Weapon Refinery: Favorite Enhances

Lord_Grima

13 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

It doesn't, though. Bonuses and penalties take up different "slots", and only positive bonuses count towards Litrblade's effect. If a Litrblade user has +6/6/6/6 in bonuses and -6/6/6/6 in penalties, the final total is 6 (actual Atk bonus) + 6 (Atk boost from Atk bonus) + 6 (Atk boost from Spd bonus) + 6 (Atk boost from Def bonus) + 6 (Atk boost from Res bonus) - 6 (Atk penalty) = 24 Atk for a total of +24/0/0/0.

Which is only somewhat better than being hit by +30/6/6/6 and nowhere near crippling.

If you want to cripple, you use Panic+ instead.

Well, disregarding that since I'm talkin' bout Felicia (+res/-def) choices, I'm thinking of two major choices:

• Smoke Dagger+ (Res) with miscellaneous supportive C skill
  • Rogue Dagger+ (Res) with Atk or Spd Ploy specifically

Bearing in mind the idea is primarily dealing with magic damage (including staves). Using Smoke Dagger and Ploy together is too wasteful of a 5* exclusive inheritance for my tastes.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I assume he's talking about the Wo Dao effect on Hauteclere. Michalis cannot learn Wrath because he is a flying unit.

You are right of course (I didn't realise that though). I would say  as long  as Michalis take hit first, the bonfire should  still, be good alternative for Ignis due faster activation.

Edited by Tenzen12

28 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

You are right of course (I didn't realise that though). I would say  as long  as Michalis take hit first, the bonfire should  still, be good alternative for Ignis due faster activation.

I think I'd actually go with Glimmer. His Atk is fairly high, and if he's doubled but has QR, you're getting in two specials. Glimmer has excellent synergy with the Wo Dao effect since you're getting more frequent specials, and boosting that tasty +10 damage.

Wo Dao on my Karel is super nice. I'm trying to make Karel into a damage soaking speedster with Reprisal. The HP+5 increase and Spd+3 increase is super nice for this, plus the equivalent 14 Mt to Slaying Edge too.

Spoiler

SYkP73G.png

31 minutes ago, Johann said:

I think I'd actually go with Glimmer. His Atk is fairly high, and if he's doubled but has QR, you're getting in two specials. Glimmer has excellent synergy with the Wo Dao effect since you're getting more frequent specials, and boosting that tasty +10 damage.

Moonbow is better than Glimmer because the only way Glimmer is doing more damage than Moonbow (they do the same damage if both of them result in a dead enemy) is if the opponent has low Def and an ungodly high amount of HP.

Similar argument to Glimmer v1.0 comparison against Draconic Aura.

32 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Moonbow is better than Glimmer because the only way Glimmer is doing more damage than Moonbow (they do the same damage if both of them result in a dead enemy) is if the opponent has low Def and an ungodly high amount of HP.

Similar argument to Glimmer v1.0 comparison against Draconic Aura.

In a lot of situations, it's not gonna matter which, but for Michalis with a base 50 Atk (no buffs, etc) and the Wo Dao effect, Moonbow doesn't do better unless they're blue with ≥45 Def, green/colorless with ≥35 Def, or red with ≥13 Def (all assuming no Triangle Adept). Either way, both are going to get more mileage than Bonfire

1 hour ago, Johann said:

In a lot of situations, it's not gonna matter which, but for Michalis with a base 50 Atk (no buffs, etc) and the Wo Dao effect, Moonbow doesn't do better unless they're blue with ≥45 Def, green/colorless with ≥35 Def, or red with ≥13 Def (all assuming no Triangle Adept). Either way, both are going to get more mileage than Bonfire

The +10 damage happens after all other calculations.

Against green or colorless (attacking twice and activating the skill on every attack):

• At 20 Def
    • Moonbow deals 30 + 6 + 10 damage for 46 damage. The opponent is dead.
    • Glimmer deals 30 + 15 + 10 damage for 55 damage. The opponent is very dead.
  • At 30 Def
    • Moonbow deals 20 + 9 + 10 damage for 39 damage. The opponent is dead.
    • Glimmer deals 20 + 10 + 10 damage for 40 damage. The opponent is dead.
  • At 40 Def
    • Moonbow deals 10 + 12 + 10 damage for 32 damage. The opponent is dead.
    • Glimmer deals 10 + 5 + 10 damage for 25 damage. The opponent is probably dead.
  • At 50 Def
    • Moonbow deals 0 + 15 + 10 damage for 25 damage. The opponent is probably dead.
    • Glimmer deals 0 + 0 + 10 damage for 10 damage. The opponent is not dead.

