Micaiah

On my most recent playthrough, I never got Micaiah's level maxed out. However, she had 40 Resistance, 40 Magic, and 23 Defense (Rexaura). She also had 41 HP.

Micaiah seems like crap, but is actually a powerhouse with surprisingly high attack and defense (at least for me.)

The bad news? I don't know about you, but my Micaiah ended up with 16 speed >_>

Yeah Micaiah is quite a good unit. She starts off pretty weak but she does become useful in the game. Especially with the special spell Thani, she is useful for killing horseback units and armoured knights.

She capped everything on alot of my playthrough when she is a level twenty Light Priestess.

Though she promotes to third tier I think a bit too late in the game which makes it a pain to level her up.

Micaiah just needed to be in more chapters. While she got one part, one fifth of another part and a third of the last part, she only has five (out of 22?) chapters at second tier and doesn't even have access to the swamp chapter in Part 4 (I usually put the DB in there. They go from mid-second tier to third tier in just a few turns.) to bump her level up. She's only really useful during the desert chapter (if you get somebody who can fly to pick up the Black Knight before he steals your Exp) simply because she has full movement there.

Edited by Allan's Aokage

Micaiah is the only unit who has capped all stats for me.

Really? I've had plenty of units that have capped for me.

But then again I have a broken save file from Por.

Anyway, Micaiah isn't bad, just restricted. If she was able to promote at any point, her short comings wouldn't be nearly as bad. And the only important stat she really lacks in is speed. Which will fix itself eventually. If it's not RNG screwed.

Pretty much what Boo said.

The fact she one-shots horses and armors throughout the entire game is a major plus. She also doesn't have to actually use a staff to make use of it (half the time, just equipping it and then doing Sacrifice is enough because the staff will regenerate her HP on your next turn), which is nice for saving you a few quid.

Micaiah's mediocre speed, shit defense, and her playtime prevents me from seeing how she isn't terrible. Only thing going for her is Thani.

She isn't terrible by any means. She has amazing magic, luck, and resistance, and decent skill so she's very accurate. Thani will one-shot any mounted or armored enemy, even bosses, and she gets two of them. Staves on promotion at C level makes her a great healer as well, and Sacrifice can be useful for spreading experience between her and Laura. Auto A support with Sothe makes things even better.

Who ever said Micaiah was bad? All she really has against her is speed. Her defense and HP can be shaky too, but whatever. Thani is h4x to the max, thus so is Micaiah. Really, whoever thinks Micaiah sucks suck themselves.

I find her to be the worst lord ever. Mostly due to her availability and lack of speed and hp/defense (meaning neither avoid nor defense will save her from a hit). She did do phenomenal on my last playthrough, but that was due to luck.

Who ever said Micaiah was bad? All she really has against her is speed. Her defense and HP can be shaky too, but whatever. Thani is h4x to the max, thus so is Micaiah. Really, whoever thinks Micaiah sucks suck themselves.

It's going to take more than a good spell to make her h4x. You're going to have to keep her behind the front lines for most of the time, because she's so damn fragile. She's quite possibly the worst lord in the entire series. High magic, luck and resistance and an automatic support with Sothe aren't good enough to make up for her downsides.

Edited by Roserade

It's going to take more than a good spell to make her h4x. You're going to have to keep her behind the front lines for most of the time, because she's so damn fragile. She's quite possibly the worst lord in the entire series. High magic, luck and resistance and an automatic support with Sothe aren't good enough to make up for her downsides.

Isn't that what you have to do with most magic users? But, unlike some of them, she can deal massive damage and often one-shot enemies.

I find her to be the worst lord ever. Mostly due to her availability and lack of speed and hp/defense (meaning neither avoid nor defense will save her from a hit). She did do phenomenal on my last playthrough, but that was due to luck.

IMO, the title of "Worst Lord Ever" is reserved for Eliwood, a subar sword user with crap stats all around.

Micaiah is a great tank. She dents everything that isn't in armor (which she kills every time), and around the final levels (namely against Spirits), Micaiah and Sanaki are literally untouchable, and still dish out loads of damage.

I smell a possible lord debate!

No! We are NOT debating it! Eliwood blows Micaiah! >:o

Eliwood also look totally gay. He's just plain outclassed by everything. Even Serra is a better sword person than Eliwood.

IMO, the title of "Worst Lord Ever" is reserved for Eliwood, a subar sword user with crap stats all around.

Micaiah is a great tank. She dents everything that isn't in armor (which she kills every time), and around the final levels (namely against Spirits), Micaiah and Sanaki are literally untouchable, and still dish out loads of damage.

I laughed through this whole post. XD

Eliwood is actually one of the better Lords in the series. He gains a horse, and lances upon promotion, and his stats can get rather high. 52 HP and 24 Str? Yes please.

Look up the definition of a Tank. A Tank is a unit that has very high defense, while a Magic Tank has very high Res. Micaiah has niether. Light magic is rather pathetic compared to other forms of magic and her very low speed isn't complementing that. She's not a bad lord. She's just not the greatest ever. (Sigurd says hello!) Sanaki is a terrible unit, as she has pathetic Str (Lower AS), and can barely wield Rexflame if you get lucky. Her Magic caps quickly, but it's wasted if you can't double.