Favorite recruitment theme

Alistair

From that video, Sacred Stones is second to PoR/RD (they are basically the same. If I had to choose, Path of Radiance because I played it first).

However, not mentioned is "A Knight's Oath" (as it is called in Blazing Sword, I think it has a different name in a few of the other games), which is also played during a few recruitments throughout various game. This is probably my favorite, since the recruitments that it played during tended to have a bigger impact on me than the other recruitments. Plus, the song gives me the feeling of pure knightly loyalty, filtered into musical form.

There's something about the Thracia recruitment theme that I like. Maybe it's because it feels so different from most recruitment themes, but it's really good to me all the same. The themes from Genealogy, Echoes, and the classic "Together We Ride" would be my runner-ups.

I think I'm going with Mystery of the Emblem Book 2.

https://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/210-Theme-of-Encounter.mp3

A nice little touch about Mystery of the Emblem is that it uses two different arrangments of the FE1 recruitment theme. While the Book 1 version is energetic and triumphant, the Book 2 version sounds far more darker and downright desperate at times. It makes for a nice contrast, especially considering that the main villain of book 2 is someone for who the upbeat version used to play back in book 1.

For comparison, here is the book 1 version:

https://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/108-Theme-of-Encounter.mp3

Edited by BrightBow

"With Us"/"Stalwarts Unite" is one of my favourite osts in the whole FE saga

in "With Us" trumpets are prominent, while in "Stalwarts Unite" drums are prominent

i love them both, i can't choose one!

23 minutes ago, NoNameAtAll said:

Most of the songs that were in both RD and PoR aren't even 'remade'. To me, they just sound like IS messed with the equalizer.

They probably did. At least for the recruitment theme.

Because the funny thing is, Radiant Dawn did indeed have an all new recruitment theme. It's just never actually used. Here it is if you've never heard it:

https://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/108-Character-Joins.mp3

Sounds pretty good, doesn't it? At least there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it, so it's strange that this theme wasn't used. Of course I can only speculate but maybe they felt like it was awkward to have a fancy new recruitment theme, when these kind of recruitments very rarely happen. I believe it only plays for Meg, Aran and Heather. Everyone else joins without asking or is playable the moment they enter the map.

But whatever the reason may be, chances are the decision to scrap the new theme was made late in development, so they wouldn't have had the time to make a new one.

Edited by BrightBow

Besides the fact that SS is my favorite installment, I do believe it has the best recruitment music. Though I believe most of us here would choose the ones we heard for the first time unless it was just plain bad. Reason being the first time you recruit someone and feel that rush is just something you can't ever replicate. It's a first-time man! 

I always feel like I have a weird answer: Thracia's recruitment theme, because it honestly sounds like they took the best parts of Together we Ride and Comrades and the people behind the soundtrack were having a good day, which is nice to see when Thracia's soundtrack is not as good as Geneology imo.

honestly the most memorable one to me is probably this, although in the remake I think clair was the only character it was used for recruiting

i guess it still counts though? i think it's supposed to be more of a theme for the deliverance there, but I still really like it

i can't really remember many fe songs in general outside of echoes or radiant dawn, but I remember liking the one from sacred stones too

17 hours ago, BrightBow said:

I think I'm going with Mystery of the Emblem Book 2.

https://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/210-Theme-of-Encounter.mp3

A nice little touch about Mystery of the Emblem is that it uses two different arrangments of the FE1 recruitment theme. While the Book 1 version is energetic and triumphant, the Book 2 version sounds far more darker and downright desperate at times. It makes for a nice contrast, especially considering that the main villain of book 2 is someone for who the upbeat version used to play back in book 1.

For comparison, here is the book 1 version:

https://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/108-Theme-of-Encounter.mp3

aren't they just used at different times? i remember when recruiting sirius and ogma, the first version still played

6 minutes ago, unique said:

aren't they just used at different times? i remember when recruiting sirius and ogma, the first version still played

Maybe. I have no admit, it didn't occur to me that both themes might be used in the same book.

Here is what I posted in a prior topic on the same matter:

Comrades sounds nice in composition, but there is unfortunately no high-quality update of it, we only have the original version, which is restrained by the GBA's terrible audio quality.

I haven't played a game with Join Us! And I'm not going to spoil it for myself by listening to it outside of its context. The same for Gaiden's and Thracia's.

Together We Ride, well I think it rarely suits the situations where it plays. Partly this I think is because Smash has made it out to be so much more than it actually is. Not to say that is bad, I still like it very much. SD/NM's version- "Come, Join Us" is the best FE series in-game version. Mystery of the Emblem Book 2's (confusing called Theme of Encounter) version ties for second with Blazing's. The original Dark Dragon and the Blade of Light version (also called Encounter) comes in fourth. The Mystery of the Emblem Book 1 version (also called Theme of Encounter) sounds terribly glitchy on a few notes.

I scarcely recall the recruitment themes for Fates, partly owing to me not wanting to actually read the recruitment conversations in the slightest, but from what I might recall, they were a little more mellow than some of the others.

At the end of this process of deduction- I choose With Us!/Stalwarts Unite!

RD's beta theme is too celebratory, besides being a little cacophonous in how much it includes. It's beta for good reason, it'd be better for victory music right after winning some important battle.