Favorite of each Class/Criteria: Fates Edition

Doodlebug Four

Which of the following characters do you overall like the most (Whether as a character, unit, design, or all 3) of the following class lines/categories: :D

Noble: Corrin, MaleKana, or FemaleKana

Samurai: Hana, Hinata, Hisame or Ryoma

Ninja: Kaze, Saizo, Kagero, or Asugi 

Sky Knight: Subaki, Hinoka, Caeldori, or Shigure

Shrine Maiden/Monk: Sakura, Azama, or Mitama

Diviner: Orochi, Hayato, or Rhajat

Spear Master: Oboro or Shiro

Archer: Setsuna, Reina, Takumi, or Kiragi

Cavalier: Gunter, Silas, Xander, Peri, Siegbert, or Sophie

Strategist: Jakob, Felicia, Flora, Elise, Dwyer, or Forrest

Mercenary: Laslow, Selena, or Soleil

Wyvern: Beruka, Camilla, Scarlet or Percy

Dark Mage: Odin, Nyx, Leo, or Ophelia

Knight: Effie, Benny, or Ignatius

Oni Savage/Fighter: Rinkah, Arthur, Charlotte

Outlaw: Niles, Anna, Nina, or Shura

Shapeshifter: Kaden, Keaton, Selkie, or Velouria

Apothecary: Yukimura or Midori

Amiibo: Marth, Ike, Lucina, or Robin

Other: Azura, Fuuga, Izana or Mozu

Hope I got everyone down?

Edited by Doodlebug Four
forgot Izana, and added Apothecary and moved Midori and Yukimura to it.

Noble: FemaleKana is adorable, doesn't have fishy voicework and not so sueish

Samurai: Lobster Lord Ryoma!

Ninja: Kaze, handsome ninja that's reliable in many routes

Sky Knight: Shigure, Matt Mercer's singing gives me strength

Shrine Maiden/Monk: Sakura, decent characterization for a sibling

Diviner: Orochi, speed may be crap, but Orochi is nice character

Spear Master: Oboro, interesting character

Archer: Setsuna, hilarious voice acting

Cavalier: Silas is a decent bro character

Strategist: Elise, beware this cinnamon roll

Mercenary: Laslow, really matures

Wyvern: Scarlet, pretty underrated Corrinsexual that deserves more support (especially a Ryoma/Scarlet one)

Dark Mage: Odin, even if he's better off heart sealed

Knight: Benny, underrated cinnamon roll and im not much a fan of Effie's localization

Oni Savage/Fighter: Charlotte, her gold digging shenanigans is actually pretty funny

Outlaw: Shura, underrated character that deserves more supports than be a Corrinsexual

Shapeshifter: Kaden, handsome for a foxman

Amiibo: don't own any of them, but Ike I guess

Other: Midori, Kaze's adorable daughter

Edited by Doodlebug Four

Samurai: None. They've seen better days, that's for sure.

Ninja: None. I just don't care for any of them. At all.

Sky Knight: Hinoka. Caeldori can compete, but the other two? Not so much.

Shrine Maiden/Monk: Sakura.

Diviner: Hayato. He manages to be good, in Revelation at least, which is on account of not starting woefully underleveled.

Spear Fighter: Oboro

Archer: Don't care too much here either.

Cavalier: Sophie, with honorable mention to the immovable object that is Xander.

Mercenary: Soleil.

Fighter: None, of course. They all suck gigantic portions of ass.

Wyvern: Scarlet.

Dark Mage: Ophelia. The others have severe issues, more so Nyx and Odin.

Outlaw: Anna.

Shapeshifter: Selkie.

Apothecary: Midori.

Amiibo: don't own any.

Other: Azura.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

10 hours ago, Doodlebug Four said:

I put him in the Ninja's category since the Mechanist is part of the class line.

He comes with the Apothecary skills in Birthright. Classes in Fates love sharing promotions with one another. 

Related to the topic:

• Noble: Corrin
  • Samurai: Ryoma
  • Ninja: Kaze
  • Sky Knight: Hinoka
  • Shrine Maiden/Monk: Mitama
  • Diviner: Rhajat
  • Spear Fighter: Shiro
  • Archer: Takumi
  • Cavalier: Xander
  • Troubadour: Elise
  • Maid/Butler: Felicia
  • Mercenary: Laslow
  • Wyvern: Camilla
  • Dark Mage: Leo
  • Knight: Effie
  • Oni Savage/Fighter: Charlotte
  • Outlaw: Niles
  • Beast Unit: Velouria
  • Amiibo: Marth (my system doesn't have the amiibo feature and the fan bases for the other three made me not like them)
  • Other: Mozu
Edited by I'm a Spheal

For goodness as a unit?

