Best in the series, Day 1

Florete

I am starting a day-by-day series in which I choose random categories and you vote for your favorite in the entire Fire Emblem series. At the time of making the next topic (It won't be every day), I will close the previous one and tally the scores, recording the top 3 and posting them along with the next category. My plan for this is to get people over to the Fire Emblem boards a bit more.

Let's kick things off. There will be no polls, as I would forget stuff and miss things since I haven't played every game in the series. The first category is:

Best Prologue/Chapter 1.

My vote: Radiant Dawn's Part 2 Prologue: On Drifting Couds

Your reasons for your vote can be anything at all or nothing at all, but please be somewhat serious about it. Use your own judgement when determining how smart you think your vote is. For this one, only vote for a chapter 1 if a Prologue didn't exist. Parts where the game does a "restart" like FE4's second gen and FE7's chapter 11 count if you want to vote them.

One last thing: I don't have a list of categories. That's where you come in. Along with your vote, it would be nice if you could nominate a category for future use. Anything goes. Best hair, Best *class*, Best *theme* map, Best quotes, Best *weapon* user, Best boss, etc. If you think it's too crazy, post it anyway, and I'll be the judge.

VOTE!

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

All the prologues in RD are pretty awesome, except for Part 4.

My vote goes to Part 3's prologue though. There's nothing more satisfying than getting back the Greil Mercenaries after playing a long time with strangers you've never met before (well, mostly strangers. There were familiar faces in Part 1, and most of them weren't strangers in Part 2).

Plus, The Devoted is an awesome battle song.

And I vote for Best Hair. :D

I think I've seen a topic like this on the FE10 boards on GameFAQs. Cool ^_^

I vote for Genealogy of the Holy War. A huge prologue in which you can kill bandits as much as you want.

I nominate: Cutest character

Best prologue, huh?

On Drifting Clouds is a pretty cool map. It's kind of a shame it's the only map as unique as it is because multiple sky-high battles with shifting cover would be pretty fun.

I'm going with FE7's first chapter for Eliwood (Chapter 11?). It's one of the more simple maps, and everyone has a pretty clear cut role so they are all useful in their own ways. It's hard to pull that off with 7 guys off the bat, because most prologue/chapter 1 maps rarely involve more than a handful of controllable units.

Nomination: Manliest character

On DRIFTING clouds from Part 2 of Radiant Dawn. Flying units FTW

Best Plot Twist!

Indeed i love that battle shame is that there is no other sky fights

FE10's Part 3 Prolouge. You don't even need to fight.

Wimpiest character.

Septimus, that's a no brainer.

Thracia 776

Fight something else than Brigands for the first time in a first chapter in the series.

Rescue a small village.

Get Pugi.

Get Hero Axe.

This.

I nominate... Best motive for evil plan.

Edited by Boo

Hard choice between RD's pt 2 prologue and pt 3 prologue...

I'd have to go with part 3. As already stated, it feels great to be back with the GM's, watching them completly own everything. This was also the start of the game's true awesomness.

I nominate favourite 'Est' character or favourite pre-premote.