RD she was a pegasus knight during the tutorial but thats really it, so makes sense to me to include the version that is based of the ones that can fight.

Giving a criticism of Warriors using the Awakening/Fates version of Anna don't make one an elitist.

1 minute ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

True, they shouldn't as they are well known and liked in the older games communities. Maybe if would have worked better if they worked at the Bazaar with that Anna being the general merchant and Jake being the smithy (assuming the Bazaar works the same as it does in HW) Now in terms of playability, only Awakening and Fates actually have Anna able to fight, I know in PoR and maybe RD she was a pegasus knight during the tutorial but thats really it, so makes sense to me to include the version that is based of the ones that can fight.

That merchant and smithy idea would be pretty cool.

Problem is right now is everything so far is tailored to Awakening and Fates when Shadow Dragon was supposed to be on equal footing.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

4 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

You just proved the stereotype of whiny Awakening fanatics who acts like they're being oppressed whenever constructive criticism is laid at their object of worship.

Actually, I think the reason they went with greedy Anna is because its a more fun character and they clearly wanted to make Anna more of a joke character.

9 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

You just proved the stereotype of whiny Awakening fanatics who acts like they're being oppressed whenever constructive criticism is laid at their object of worship.

Sure if you wanna call making up facts & subjective opinions being constructive criticism then you go on right ahead & do so. Cuz at the end of the day you're reacting on a character that's virtually has no difference in her old & new depiction of herself

3 minutes ago, wissenschaft said:

I think he meant you were a little harsh.

No I'm meant he's over reacting but we're a fanbase so why shouldn't we over react over the minor things in life?

Edited by Zangetsu

How about we all take our arguments about elitism or whatever stupid nonsense this has devolved into and leave them in PMs instead of crapping on an otherwise perfectly okay thread?

Because at this point, the discussion is diverting from Anna and honestly getting a little heated.

@Zangetsu & @Emperor Hardin : Guys, can you guys stop arguing and insulting one another? It's helping no one. 

Look, I admit that Jake is being swept under the rug a little too much since he's the traditional character that was with Anna. He could at the very least make some small cameo or be mentioned. 

However, Anna in the past really didn't have that much of a personality before. It was more or less of the general love couple with Jake and also being a shopkeeper. It's more fun that way.

10 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Sure if you wanna call making up facts & subjective opinions being constructive criticism then you go on right ahead & do so. Cuz at the end of the day you're reacting on a character that's virtually has no difference in her old & new depiction of herself

I directly quoted from sources such as the wiki, you relied on assumptions such as Anna not referencing Shadow Dragon in Genealogy of the Holy War, then cried "wah, you elitist" once you couldn't think of a response once pointed out to the actual game scripts.

10 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Except there's no proof on that & it contradict the timeline if Genealogy really is a part of the same timeline considering Genealogy implies it takes millennia ago from the Archanea Saga.

Here you go, you clearly do not know what you are talking about when you make statements like this.

Keep crying and operating under the delusion that you are being original by insulting the pre Awakening games.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

4 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Giving a criticism of Warriors using the Awakening/Fates version of Anna don't make one an elitist.

That merchant and smithy idea would be pretty cool.

Problem is right now is everything so far is tailored to Awakening and Fates when Shadow Dragon was supposed to be on equal footing.

The reason everything is focused on those games is the fact they sold well. That's basically it. They only included Shadow Dragon in there to give minor love to the original game. Trust me, I'm definitely an Awakening fan, I won't deny it has its setbacks, but I still love it, but even I get tired of seeing the Awakening cast and especially the fates cast get in over everyone else Until they throw Cordelia at me to get rid of any complaints.

Yeah this should get back on topic concerning Anna in warriors. So the Ballista huh, seems a little op, I wonder if that's her Musuo?

Just now, LucarioGamer812 said:

The reason everything is focused on those games is the fact they sold well. That's basically it. They only included Shadow Dragon in there to give minor love to the original game. Trust me, I'm definitely an Awakening fan, I won't deny it has its setbacks, but I still love it, but even I get tired of seeing the Awakening cast and especially the fates cast get in over everyone else Until they throw Cordelia at me to get rid of any complaints.

Yeah this should get back on topic concerning Anna in warriors. So the Ballista huh, seems a little op, I wonder if that's her Musuo?

They did sell well and they deserve representation in Warriors.

I think the issue everyone has is that the roster is ludicrously unbalanced against Shadow Dragon, which appears to be a rather unwise decision.

Just now, Emperor Hardin said:

I directly quoted from sources, you relied on assumptions such as Anna not referencing Shadow Dragon in Genealogy of the Holy War, then cried "wah, you elitist" once you couldn't think of a response.

Warriors version of Anna only representing Awakening and Fates is something that is open to criticism and is hardly making up facts outside of your "elitist" delusions.

Except you're putting words in mouth & have done nothing proving otherwise. You're getting offended because over a character that has been always been one noted (which isn't a bad thing but apparently need hidden depth these days) & need to make a claim there's a world difference the old & new. And you still haven't provide any evidence that there is other than Jake & Anna being a couple which can just as applies to Awakening's Anna. But whatever

1 minute ago, Emperor Hardin said:

I think the issue everyone has is that the roster is ludicrously unbalanced against Shadow Dragon, which appears to be a rather unwise decision.

& That sucks. It's unfair but taking out on the 3DS era isn't doing anything end of the day.

You JUST noticed? SD has the smallest cast out of them all, with Fates having the most.