Every physrole but drcozerk: Silias, VoF is dumb.

Dracozerk: Percy, is stompy as hell.

Every magrole but VSorc: Elise, is legit rediculous as a unit.

VSorc: Ophelia, actually more busted than gen3 Morgan. FFS.

Capture: Niles, is Niles.
--------------------------------------------------

For personality/looks?

Ninja: Kagero, I am a simple man.

Cav: Peri, is amusing.

Troub: Elise, Is the most balls to the wall kid I swear. How2fix fates plot. Protagonist Elise. Done.

Priest: Azama, is hilarious.

Peg: Hinoka, Queen told me to make rhis pick. Peg personas are boring as a whole though here.

Wyvern: Beruka, simple charm and the worlds stealthiest wyvern win out over tits here. Her support with Arthur may be my fav in fates. OTP.

Doge: Veloria, Has a cute outfit?

Fighter: Arthur, everything about this dude is so well done, top supports, great voice and quotes, killer chin. Also hilarious, but with little breadcrumbs of heart crushing sad thrown in. 

Outlaw: Niles, Nina almost took this off her support line with Kana/Shiro and cute-as-the-dickens looks, but Niles has more overall depth and his interactions with Leo and Odin are gold.

Dark Mage: Odin/Leo/Ophelia, if forced to chose I'd go for Ophy because I am a simple man, but all of these are fully fleshed out entertaining characters. From Odins nerd-dad status (Holy shit odinphelia A support), to Ophys inocent tomfoolery, to Leo's ability to bitchslap the angsty emo right off tacomeat. Good chars.

Diviner: Orachi, I am a simple man.

Spear fighter: Shiro, is the better class of dumb jock and has some really cute supports with the gen2 ladies.

Knight: Benny, Bear feast. So powerful. Wish he could talk with Fred in before awakening.

Oni: There's only one of these yo...

Merchant/Archer: Mozu, has the best bad food line in mess hall oml.

Merc: Laslow, is a dork.

Samuri: Jack: 5th season so strong.

Edited by joshcja

Which of the following characters do you overall like the most (Whether as a character, unit, design, or all 3) of

Noble: Corrin, unit

Samurai: Ryoma, character and unit

Ninja: Saizo,  all

Sky Knight: , Hinoka, all

Shrine Maiden/Monk Mitama character, design

Diviner: Orochi, all

Spear Master: Shiro, unit

Archer Reina,  unit, character

Cavalier:  Peri, all

Strategist:Elise, unit

Mercenary: Laslow, character, design

Wyvern:  Camilla, character, unit 

Dark Mage:  Ophelia, unit 

Knight: Effie, unit 

Oni Savage/Fighter:, Charlotte, character

Outlaw: Nina,

Shapeshifter: Velouria, all

Amiibo:  Lucina, character

Other:  Mozu, unit

Lord- probably one of the Kanas

Myrmidon- Hinata (Ryoma stole kills in the beginning making him lose favor points with me)

Ninja- Saizo or Kaegerro

Pegasus- None

Monk- Azama

Mage- Hayato

Spear Master- Shiro

Archer- Setsuna

Cavalier- Silas

Valkyrie- Elise

Mercenary- character wise neither, unit wise Laslow

Wyvern- Scarlet though I like Beruka a lot too.

Dark Mage- Leo

Knight- Benny

Oni savage/fighter- All of them, they all are pretty awesome if I have to pick just one though it would probably be Rinkah. Both Arthur and Rinkah get pretty good defense after promoting.

Shapeshifter- Velouria 

Outlaw- Shura

Other- Gunter character. He takes work if you want to use him.

Samurai: Hinata. The whole tanky swordie deal still feels odd to me, but he's too adorkable to not like.

Ninja: Saizo character-wise because what is shame. Kaze unit-wise.

Sky Knight: I'd say Takumi but I'm guessing this is limited to starting classes, so I'll go with Shiggy.

Shrine Maiden/Monk: Mitama. She's lazy and snarky. She's basically me if I had any artistic talent.

