Prop 8 passed.

TLSothe

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much... All claim and no truth eh?

I never claimed to offer anything other than my own opinion. But to say that the US doesn't have a history of oppression and human rights violations is rather naive.

Edited by Mint_Lime

I never claimed to offer anything other than my own opinion. But to say that the US doesn't have a history of oppression and human rights violations is rather naive.

An interesting related note:

It was only within the past 40 or so years that blacks and whites were allowed to marry in some states. Nowadays you can marry someone of any race. I predict gay marriage will become more accepted as time goes on.

"Pretty much" = Agreed

"All claim and no truth eh?" = U.S constantly claims to be the land of opportunity and equality like it's absolute and shit but it constantly proves the opposite.

Hopefully that makes better sense.

Edited by Boo

It was only within the past 40 or so years that blacks and whites were allowed to marry in some states. Nowadays you can marry someone of any race. I predict gay marriage will become more accepted as time goes on.

I agree, in time perhaps gay marriage will become more accepted. I just can't understand why people are so ardently opposed to something that doesn't seem to affect them at all.

Oh, v.v apologies Boo seems I misunderstood you.

Edited by Mint_Lime

Whoa that's weird. :blink:

Whoa that's weird. :blink:

And it went to the supreme court too.

Does this mean there'll be less gays in Cali, Los Angeles?

Idk, it just means they can't get married. They should probably still be allowed to live there with their partner.

Does this mean there'll be less gays in Cali, Los Angeles?

Dude, it's California. That's like asking if there'll be less blacks in Detroit, Soutside Chicago or North St. Louis.

Like Adam stated, they will be still be a civil union, they won't just get married.

Sand has been reading this topic forever, ha.

I'm not affected enough to have anything but a theory-craft type view, but I think the Prop's are dumb. For whatever that's worth.

Sand has been reading this topic forever, ha.

I'm not affected enough to have anything but a theory-craft type view, but I think the Prop's are dumb. For whatever that's worth.

The one who left?

Figures he'd be lurking.

May I ask who is this Sand fellow is? Does he possess some form of sand based super power or what?

Edited by Fibrizo

May I ask who is this Sand fellow is? Does he possess some form of sand based super power or what?

He is a member of the site that supposedly left, however he's still online.

He was strong on his republican views, meaning he is against gay marriage, so people were expecting to see him in this topic, as he mostly only posted in the political topics.

He left the day after the election ended.

He's also a debator in the FE section.

He's just someone who likes to debate really.

I for one am a little disappointed that the country based on having equal rights to all people has never had a time where that was true...

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showuser=339

On topic:

"This is an issue that's not going to go away, and there's no way you can vote it away,"

"I hope it's not just something that is forced on people who believe it's un-Christian, but that they themselves will come to a realization that they've allowed bigotry to shape the way in which they understand their own faith."

Sounds right.

I'm not defending it, but that dream gave us hope. Without that, we wouldn't have made it this far.

Define far? Because all we do is give one set of people their rights and move onto denying another.

Blacks got their rights so we deny women. Women get their rights, so we deny homosexuals. Who comes after that?

Define far? Because all we do is give one set of people their rights and move onto denying another.

Blacks got their rights so we deny women. Women get their rights, so we deny homosexuals. Who comes after that?

Transvestites probably... or maybe some other race... Illegal aliens like Adam said vvv

Edited by Boo

Far = progress, and you can't deny we've made SOME progress. As the other guy pointed out, we're eons ahead of other countries.

I dunno... maybe illegal aliens next? Maybe real aliens?

Far = progress, and you can't deny we've made SOME progress. As the other guy pointed out, we're eons ahead of other countries.

I dunno... maybe illegal aliens next? Maybe real aliens?

My point wasn't we never made progress, my point is it never ends. America ALWAYS has SOMEONE to discriminate.

My point wasn't we never made progress, my point is it never ends. America ALWAYS has SOMEONE to discriminate.

and you fail to realize that NOBODY really makes any progress, we all have our hatereds toward someone