Predictions for the upcoming New Years banner

Charmeleonbrah

Since we now know that Winter's Envoy will run just two weeks, there will be a banner coming out for New Years.  What are your predictions/hopes for the banner?  My thoughts:

1. It has been mentioned that the Legendary Hero event will return.  It would make sense to add another Legendary unit and some more chapters, plus a possible weapon refinery update at the same time to start off 2018.

2.  It is always possible that CYL heroes will return.  It's doubtful that Tharja, although she is next up, would get a CYL alt because she will be on the Winter's Envoy banner.  Most likely IMO would be Camilla, Micaiah (she's #9, but is the only female unit in the top 10 not in the game, and some ranking above her already have multiple versions), Hector, and Ephraim (Chrom is #4 but is in same situation as Tharja).

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it's Hoshidan royals if we have to have more 3DS and if there won't be a second Christmas banner before then. Hoshido still needs more attention. Nohr has had at least one character in every seasonal banner, including Halloween if you count Jakob. And they got a whole seasonal banner to themselves too. It's time for Hoshido to get attention now.

Make it Ryoma, Takumi, Hinoka, and Oboro.

34 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Since we now know that Winter's Envoy will run just two weeks, there will be a banner coming out for New Years.  What are your predictions/hopes for the banner?  My thoughts:

1. It has been mentioned that the Legendary Hero event will return.  It would make sense to add another Legendary unit and some more chapters, plus a possible weapon refinery update at the same time to start off 2018.

2.  It is always possible that CYL heroes will return.  It's doubtful that Tharja, although she is next up, would get a CYL alt because she will be on the Winter's Envoy banner.  Most likely IMO would be Camilla, Micaiah (she's #9, but is the only female unit in the top 10 not in the game, and some ranking above her already have multiple versions), Hector, and Ephraim (Chrom is #4 but is in same situation as Tharja).

micaiah probably wouldn't get it simply because there's no real radiant dawn banner. i'd rather she go on this one and not have a radiant dawn banner for a while because otherwise that means we still have radiant dawn banner, awakening children banner, more 3ds banners, more seasonal banners, more elibe banners, and whatever else they decide to add before we finally get a fucking thracia 776 banner. maybe they'll do it in 2024 for the 25 year anniversary

It's probably going to be a New Year's Festival banner. I wouldn't be surprised if it's Japanese-inspired, since they have a few traditions and a few holidays around New Years. It makes sense for it to have Hoshido characters. Not sure who though- most likely the royals, but wouldn't they throw us in a loop if it had non-royals, like Kagero, Azama, Mitama, and Rinkah. New Years is supposed to be turning a new leaf, and Kagero seems like a character mature enough to express this concept, Azama would be there for jokes, Mitama would have the poetic New Year's resolutions that are hung at temples, and Rinkah would probably be how another country does New Years. (maybe South Korea or China, although Chinese New Years doesn't come until later, and that can be its own banner as well. Maybe we'll get a new refresher like Laylea

59 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Legendary hero event will return? The one with 8% pity chance?

3 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

Yes it was stated that there would be another one at the end of this month.

As to New Year's banner I want Kaze and Hinoka on it, with Kaze in a kimono.

Even though it seems a lot more likely seeing the Christmas banner length, I still feel cautious to say well get a New Year's banner for sure.

If we do, I'm kind of thinking Hoshidans, or maybe 2 Hoshido 2 Nohh, for Fates New Years to follow up Awakening Christmas. I don't see them picking Hoshidans for the sake of filling the gap made by the Nohr favoritism, but rather since they'd just fit a Japanese-style New Year's celebration well.

It's gonna be brutal if we do indeed get another 8% banner around the same time, too.

I'm guessing it'll be some sort of non-Christmas winter theme with Fates characters. If so, I'm hoping it's focused on Hoshido, since they've been pretty left out of seasonal banners and that'd be the best way to avoid/minimize duplicates.

1 hour ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Micaiah isn't going to be introduced through a CYL banner. Of the heroes who weren't yet in the game, the second round of CYL heroes (counting Joshua) were the 2nd through 5th highest-scoring on CYL, with Micaiah being 1st. They deliberately avoided her because she's a main character, to introduce her later on an FE10 banner.

30 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

There will be some sort of "legendary hero" summoning event, but it's not entirely clear what that entails beyond including legendary heroes. We know the December one will include Fjorm, but it's unclear whether or not it'll introduce another legendary hero, how many characters will be on it, and if the way it handles 5*s will be anything like the previous one.

First shrine visit of the year would be a perfect theme for Hoshido.

I'm going to want to punch someone in the face if they go through with a New Years banner, though. While they might get more revenue from minnows (who might just maybe buy a $40 pack) and the largest of whales (who have more money than I do because I certainly don't have the money to whale this many banners in a row), everyone in between is going to be hurting for money.

I'm pretty sure they know that the player base was unhappy with the timing of the first Hero Fest and the unannounced Ayra banner.

I think we will get a seasonal New Years banner, although I’m hoping it won’t be. I’d like to finally see Radiant Dawn characters come FEH, Micaiah, Sothe, some Laguz would be sooooo good but highly unlikely. What I think we’ll actually get is either a new elemental hero banner with Fjorm on it or a new legendary heroes banner for the new year with 8% summon rate

53 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I'm guessing that we'll get M!Corrin, Hinoka, Takumi, Ryoma

But then we wouldn't have Sakura as a shrine maiden passing out warm amazake. What do you mean she's already a shrine maiden?