Diviner: Rhajat. She may be discount Tharja, but at least she became(slightly) more decent of a human being as a result. 

Spear Fighter: Shiro, overall, but Oboro is a great contender. It's a shame such a good character got stuck with the side role of retainer/NotARoyal

Archer: Setsuna. I find her hilarious and her design is pretty nice too.

Cavalier: Peri. She may be horse plop crazy, but I love her design and she's entertaining. (friendly reminder: she's only a fictional character)

Troubadour. Forrest. All my yes, especially his localized self.

Mercenary: Soleil. She's so happy all the time and it's infectious. No other comments as to why.

Fighter: Charlotte. First female fighter, fantastic unit and not a terrible character.

Wyvern: Camilla. She has character. It may be hidden beneath two of her other traits (along with her map), but it's in there somewhere.

Dark Mage: Odin. He was my favorite second gen character in Awakening and he's even better now. he's one smokin' large ham now

Outlaw: Tied between Shura and Anna. Shura is worth more than all the Boots in the world (then again maybe if they were +2 move instead) and Anna is best FE girl.

Shapeshifter: Velouria. She is what would happen if cinnamon had been shaped into the form of a wolf and given life.

Amiibo: Ike, because biaaaaas.

Other: RIP Apothecary. We hardly cared about (or even knew) ye. Midori because Yukimura is the anthropomorphic personification of watching paint dry.

Edited by Kurrin

1 hour ago, Kurrin said:

Fighter: Charlotte. First female fighter, fantastic unit and not a terrible character.

Honestly, one thing I always get baffled by is that people insist Charlotte's a good unit, which I can't see between her bad start, her low defenses and her accuracy problems...

19 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Honestly, one thing I always get baffled by is that people insist Charlotte's a good unit, which I can't see between her bad start, her low defenses and her accuracy problems...

Any unit can be good if you take the time to train them. All you need to do is grind a bit with her and slap on Certain Blow. Who needs defenses when you can one-shot everything that looks at her funny.

Alright, let's see...

What kind of stinky opinions do I wanna let out into the air now?

Noble: Female Corrin; apart from the thigh gaps (which I still am not all that bent out of shape about, honestly), she's better than any of the others.  I like the appearance options, the fact that she can take on any class through friendship seal, and I like her supports slightly more than male Corrin's.  Don't much care for the Kanas.

Samurai: Hana; I think I like Hinata's personality more, but... I dunno.  She makes a better samurai, and she isn't nearly as OP as Ryoma.  No opinion on Hisame.  Love how some people gave non-answers.

Ninja: Saizo; it'd be a toss up between him and his brother, but I think I like the unlikableness of Saizo a bit more.

Sky Knight: Hinoka; I might be inclined to like Shigure, but I've simply never really used him.  Caeldori's a knock-off of Cordelia (who I wasn't even much of a fan of), and Subaki is a gender-bent Cordelia that doesn't understand what made Cordelia popular in the first place.

Shrine Maiden/Monk: Mitama; Sakura's second to her, but she's charming in pretty much every interaction she has.  She'll always find a way to inject haikus into her conversations, and I just like her wit.

Diviner: Rhajat; as much she is effectively a clone of Tharja... I like her a bit more than her original incarnation.  Also is a better unit than the other two with the right mother.  Fite me.

Spear Master: Do I even need to say?  Sorry Shiro, as much as I think you're a really cool character and would've made - in my opinion - a better inheritor to the throne story, I've gotta give this to my Number One gal, Oboro.

Archer: Takumi; I honestly like Reina well enough, but I just can't give it to anyone other than Takumi.  I know he gets shit for the memes and him being reticent to get close to the main character (who I honestly think is shit anyway, so it's just something I have in common with him), but I think he's one of the best written royals in this game.

Cavalier: Xander; with the problems I have with him, I think I still prefer him over all other cavs in this game.

Strategist: Forrest; I just like him and how he remains stalwartly defiant in the face of judging eyes.

Mercenary: Laslow; shit, man, even though he's a recurring character, the moments when he gets somber still get to me.

Wyvern: Beruka; I like Scarlet, but she literally leaves something to be desired with a lack of supports.  Beruka's got some nice supports.

Dark Mage: Leo; again, one of the best written royals in this game.  So much so that I married him in a run of Conquest.  Wouldn't recommend it, honestly; it felt awkward to me.

