Which character do you wanna play as?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Character

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

Oboro for me. Even if Team Takumi is doomed to forever remain woefully incomplete, at least we'll have most of it present. Can't wait to use her for shredding fools both Nohrian and otherwise.

It seems. . .we are on opposite sides.  Oboro had some cool animations (especially her face), but it doesn't beat out Niles' antics~!

45 minutes ago, eclipse said:

It seems. . .we are on opposite sides.  Oboro had some cool animations (especially her face), but it doesn't beat out Niles' antics~!

That's fine, I just don't think I need another archer when my two favourites already cover both physical and magical bow damage (with Sakura already being the perfect support). What could Niles hope to add gameplay wise?

22 minutes ago, Nanima said:

That's fine, I just don't think I need another archer when my two favourites already cover both physical and magical bow damage (with Sakura already being the perfect support). What could Niles hope to add gameplay wise?

An actual Strength stat + staff use.

45 minutes ago, eclipse said:

An actual Strength stat + staff use.

When your main units include Lianna, Hinoka and Lissa, you don't need another physical staff user. It's great if he is a good addition to your team but he is just superfluous for me. 

Owain, because he is going to own with a lightning-elemental playstyle regardless of whether he uses Ryoma's moveset (which is what I expect, along with a high Magic stat to be the magical counterpart to Ryoma) or not.

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

When your main units include Lianna, Hinoka and Lissa, you don't need another physical staff user. It's great if he is a good addition to your team but he is just superfluous for me. 

Ooh, Lianna gets staves~!  That'll help.

Of the rest, Hinoka is dead, and Lissa's damage output is suspect because my axe drop rate is abysmal.  My bows, on the other hand, are awesome.  Thus, Niles would be perfect for my needs~!

16 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Of the rest, Hinoka is dead, and Lissa's damage output is suspect because my axe drop rate is abysmal.  My bows, on the other hand, are awesome.  Thus, Niles would be perfect for my needs~!

Seems we got a classic player over here. Yea. having more staff units never hurts in situations like that.

Hard choice for me, there are a lot of them I am looking forward to playing. Especially if the NPCs get a unique moveset for being paid DLC, which I can see happening, especially with Owain being as far out release date wise as he is. Of the top ones though:

Azura. Cant wait to play her, I am curious how they will handle all the dancer aspects and the lance wielding. I think she can be a really unique character on the roster. Promotion will be interesting as well.

Oboro: Infantry lance user. I love playing as those types, so this works for me. Cant wait to see what her moveset will be.

Tharja: Our first dark mage. This is going to be interesting, I am loving all the mages so far. Each and every one of them have been fun to play as, so I am hopeful for Tharja. Linde to a lesser extent as well, even if I dont know her character all that well.

Navarre: I like his design, and I want to see how they build off of the dual wielding like they did with Lyn. That and I want to see what promotion they come up with here.

Minerva: I love Wyverns, but unfortunately I just cant use Camilla. Her constant laugh she uses in combat drives me insane, so I have kept her as an NPC. Hoping Minerva doesnt have an annoying sound effect that will drive me insane.

Olivia: I am really curious where they will go here. Considering she was rather non combat oriented in Awakening without grinding and reclassing, they have a good bit of freedom to do as they want here.

8 hours ago, eclipse said:

Lissa's damage output should become pretty high once she gets her personal skill, Strength +10.

Azura for me. 

I think she will have an interesting moveset, besides being my favorite character and everything. Yeah, I'm very much waiting for her. (Can December come any sooner?)

If anything, I'll be trying every DLC character, some will get few playtime and then some will be played a lot like Azura, she will be my main and I plan on having an Azura only run of everything, when I can get her to that point. It's kinda like how I'm treating Sakura right now, playing her in everything that I can. She's my first max level character. lol

But yeah, I'm waiting, I kinda want to see how Niles turns out. I just love his personality~

Azura because we can really use a ground based lancer in this game. Honestly I don't expect much from her dancer aspect, much like Ceclia's mage aspect is just so visual flare for her specials. Still, I like Azura so I'm looking forward to her.

Niles! If you guys knew me for a long enough time, I was known as the Niles girl on the FE subreddit because I had him as my flair. He's also one of the only Fates characters I legitimately like in Warriors.

I see a lot of Niles excitement in here.

