Holy war banner

JDtheBA

14 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

If the dancer banner is something to go by I won't get Deirdre (damn you green hell!), but there's a good chance I'll get Sigurd and Tailtiu. For some reason I believe Tailtiu is going to have high speed, high res, awful def, decent Hp and below average/low atk because that's how every Tailtiu I've used in Genealogy turned out but I hope to be proved wrong with her.

Looking at her growth rates in Genealogy, I feel like she'll be very similar to Tharja; very good Spd, mixed but overall kinda poor Def and Res, and respectable Atk and HP. Although if they go off of her base stats as well, then her Res will probably be a lot higher than her Def.

Oh boy, if she ends up being a blue Katarina... I don't know if I'll be able to handle missing her.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Prince Endriu said:

Paralell universes or time teavel could make it work

We have parallel universes and time travel, but the problem is that from the most logical standpoint, any parallel universe you are summoning an Alfonse, Sharena, or Anna from is the universe that is on another player's account due to the fact that, unlike all of the other characters, the three of them reside permanently in Zenith.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

So if I counted that all right, then Narcian can reach a max of +4 and f!Robin can reach a max of +5.

Right. It was Robin that has +5 as a maximum and not Narcian.

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

Maybe with the conclusion of the current Story line and start of Season 2.0 the 3 Askr units get a promotion with the Brave Hero Treatment!?

Which prolly would be the best way to kick of a new Season with a new mechanic: Promotions into Brave Heros from older characters. And you basicly just doubled the Char roster!

Sounds like fanciful thinking to me.

12 hours ago, eclipse said:

So, Sully?  Sapphire Lance + Swordbreaker is absolute overkill on most swordies.  We'll have to see what Sigurd looks like.  I suspect he'll be nearly as busted as his FE4 incarnation.

Or Subaki. Nobody remembers Subaki... :p

Azura and Oscar would just need to inherit Swordbreaker or QR, but Sigurd might be slow enough all four of them could double him without Swordbreaker or counter-double him with QR. Anyway, thinking about it now, the three heroes makes sense, sort of, with the upcoming Holy War banner.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

So if I counted that all right, then Narcian can reach a max of +4 and f!Robin can reach a max of +5.

You forgot the free twitter Narcian given out a while back. Narcian is at max +5.

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Heck, even FGO has a means for the free story character to max out (her Noble Phantasm, which is normally tied to the equivalent of merges, levels up as you complete the story because it makes no sense to summon duplicates of her in the same way that it makes no sense to summon duplicates of Alfonse, Sharena, and Anna), and event-limited characters always have a means to obtain enough copies of the character to max out during the same event that implements the character, usually by completing additional challenge missions.

Technically she can only get to NP3 right now, but your point still stands as there's still the other half of Epic of Remnant and then Part 2 to go.

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I have no idea where you got that idea from. With the exception of the siblings banners, there's been a fairly consistent pattern with characters with more valuable skills being the ones that remained five-star exclusive.

I meant on the Banner reveal videos, for 4 unit banners, the second and third units shown would get the demotion and for 3 unit banners, the second unit shown would be 4*.  It fits for recent Banners, but I'd have to look to see if the pattern held all the way back.

17 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I meant on the Banner reveal videos, for 4 unit banners, the second and third units shown would get the demotion and for 3 unit banners, the second unit shown would be 4*.  It fits for recent Banners, but I'd have to look to see if the pattern held all the way back.

I looked into that once and it didn't hold up. I think Mist was an exception at the time I checked, and since then, we've had both the Alm and Celica Army banners drop their first units: Mathilda and Leon.

Edited by Othin

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

I looked into that once and it didn't hold up. I think Mist was an exception at the time I checked, and since then, we've had both the Alm and Celica Army banners drop their first units: Mathilda and Leon.

Thanks for checking that.  I guess people were just looking for patterns where they weren't.  It looks like Tiltyu might be our most likely candidate, but I hope it's Diedre.  Have they datamined the stats?

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Thanks for checking that.  I guess people were just looking for patterns where they weren't.  It looks like Tiltyu might be our most likely candidate, but I hope it's Diedre.  Have they datamined the stats?

Dierdre is like 99.9% likely to stay 5*. The only banner characters with legendary weapons who've dropped to 4* were Eirika, Seliph, and Reinhardt over the course of the first two banners, and in those cases all the characters that stayed 5* had legendary weapons as well, just because there were so many of them.