Knight: Benny; how could I not pick the gentle giant?  I'd like to sit down and make charms with him.

Oni Savage/Fighter: Charlotte; just all around a more interesting character.  I'll give props to Arthur for being charming as hell, and I don't think Rinkah's bad either.

Outlaw: Anna; I have some... mixed feelings about Niles.  Mostly due to how his supports were localized, probably.  Anna has a nice little "heart to heart" moment with Corrin that I like, and I generally think Anna's a likable mascot.

Shapeshifter: Velouria; I think I like all the shapeshifters to some degree, but Velouria's got a cute design.  I like those goat/lamb ears.

Apothecary: Ehh...  Maybe Midori.  I do like Yukimura to some degree, though.

Amiibo: I don't have amiibo :(  |  I'd say as a character, it's a toss up between Ike or Lucina.

Other: Mozu; don't care for Fuuga or Izana (who, by the way, are based from the Samurai and Diviner class lines, respectively), and Azura is an overrated plot expositor.  I'd say it's straight up unfair to lump Mozu in this category, because she's so much better than any of the chumps here.  Some of the better supports are with her, honestly.

52 minutes ago, Kurrin said:

Any unit can be good if you take the time to train them. All you need to do is grind a bit with her and slap on Certain Blow. Who needs defenses when you can one-shot everything that looks at her funny.

I can't agree with this - largely because it's also easy to make a unit look good by ignoring what makes then bad, which is what I think is going on here. Certain Blow helps with her accuracy, but (1) she can only get it from marrying Corrin, and (2) it's once per turn. Anyway, I think you're not helping your case by trying to downplay her terrible defenses - if you don't score that lucky critical hit, Charlotte stands to lose a lot of health, and worst case scenario, get killed instantly. Long story short, her offense is good, but it just isn't enough to salvage her.

2 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Antagonizing someone for no reason

Stop derailing threads.

Anyways, my list:

Spoiler

Noble: Corrin. Probably the best unit in Fates outside of maybe Camilla

Samurai: Hana. I just like the kid, she's always done well for me.

Ninja: Kagero. The only one I've had success with, wish she was playable in CQ instead of Kaze but alas. (Not that Kaze is bad)

Sky Knight: Hinoka is usually pretty strong for me, and she's certainly better than Subaki lol

Shrine Maiden/Monk: Sakura, cute little sister gets cute points

Diviner: All of them are pretty bad, but Rhajat is only bad because her dad is bad. She's fine otherwise.

Spear Master: Oboro is a great unit, and she's a pretty cool character too.

Archer: Reina. Takumi and his bow are great, and I like Takumi the most as a character, but Reina's a really useful unit every time you get access to her. God tier in Rev especially.

Cavalier: Xander, because Silas@VoF is really just as good as him, not outright better

Strategist: Elise is a monster

Mercenary: I like Selena and Laslow a lot but Soleil is just better than both of them, plus she's cute

Wyvern: Camilla is too broken, seriously what the fuck. As a character, Beruka.

Dark Mage: Ophelia is great

Knight: Effie but only the cute Japanese version and not the man in the western version

Oni Savage/Fighter: Arthur has better availability than Charlotte and a more useful class (only marginally) than Rinkah, so he wins out. Rinkah's really underrated though.

Outlaw: Nina because cute. I like Niles a lot for capture though

Shapeshifter: Velouria is a great unit in the right class (ie not beastkin)

Apothecary: I've never used either of these units.

Amiibo: I don't have any ambios

Other: Azura of these four because she's actually a good character in supports and dancer utility (coupled with inspiring song being stupid good) is unmatched. Excluding them, Izana has staff rank.

Edited by YouSquiddinMe

1 hour ago, YouSquiddinMe said:

Antagonizing me for no reason whatsoever

Get off my case already. It isn't my fault that I'm rather cynical when it comes to infantry axe users - when most of them are basically good Strength and HP, and little else, I don't have a reason to look at them in a positive light. Fates didn't help that in any way, both because of the quality of the units and because it's rather unforgiving.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

9 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Get off my case already. It isn't my fault that I'm rather cynical when it comes to infantry axe users - when most of them are basically good Strength and HP, and little else, I don't have a reason to look at them in a positive light. Fates didn't help that in any way, both because of the quality of the units and because it's rather unforgiving.