I want to look forward to him, but I don't really care for his VA in this game. I wish they had brought the original Fates VA back for him. (Same goes for Xander and Hinoka. At least Niles isn't as bad as those two)

Edited by Alkaid

56 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I see a lot of Niles excitement in here.

I want to look forward to him, but I don't really care for his VA in this game. I wish they had brought the original Fates VA back for him. (Same goes for Xander and Hinoka. At least Niles isn't as bad as those two)

It's funny that his original voice actor is also Takumi's voice actor, Roger Rose. They still share a voice actor with Michael Sinterniklaas (who voiced Dean from Venture Bros, Leonardo from 2003's TNMT, Mahad/Dark Magician from Yu-Gi-Oh!, etc), who has taken over the voice roles.

But if they do bring back original VA's, it's a yes or a no or a maybe situation, if the original voice actors will return for them. Also Xander still has his original voice actor. It's just David Stanbra, goes by and is credited by many names,
  Nigel Oakenshield in Fates and George Spelvin in Heroes. 

4 hours ago, nocturnal YL said:

Azura, because lancer on foot. I suppose Oboro fits the bill too, but Azura seems to have more potential for character-specific moves.

The fact that there is none until the DLC hits is a pretty glaring hole in the game's design. Pegs are so weird to play, it's weird that it's the only anti-sword person you can play as.

1 hour ago, Legend_of_Zelia said:

It's funny that his original voice actor is also Takumi's voice actor, Roger Rose. They still share a voice actor with Michael Sinterniklaas (who voiced Dean from Venture Bros, Leonardo from 2003's TNMT, Mahad/Dark Magician from Yu-Gi-Oh!, etc), who has taken over the voice roles.

But if they do bring back original VA's, it's a yes or a no or a maybe situation, if the original voice actors will return for them. Also Xander still has his original voice actor. It's just David Stanbra, goes by and is credited by many names,
  Nigel Oakenshield in Fates and George Spelvin in Heroes. 

Xander's really the same? That's a surprise, since he sounds very different here to me compared to Fates. It's like the quality of his VA work for him dropped if it's really the same actor. I thought his VA in Fates was good, but here he sounds like he's reading lines off a paper and forcing his voice to sound like it does. 

Not to be pessimistic; but I wouldn’t expect ANY unique move sets for any of these characters. Here’s what I think is going to be recycled. I hope I am wrong but will laugh and requote this if I’m right here goes:

Azura/Oboro (the only time I think a new moveset will be introduced.)

Niles/Takumi/Sakura/Anna (obvious to everyone)

Navarre/Lyn (also a given)

Minerva/Camilla (duh)

Owain/Ryoma (pretty obvious too)

Linde/Tharja/Robin (Validar, Iago, and Gharnef borrow attacks from Robin. Don’t count on Tharja being that much of a different dark mage aside from specials.)

Olivia/Marth/Celica (kind of a stretch but out of all the currently existing movesets, I could see her with this one the most if they don’t make her an archer or another Oboro.)

That said, I’m looking forward to Oboro. I always thought she was cool. No other reason.

54 minutes ago, Rayhaku808 said:

Not to be pessimistic; but I wouldn’t expect ANY unique move sets for any of these characters. Here’s what I think is going to be recycled. I hope I am wrong but will laugh and requote this if I’m right here goes:

Azura/Oboro (the only time I think a new moveset will be introduced.)

Niles/Takumi/Sakura/Anna (obvious to everyone)

Navarre/Lyn (also a given)

Minerva/Camilla (duh)

Owain/Ryoma (pretty obvious too)

Linde/Tharja/Robin (Validar, Iago, and Gharnef borrow attacks from Robin. Don’t count on Tharja being that much of a different dark mage aside from specials.)

Olivia/Marth/Celica (kind of a stretch but out of all the currently existing movesets, I could see her with this one the most if they don’t make her an archer or another Oboro.)

That said, I’m looking forward to Oboro. I always thought she was cool. No other reason.

As much as I respect people who try not to get their hopes up, jesus christ.

First of all, relating Tharja to Validar and his ilk is a huge stretch, since those were tacked on just so that history mode could have villains. She's a new character. Secondly, you are suggesting that one of the packs has significantly more content than the other three, which IS would not do.

Worst case scenario: There's one new moveset per pack.