I have the Feeling that Alvis might be the First Red Tome user that can counter Reinhardt. Oh the joy if he becomes a Reinhardt counter as a Red Tome user just like Sigurd is a Reinhardt counter but as a Red Sword user. IS has been introducing lately some Reinhardt counters: B!Ike, Deflect Magic, Inigo (Indirectly), Deflect Magic, now Deirdre and Sigurd. Air sure is getting thin up there Reinhardt.

All IS needs to do now is introduce a Lance/Blue Tome user that can counter Reinhardt hard on Enemy Phase, then we can proceed to Eliminate BLyn :X

How is Sigurd supposed to get barbequed if his gimmick is being resistant to magic?  Maybe Valflame will have a Bonus against first gen FE4 units.

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

How is Sigurd supposed to get barbequed if his gimmick is being resistant to magic?  Maybe Valflame will have a Bonus against first gen FE4 units.

Valflame: "Ignores Res and any passive effects of anyone with blue hair on a horse named Sigurd."

A meta-breaking effect, for sure.

In seriousness though, Tyrfing did increase Res in both Genealogy and Awakening, so I imagine it's them just being true to gameplay instead of lore. We still don't even know if his real Res stat is any good in Heroes, so Arvis may still get to have that family cookout he's been planning. I hear he's celebrating his recent marriage, and she'll be the guest of honor at the event.

Edited by DefaultBeep

Diedre's hair looks like me after not washing her hair for like a week.

6 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Valflame: "Ignores Res and any passive effects of anyone with blue hair on a horse named Sigurd."

A meta-breaking effect, for sure.

In seriousness though, Tyrfing did increase Res in both Genealogy and Awakening, so I imagine it's them being true to gameplay instead of lore. We still don't even know if his real Res stat is any good in Heroes, so Arvis may still get to have that family cookout he's been planning. I hear he's celebrating his recent marriage, and she'll be the guest of honor at the event.

Once you go brother, you don't want another.

Late to the party but siguards set looks insane, -50% damage on the first magic attack targeted, -80% on any follow ups at two range and to top that off he has close defence, what range are you even supposed to hit him from, also deirdre might be more anti rein than even Julia 

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Once you go brother, you don't want another.

You have no idea how badly I want that to be one of Deirdre's voiced lines now.

It's too bad Tailtiu will probably be taken from before the end of Gen 1. It would've been interesting to see/hear some of her dialogue from when she sinks into depression after suffering from the constant abuse and torture directed toward her and her daughter, all at the hands of her own family.

FE4 is a fun game.

19 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

How is Sigurd supposed to get barbequed if his gimmick is being resistant to magic?

I get that you are forcing an unfunny joke, but still: Sigurd would have had chance against Arvis if he fought back.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Let him walk into Nowi and die. Tyrfing only works against tomes, not staves or breath weapons.

Oh my, I wasn't aware of that. And here I thought they were making him a Manakete counter with that Close Defense. Another case of the English translation not being fully accurate, I assume? It seems to only specify users attacking with magic, not tomes exclusively.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I get that you are forcing an unfunny joke, but still: Sigurd would have had chance against Arvis if he fought back.

In Sigurd's defense, it's probably hard to fight back when he's too busy being shocked to see his captured wife with someone he thought was his friend. Especially after the time gap between the beginning of Chapter 3 and the end of Chapter 5. But that's what giving him Iceberg is for!

4 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

In Sigurd's defense, it's probably hard to fight back when he's too busy being shocked to see his captured wife with someone he thought was his friend.

Exactly.

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

Oh my, I wasn't aware of that. And here I thought they were making him a Manakete counter with that Close Defense. Another case of the English translation not being fully accurate, I assume? It seems to only specify users attacking with magic, not tomes exclusively.

If I recall correctly, neither the Japanese nor the English text ever refers to weapon types as "physical" or "magic" and rather by the weapon type themselves ("sword", "lance", "axe", "bow", "dagger", "tome" or "magic", "staff", "breath" or "dragon") or by the weapon's range.

As for Close Defense, Close Defense doesn't activate when the unit that has it initiates combat.

23 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Late to the party but siguards set looks insane, -50% damage on the first magic attack targeted, -80% on any follow ups at two range and to top that off he has close defence, what range are you even supposed to hit him from?

Wait for them to introduce Longbows with 3 range.

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Wait for them to introduce Longbows with 3 range.

And finally we get the Balistican class, they can equip 3-range bow's but for move are counted as armour