Against blue:

• At 20 Def
    • Moonbow deals 40 + 6 + 10 damage for 56 damage. The opponent is very dead.
    • Glimmer deals 40 + 20 + 10 damage for 70 damage. The opponent is very dead.
  • At 30 Def
    • Moonbow deals 30 + 9 + 10 damage for 49 damage. The opponent is dead.
    • Glimmer deals 30 + 15 + 10 damage for 55 damage. The opponent is very dead.
  • At 40 Def
    • Moonbow deals 20 + 12 + 10 damage for 42 damage. The opponent is dead.
  • At 50 Def
    • Moonbow deals 10 + 15 + 10 damage for 35 damage. The opponent is dead.
    • Glimmer deals 10 + 5 + 10 damage for 25 damage. The opponent is probably dead.

Against red:

• At 20 Def
    • Moonbow deals 20 + 6 + 10 damage for 36 damage. The opponent is dead.
  • At 30 Def
    • Moonbow deals 10 + 9 + 10 damage for 29 damage. The opponent is dead.
  • At 40 Def
    • Moonbow deals 0 + 12 + 10 damage for 22 damage. The opponent might be dead.
  • At 50 Def
    • Moonbow deals 0 + 5 + 10 damage for 15 damage. The opponent is probably not dead.

Effectively, with Moonbow:

• You one-round kill pretty much anything that doesn't kill you.
  • You don't one-hit kill things unless they have both low Def and low HP

and with Glimmer:

• You one-round kill pretty much anything that isn't a really bulky red unit.
  • You one-hit kill low-Def blue units.
Edited by Ice Dragon

41 minutes ago, Johann said:

Ah, see that threw off my calculation entirely. Good to know.

Also, I just made one correction to my math. Moonbow damage is affected by Def (against red with 40 HP is affected).

(+10 damage on special activation is not affected by Def.)

17 minutes ago, Zelgius said:

I hope they put the forging stones on the daily quests at some point, something like 5 per day for doing something.

Send 1 unit home: 5 gold rocks.

Considering they added rocks to the Tempest Trials daily quests, it seems pretty reasonable.

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:39 PM, Johann said:

Costs 20 Refining Stones and 200 Arena medals, and the unit getting the upgrade needs to have Killer [weapon]+. Be warned, if you upgrade the Killer [Weapon]+ to Slaying [Weapon]+ and then try to give it to someone else via inheritance, they will need the regular Slaying [Weapon] somehow or else they won't be able to receive Slaying [Weapon]+.

If I want to give a unit Slaying Axe+, would I be better off having them inherit the Killing Axe+ and upgrading it on them?  Or are inherited weapons locked to upgrades?

3 hours ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

If I want to give a unit Slaying Axe+, would I be better off having them inherit the Killing Axe+ and upgrading it on them?  Or are inherited weapons locked to upgrades?

Your options to give a unit Slaying Axe+ are:

• Use Skill Inheritance to transfer Slaying Axe and Slaying Axe+. Costs 750 SP and an Amelia.
  • Use Skill Inheritance to transfer Killer Axe and Killer Axe+, then upgrade the Killer Axe+ to Slaying Axe+. Costs 1050 SP, 20 gold rocks, 200 gold medals, and a Beruka, Hawkeye, or Sheena.
  • Upgrade a Killer Axe+ to a Slaying Axe+. Use Skill Inheritance to transfer Slaying Axe, then use Skill Inheritance to transfer Slaying Axe+. Costs 1050 SP, 20 gold rocks, 200 gold medals, an Amelia, and a Beruka, Hawkeye, or Sheena.

EDIT:

8 hours ago, Zelgius said:

I hope they put the forging stones on the daily quests at some point, something like 5 per day for doing something.

Well, looks like you got your wish. They've added 10 rocks to the daily Arena quest set... with the task of getting 3 wins in a row in Arena Assault.

So why couldn't this have been added to the Arena Assault daily quest set...? (And why is the "win 2 matches in the Arena" still in the regular daily quest set?)

EDIT2: Oh. It's not daily. Well, poo.

Edited by Ice Dragon

So correct me if I'm wrong but considering legendary weapons require Dew to upgrade, and Dew comes from stones at a 1:1 ratio, it will take 2500 medals and 200 stones to upgrade 1 legendary weapon. I was pumped for old legendary weapons becoming useful but who knows how long it will take to grind for even 1 weapon.

@Ice Dragon Thank you.  I'm good then, because I have two Sheenas.

Does the Flametongue+ forge have a typo?  After the forge, it is still a 1 range weapon, without the ability to counterattack at any range.  However, the special ability is: "If foe's Range=2, damage calculated using the lower of foe's Def or Res.  If it isn't a mistake, I'm definitely not wasting Distant Counter on Little Tiki.

24 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

@Ice Dragon Thank you.  I'm good then, because I have two Sheenas.

