Aside from Fjorm, should heroes add more original characters as playable units?

MetalAmethyst

Aside from Fjorm, should Heroes add more original characters as playable units?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. More original characters?

• Yay
    • Nay

I think there are allready plenty, they just havent been made available via GHB, besides the Askar Trio needs an update to keep up with the new units.

Veronica
Zacharias
Alfonse
Sharena
Anna (well not really new)
Fjorm
Surtr
Loki
and someone else

Thats quite alot of chars, they just need some GHB to become playable

I was actually expecting for Veronica and Zacharias a GHB as a grand finale before the Book I ended and them joining us as Vanilla units just like the Askar Trio.

I like the first lot of original characters, although found myself disappointed by the second lot. Wouldn't mind some more, though, at a later stage :)

As for the current ones, I really hope Masked Man joins us in the very least. I've been hoping for him for a while and he wasn't in the opening credits of Book 2 ^.^

I was counting on Bruno becoming playable at some point. And since he doesn't appear in the Book 2 movie, I have to wonder what sort of role is planned for him. I like to think that curse of his was granting him most of his power across story chapters. So if that curse was cured, it would make gameplay sense for him to join you as a measly two star. Veronica would have been cool too, but it feels a little late now that her Tome now exists as an inheritable weapon through Halloween Henry.

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

I was counting on Bruno becoming playable at some point. And since he doesn't appear in the Book 2 movie, I have to wonder what sort of role is planned for him. I like to think that curse of his was granting him most of his power across story chapters. So if that curse was cured, it would make gameplay sense for him to join you as a measly two star. Veronica would have been cool too, but it feels a little late now that her Tome now exists as an inheritable weapon through Halloween Henry.

Halloween Henry's weapon is Spectral Tome. Veronica's is Élivágar. They're not the same.

10 minutes ago, MetalAmethyst said:

Halloween Henry's weapon is Spectral Tome. Veronica's is Élivágar. They're not the same.

They're not. But them having the same effect is why I said it feels a little late. Spectral Tome can even be seen as an improved version since it works on enemy phase.

Sure, I don't mind. I think the OCs get an unfair amount of flak, but I've liked them for the most part so far. I think we'll probably get Bruno in the second part of the story given his suspicious absence from the trailer.

14 minutes ago, MetalAmethyst said:

They have the same effect (inverting buffs into debuffs for a turn) although Spectral Tome works on all phases and only a 2 Attack difference, they're practically the same weapon as far as the mechanics go.

Edited by Azure Sen

1 minute ago, Azure Sen said:

They have the same effect (inverting buffs into debuffs for a turn) although Spectral Tome works on all phases and only a 2 Attack difference, they're practically the same weapon as far as the mechanics go.

Oh. My apologies.

2 hours ago, Azure Sen said:

…they're practically the same weapon as far as the mechanics go.

Except Henry’s is obviously better.

But Veronica is an undisputed cinnamon roll, so it more than balances out.

Yeah, sure, why not. I mean, I wouldn't want to be flooded with new original characters, but as a fan of FEH's story and characters, I wouldn't might having a few new ones show up/join at the start of a new book, like they're doing with Book II. Helps keep the story fresh.

2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

They're not. But them having the same effect is why I said it feels a little late. Spectral Tome can even be seen as an improved version since it works on enemy phase.

This wouldn't be hard to fix.

Invent an excuse that allows the Elivagar to get a power boost. Maybe Veronica stops being evil and the removal of the taint of evil lets Elivagar's true power shine through. Or maybe she extracts power from the Fire Kingdom or a bunch of collected FE artifacts and using it upgrades her old book. 

Either way, it'd justify giving her tome a new and better effect, plus the tacking on of an adjective to the Elivagar's name. How about something Norse mythological that's hard to pronounce? That way we can bite our tongues trying to say it. Or mistype it ten different ways online.

29 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Or mistype it ten different ways online.

This almost feels like a passive aggressive attack on my humble feline person, even though it most certainly isn’t. (ð is Alt+Num0240)

I'm leaning no. Although I don't have anything against the OCs (on the contrary, Alfonse is one of my favorite units), I don't play Heroes for the OCs; I play for the established characters. Only a tiny fraction of playable FE characters are currently in the game, so I'd rather have existing FE characters prioritized over OCs.

You would have to train them up for missions eventually, so I don't know, although I like having more free units anyways so why not. They would have to be free like Alfonse, Sharena, and Anna I mean.

Edited by Logos

11 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I don't play Heroes for the OCs; I play for the established characters. 

This right here.

Although the Askr trio is nicely designed and can carry this game. the newer characters dont do anything for me.