Mentioning your bias as loudly and as often as possible is absolutely, your fault.

Reddit exists for a reason yo.

I only used kids in my recent Conquest route, so I'm not familiar with them in Hoshido. I'm just counting gameplay here as well.

Spoiler

Noble: Corrin, MaleKana, or FemaleKana - Corrin. Never got Male Kana (haven't played as a girl yet), and I haven't used Female Kana much either.

Samurai: Hana, Hinata, Hisame or Ryoma - Hana, despite the high speed, still managed to always be hit by 10% tomahawks. I changed Hinata's class, so he wasn't even a Samurai all that often.

Ninja: Kaze, Saizo, Kagero, or Asugi - Kaze was pretty good, though none of them were horrible.

Sky Knight: Subaki, Hinoka, Caeldori, or Shigure - I changed Subaki's class and Hinoka was pretty good.

Shrine Maiden/Monk: Sakura, Azama, or Mitama - Changed Azama's class as well.

Diviner: Orochi, Hayato, or Rhajat - Orochi's speed was bad, though I fixed it by buying Wary Fighter. Hayato... died.

Spear Master: Oboro or Shiro - Oboro was great. One of my best units, frankly.

Archer: Setsuna, Reina, Takumi, or Kiragi - Fujin Yumi much?

Cavalier: Gunter, Silas, Xander, Peri, Siegbert, or Sophie - Xander was good, though Peri surprisingly wasn't half bad either.

Strategist: Jakob, Felicia, Flora, Elise, Dwyer, or Forrest - Once Elise was promoted she somehow became a magic nuke as well as a healer. Jakob and Felicia weren't the greatest, unfortunately.

Mercenary: Laslow, Selena, or Soleil - Turned out pretty good, actually.

Wyvern: Beruka, Camilla, Scarlet or Percy - Scarlet was really good in my Hoshido run.

Dark Mage: Odin, Nyx, Leo, or Ophelia - Odin and Leo were good, but not perfect, while Nyx wasn't even a good glass cannon. Ophelia, however, managed to have Nyx's strength (er, power) while having better stats all around.

Knight: Effie, Benny, or Ignatius - A literal tank. High defense and strength made her a great unit.

Oni Savage/Fighter: Rinkah, Arthur, Charlotte - Rinkah wasn't very good, frankly. Arthur wasn't bad either, though Charlotte managed to crit everything to death, making her abysmal defense neglectable.

Outlaw: Niles, Anna, Nina, or Shura - Didn't use Shura or Anna, and Nina simply fell behind.

Shapeshifter: Kaden, Keaton, Selkie, or Velouria - The Wolfskins were better than the Kitsune, gameplaywise, and Keaton performed better than his daughter.

Apothecary: Yukimura or Midori - I never used either though.

Amiibo: Marth, Ike, Lucina, or Robin - I didn't use them either, though I've had my Robin amiibo longer than Lucina.

Other: Azura, Fuuga, Izana or Mozu - Didn't use Fuga or Izana, and Mozu required too much energy to make good. Azura, on the other hand, was excellent.

Noble: Corrin

Samurai: Ryoma

Ninja: Kaze

Sky Knight: Hinoka

Shrine Maiden/Monk: Sakura

Diviner: Orochi

Spear Master: Oboro

Archer: Setsuna

Cavalier: Peri

Strategist: Elise

Mercenary: Laslow

Wyvern: Beruka

Dark Mage: Leo

Knight: Effie

Oni Savage/Fighter: Arthur

Outlaw: Niles

Shapeshifter: Kaden

Apothecary: Yukimura

Amiibo: Ike

Other: Azura

Noble: FemaleKana

Samurai: Ryoma

Ninja: Kaze

Sky Knight: Hinoka

Shrine Maiden/Monk: Sakura

Diviner: Hayato

Spear Master: Oboro

Archer: Takumi

Cavalier: Xander

Strategist: Elise

Mercenary: Selena

Wyvern: Beruka

Dark Mage: Leo

Knight: Benny

Oni Savage/Fighter: Arthur

Outlaw: Anna

Shapeshifter: Keaton

Apothecary: Midori

Amiibo: Marth

Other: Azura

On 11/28/2017 at 8:04 AM, joshcja said:

Mentioning your bias as loudly and as often as possible is absolutely, your fault.

Reddit exists for a reason yo.

> Implying that I care

lol