Would You Buy Lego Fire Emblem Sets?

Von Ithipathachai

Would You Buy Lego Fire Emblem Sets?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you do it?

• Yes
    • No

qxD50.gif

I haven't bought Lego sets in a long time but i'd totally buy Lego Fire Emblem sets. And hey, if they make a Lego Fire Emblem game in the style of Lego Star Wars, i'd totally buy it.

Yes, especially since I've seen some custom lego ones while browsing through fanart (most notable echoes ones). I've seen some custom lego figures (most notably star wars ones), and there's at least 1-2 companies that make really top quality custom figures, so I'm just saying if I had that kind of technology I would definitely make them, that's just me though.

For my kids if I had any. And they'd say "Thanks, dad, but didn't they have any star wars?"

Now a Lego Fire emblem video game, I'd play that. Those are jolly games. And already known for being able to play as hundreds of characters with simplistic movesets and abilities.

Hm…I think it would depend on a couple factors.

First, are we talking your average LEGO set, or are we talking BIONICLE/Hero Factory style sets? Having a BIONICLE-sized Black Knight to duke it out with my Toa and Heroes would honestly be really cool, at least for me, while I'm not as into the regular LEGOs.

Second, if we're talking average LEGO set, what scenes with what characters from what games would be represented? I'll admit I'm kind of with Anacybele here - if we only get Awakening/Fates stuff, I'd pick up Minifigures of Cordelia, Sakura, and maybe Camilla, and that would be it. If it's more focused on major scenes involving the characters from Smash, meaning I could find, say, Ike V Black Knight, Roy V Idunn/Zephiel/Narcian(let's be real, a Narcian Minifigure is the REAL reason any of us would be interested in this), Lyn/Eliwood/Hector V Nergal, etc., I would be much more on board with the concept.

Finally, which LEGO-esque company would we be talking about? LEGO itself is most likely to sell, but I don't think I'd like most of the characters transformed into Minifigures. Mega Bloks' figure style would fit more for me, but I don't think I'd like a Camilla one of those.

As the guy who made three such LEGO Fire Emblem sets and put them on LEGO Ideas, I think my answer is obvious: no (I'm just kidding; yes, obviously). 

Honestly, I would be fine with standard LEGO sets based on Fire Emblem, but BIONICLE-like ones would be cool as well. 

I understand the concern that only Awakening/Fates sets would happen; my three sets that I made were 1 Awakening and 2 Fates (1. The premonition chapter where Chrom and Robin confront Validar. 2. The scene in Fates where Corrin first meets Azura. 3. The theatre where Azura dances in Birthright and Conquest). That being said, I do not think that's guaranteed. I mean; there'll be a new game for the Switch, and Ike is extremely popular thanks mostly to Smash Bros. Plus, there's been lots of backlash at both FE crossover games for doing that.

I honestly would absolutely love to see LEGO Fire Emblem.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Unless I had kids I just couldn't justify buying lego. Stuffs way too expensive.

27 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

No but I would be very tempted to do so. They are just so expensive.

This. I might shell out for a set I REALLY like, but I couldn't afford to be a collector.

2 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

First, are we talking your average LEGO set, or are we talking BIONICLE/Hero Factory style sets? Having a BIONICLE-sized Black Knight to duke it out with my Toa and Heroes would honestly be really cool, at least for me, while I'm not as into the regular LEGOs.

Honestly? I might scream for this if they handle it well. I mean, I never bothered with the Star Wars ones because of the style clash with bonkles; if they fixed it and a massive set like Sirius on a horse or, yes, BK (despite my lack of connection to Tellius) would happen, I might just jump on that. Not like horses happened when Bionicle was running.

If I ever shelled out for Legos again, I would go for the 450 piece bucket of just basic 2x2 and 2x4 colored blocks. That would be a serious way to re-live my childhood. I don't really get the point of mini-figure ans theme-sets, I mean doing it blocky lets you do anything- houses, people , animals.  Granted that if you wanted "detail" you would have to increase the scale of how many blocks you used, but for me, just making something into the shape of what you wanted was always enough.

6 minutes ago, Reality said:

If I ever shelled out for Legos again, I would go for the 450 piece bucket of just basic 2x2 and 2x4 colored blocks. That would be a serious way to re-live my childhood. I don't really get the point of mini-figure ans theme-sets, I mean doing it blocky lets you do anything- houses, people , animals.  Granted that if you wanted "detail" you would have to increase the scale of how many blocks you used, but for me, just making something into the shape of what you wanted was always enough.

Well, I definitely see that.

On the other hand, it doesn't prevent me from using the theme set with other lego sets. That's why I can live with the possibility of a set existing.

Of course, I grew up in the period when Lego shifted from focusing on generic boxes that are open on what you do with them to primarily theme sets.

As long as stepping barefooted on the Lego Falchion in the middle of the night doesn't cause permadeath. 

I don't buy legos, but it'd be a nice idea. Has Pokemon, Zelda or Mario had lego sets yet? FE couldn't get them before these three.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As long as stepping barefooted on the Lego Falchion in the middle of the night doesn't cause permadeath. 

As long as you're not a dragon or a god you're probably fine.

Also at present Lego haven't. Mega Bloks did some, but it didn't have much presence outside of Asia and it's had no sets since 2008. Here's a set list.

Edited by Dayni

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thank you once more. Also,

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Also at present Lego haven't. Mega Bloks did some, but it didn't have much presence outside of Asia and it's had no sets since 2008. Here's a set list.

I actually found LEGO-esque Pokemon sets at GameStop last week when I went to get FEW. There was a Squirtle and a Charizard, neither set was official LEGOs, but close enough.

Also I miss those old Pokemon sets, I had 3503 and 3501 from that link and those were some of the most enjoyable LEGO sets I've ever had.

Edited by SoulWeaver

Nanoblock did some Pokemon too. But yeah, that's not Lego.

Anyways, echoing what a few others have said, I love the idea, bu I'm not sure how well Fire Emblem would translate to a traditional theme set. They could make minifigures for various characters easily enough. But what about locations? I can think of castles, ruins, and sailing ships. Perhaps catapults or dragons. I guess I'm having trouble picturing it. But maybe I'm just not being creative.

Edited by lyscalibur

Id prefer megablox oddly enough, I think they have the much better collector sets between their Halo, Warcraft, and Destiny stuff. A lot more detail is put into the pieces, especially the minifigs, which would look a lot better as a collector's piece than Lego.

But other than that, yes. I collect them when I have the money. Havent bought any in a few years, but FE sets would definitely tempt me.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh heck yes! I've always been a fan of Lego, and have desperately wished for Nintendo sets to be released since, well, forever. So while I probably wouldn't buy everything, I would still buy some for the sake of owning them and the minifigures.

Edited by Rex Glacies