What Fire Emblem game do you recommend the most to a newcomer?

Log Man™

I'd recommend either Awakening because of casual mode (it was my first game and the idea of permadeath was very intimidating to me so I liked having the option to turn it off) or Blazing Sword because of Lyn's story being a tutorial and explaining things like the weapon triangle. Sacred Stones might also be a good choice because you can level grind and even if you don't it isn't very difficult.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
On 10/24/2017 at 11:25 PM, Log Man™ said:

It's fine that you call me a newbie; since I really don't care what people call me. Also, thank you for the compliment on my profile pic. or username, whether ironic or not. This username and picture came about from a game of pretend you're xyzzy.

Yeah, I don't think newbie it's actually an insult either, it's just it became as such popularly. N00b on the other hand..... Anyway, I'm gonna recommend by experience two of such I have played that I think are the most newcomer-friendly:

Awakening: While FE has been popular for a while, but this one gave FE a more mainstream status. Gameplay-wise, it starts easy enough, but gets rather tough late game, not to mention the noticeable difficulty spikes at points. But it holds your hand long enough before the hard stuff happens. Another thing that helps for novices, is the Casual Mode, where every non protagonist fallen unit ain't perma-death, which the franchise is well known for

Sacred Stones: Personally, this is the easiest Fire Emblem I've played so far, with it's only point against it is the lack of Casual Mode. This one starts a bit tough at first, but you quickly get to a point where you can just level-grind, and many recruitable units are pretty decent, so you may actually have a harder time picking what characters to take to battle XD