From Behind the Visor

The Blind Archer

Huh. Looks like I was hit pretty hard by that server thing as well.

... eh, too lazy to figure out what I posted between then and now, so you get some Toon Link instead.

ToonLink.png

That.... is.... GREAT!!! Seriously, Toon Link's awesome. You should do a Twilight Princess Link...

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... eh, too lazy to figure out what I posted between then and now, so you get some Toon Link instead.

ToonLink.png

Hmm, I dont know what word that fits this sprite except "perfect".

Edited by Sulley

• 2 weeks later...
*gasp* he did too! Is there anything you can't do?

Work with proportions. It's why my portraits don't go below the shoulders or draw on a regular basis.

Speaking of which, here's another headshot done with pencil and paper. I've got a case of spriter's block, so I figured I may as well continuing trying to develop a drawing style until it goes away.

scan080.jpg

I hate eyes and ears. ><

*starts experimenting with different thread titles*

Edited by The Blind Archer

ToonLink.png

thats pretty badass! I kinda gave up on spriting lately. i should really give it a whack again!

Also drawing is good!

Work with proportions. It's why my portraits don't go below the shoulders or draw on a regular basis.

Speaking of which, here's another headshot done with pencil and paper. I've got a case of spriter's block, so I figured I may as well continuing trying to develop a drawing style until it goes away.

scan080.jpg

I hate eyes and ears. ><

*starts experimenting with different thread titles*

THe chin looks a little unnatural.

THe chin looks a little unnatural.
Looks perfectly fine to me in terms of actually making a chin. Probably the only thing wrong with it is that it's not Marth's chin, but rather looks like it belongs to Cain.

Mouth is a little wide, but maybe that's because he pretty much copied Eliwood's face onto Marth, heh.

I'm making a point to avoid plus-size eyes as much as I can, thanks. Most of my drawing as of late uses a reference and grids for proportions (the reference in this case being a mix of my own portrait of him and the OA). For the time being, I'm trying to develop a style more than anything.

But, I won't deny. I've always had trouble with faces, especially since I tend to wind up erasing one detail at least 50 times before it even looks half right. :/

You know when they say that you're getting a big head?

Yeah, Marth looks like he'd get that a lot :/

Gee, you're as helpful as ever. -_-

Gee, you're as helpful as ever.
My edit above is supposed to help address this by having better feature placement. I don't care if you use smaller eyes (which is why I used red in the first place, to show an example and not make the picture for you).

Looks perfectly fine to me in terms of actually making a chin. Probably the only thing wrong with it is that it's not Marth's chin, but rather looks like it belongs to Cain.

Mouth is a little wide, but maybe that's because he pretty much copied Eliwood's face onto Marth, heh.

That's what I meant.

... blah. I've got a pretty bad case of Spriter's Block right now. I'm starting to have trouble gettin' rid of it.

Anyway, felt like making the Emerald PT.

brendanwip.png

For whatever reason, I kept feeling like I was working on MK's personal portrait from his FE7 hack the whole time.

Edit: Grammar error? What grammar error? ;>>

Thats pretty nice! i cant see anything wrong there other than his eyebrows seem a bit out of place due simply to color but other than that, awesome as usual! :D

• 4 weeks later...

Lets see, it was about three years ago that I made one of my more recognizable pieces.

I think it's seen enough miles to warrant a complete overhaul in almost every aspect.

halberdier.png

Introducing Halberdier 2.0. Semi-custom, and going for an original design rather than just another FE10 Halb in an Ephraim pose.

And for comparison purposes, here it is next to the preceding class.

halberdier.png

Edit: And to answer your next question, yes, there will be a sheet.

... eventually.

• 3 months later...