Does the Flametongue+ forge have a typo?  After the forge, it is still a 1 range weapon, without the ability to counterattack at any range.  However, the special ability is: "If foe's Range=2, damage calculated using the lower of foe's Def or Res.  If it isn't a mistake, I'm definitely not wasting Distant Counter on Little Tiki.

If Tiki attacks a unit that has 2 range (mage, archer, dagger user, staff user), she'll hit the weaker defense after upgrading (same with all breaths).  The check is if the opponent's range = 2, not if you are attacked at 2 range.

Going for my first upgrade but wonder which I should choose for my Nowi I (currently +SPD -red, but by end if week I plan merge her into Neutral), she use TA build with QR and bonfire, so I am thinking about +HP/Def but 14 mt sound tempting too. What is better choice?

4 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Going for my first upgrade but wonder which I should choose for my Nowi I (currently +SPD -red, but by end if week I plan merge her into Neutral), she use TA build with QR and bonfire, so I am thinking about +HP/Def but 14 mt sound tempting too. What is better choice?

I went with upgrading Def/HP for A! Tiki, because mine is +Def and has a +3 Defense Slot A skill.  Nowi has more balanced stats though so I might go with the plus Mt.  Since your Nowi is plus Spd you might be best to buff Spd, so she doesn't run the risk of being double-attacked.

11 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

If Tiki attacks a unit that has 2 range (mage, archer, dagger user, staff user), she'll hit the weaker defense after upgrading (same with all breaths).  The check is if the opponent's range = 2, not if you are attacked at 2 range.

Lightning Breath is still the better skill for Tiki then, because the loli doesn't have the speed to doubleattack, especially for mages which this would be most useful for.

We showing our choices of weapon upgrades? Then my favorite Summer husband and his gorgeous abs even more beefy now. :3

k4bLBOm.png

Don't let that 33 spd fool you. It seems lowish, but at full health, that's 35 spd thanks to his weapon, and then Darting Blow makes that 41 on player phase, and a Hone Spd can add an additional four more to make it 45. Bwahaha. Also, a Hone Atk 3 buff will give him 48 Atk (50 with full health from his weapon). And then I haven't mentioned all the debuffs he throws at you! Oh, and can't forget that if he's fighting with Summer Robin, he gets MORE boosts!

Edited by Anacybele

I am saving up my resources so I can do several at once, but I am looking forward to making my Jakob and Lucius powerful, I have a big list but those two are the top of it and I want to give them as many upgrades as I can first.  As to legendary weapons my Seliph is just waiting to be upgraded and to see battle again.

I'm just having nightmares about Triple Ward GuardBow DD3 DD3-Seal Halloween!Jakob and his

42/--/--/63/62 defensive parameters (Neutral-nature)

That's not even considering his B-skill or Proc, but a +31 dmg Ignis boost is well, downright horrifying.

Distant Defense 9 is absolutely hilarious in this scenario, and it makes me wish I pulled him :(

38 minutes ago, Elieson said:

I'm just having nightmares about Triple Ward GuardBow DD3 DD3-Seal Halloween!Jakob and his

42/--/--/63/62 defensive parameters (Neutral-nature)

That's not even considering his B-skill or Proc, but a +31 dmg Ignis boost is well, downright horrifying.

Distant Defense 9 is absolutely hilarious in this scenario, and it makes me wish I pulled him :(

Well, the solution is - don't touch Jakob with 2-range, IIRC, Distant Defense only works if he is attacked, instead toss a 1-range unit with Bowbreaker to bypass Wary Fighter. Still painful, but shouldn't be OHKO painful.

Then again, even without DD it's still 45 Def - you need 66 Atk to ORKO him with Bowbreaker, which means stacking stacking Hone Type/Dark Aura with Spurs/Goads. Or an Armorsmasher/Slaying Hammer/Slaying Spear.

Edited by Kruggov

5 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

So correct me if I'm wrong but considering legendary weapons require Dew to upgrade, and Dew comes from stones at a 1:1 ratio, it will take 2500 medals and 200 stones to upgrade 1 legendary weapon. I was pumped for old legendary weapons becoming useful but who knows how long it will take to grind for even 1 weapon.

The stones are what will hold people up, not medals.  You can easily get over a hundred medals per day just doing the three arena runs, and can get more from using crests.  Stones, however, appear to be mission related and weekly rewards only.  Assuming an average of 25 stones per week, you'd also average over 700 medals in the same span.  That'd be about 8 weeks to boost one legendary weapon.

In other words, better hope they make stones a lot more available like they did to Sacred Coins.

34 minutes ago, Kruggov said:

Then again, even without DD it's still 45 Def - you need 66 Atk to ORKO him with Bowbreaker, which means stacking stacking Hone Type/Dark Aura with Spurs/Goads. Or an Armorsmasher/Slaying Hammer/Slaying Spear.

That's... disgusting.