A New Years' banner featuring the Hoshidan royals would be fantastic, and I really hope that's what they're planning. Sakura'll probably be out since she was just on the Halloween banner, so m!Corrin, Ryoma, Takumi and Hinoka will be their most obvious choices.

56 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

First shrine visit of the year would be a perfect theme for Hoshido.

I'm going to want to punch someone in the face if they go through with a New Years banner, though. While they might get more revenue from minnows (who might just maybe buy a $40 pack) and the largest of whales (who have more money than I do because I certainly don't have the money to whale this many banners in a row), everyone in between is going to be hurting for money.

I'm pretty sure they know that the player base was unhappy with the timing of the first Hero Fest and the unannounced Ayra banner.

Isn't it customary to assume that a gacha game with a strong presence in Japan will do something for New Year's?  Whether it's New Year's related or just something normal timed to fall on New Year's, they know that's when a lot of Japanese players are likely to have money to toss around on nonsense.

I guess my point, since rereading what I wrote doesn't have it come across well enough, is that while it's unannounced, it should be expected based on the precedent set by other games of this genre.  Just like the Anniversary being a big deal is.

Edited by GinRei

1 hour ago, Othin said:

I'm guessing it'll be some sort of non-Christmas winter theme with Fates characters. If so, I'm hoping it's focused on Hoshido, since they've been pretty left out of seasonal banners and that'd be the best way to avoid/minimize duplicates.

Micaiah isn't going to be introduced through a CYL banner. Of the heroes who weren't yet in the game, the second round of CYL heroes (counting Joshua) were the 2nd through 5th highest-scoring on CYL, with Micaiah being 1st. They deliberately avoided her because she's a main character, to introduce her later on an FE10 banner.

There will be some sort of "legendary hero" summoning event, but it's not entirely clear what that entails beyond including legendary heroes. We know the December one will include Fjorm, but it's unclear whether or not it'll introduce another legendary hero, how many characters will be on it, and if the way it handles 5*s will be anything like the previous one.

I honestly hope its not gonna be an 8% banner. I will be at about 150 orbs by the end of the year and hoped to get up to 500 at least when such banner comes up. No way I am spending any more money on this game 

1 hour ago, GinRei said:

Isn't it customary to assume that a gacha game with a strong presence in Japan will do something for New Year's?

It's generally assumed they'll do something for New Year's, but it doesn't necessarily have to be anything big.

With Tharja coming, that means only Bow, Staff, and "Breath" Valor skills remain to be distributed. I want to collect them all, but I definitely feel I'd get more mileage out of the three other skills if they appeared on New Years. If they wanted me to care about Red Tome Valor, well, maybe make some red tome users not 5 star locked. Plus I want to see what this next Legendary Heroes banner looks like. So I'm definitely keeping some of my saved up orbs until the last few days of Winter Envoy at least as we wait for some details.

As for which characters will show, Fates, easy. It's the only other Fire Emblem game. Anybody telling you otherwise is lying.

Also I predict the final paralogue map will be a Defend chapter that lasts 10 turns. Everybody counts down from ten before the new year. And "STAGE CLEARED" will be replaced with "HAPPY NEW YEAR"

Edited by Glennstavos

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's generally assumed they'll do something for New Year's, but it doesn't necessarily have to be anything big.

Hasn't there been a seasonal banner every month aside from the one with the CYL winners since the Spring Festival?

I cannot see them not doing a New Year banner, probably with the hoshido gang in kimonos and such, likely the moment the first rolls into town. But I'll admit to not being up to date on current gacha practices and how the japanese side felt about the banners you mentioned.

Specifically I'm guessing Takumi, Male Corrin, Ryoma and...well I was going to say Hinoka but I don't know if she necessarily has a ton of fans? Maybe Sakura, though she did just get a halloween banner. Oboro? She's pretty popular and would probably wear a fancy outfit. 

4 minutes ago, r_n said:

Hasn't there been a seasonal banner every month aside from the one with the CYL winners since the Spring Festival?

I cannot see them not doing a New Year banner, probably with the hoshido gang in kimonos and such, likely the moment the first rolls into town. But I'll admit to not being up to date on current gacha practices and how the japanese side felt about the banners you mentioned.

Specifically I'm guessing Takumi, Male Corrin, Ryoma and...well I was going to say Hinoka but I don't know if she necessarily has a ton of fans? Maybe Sakura, though she did just get a halloween banner. Oboro? She's pretty popular and would probably wear a fancy outfit. 

It would be a good time to revamp Oboro.  She is into fashion, and a flashy kimono would be very fitting.  Also, her stats definitely need a boost.

25 minutes ago, r_n said:

That doesn't stop them from not having a seasonal banner for a month. All they need is two non-seasonal new-character banners in a row with the correct timing to do that, and we've already seen them put two non-seasonal new-character banners in a row recently with the last two new-character banners.

28 minutes ago, r_n said:

It doesn't need to be a seasonal banner is mostly what I'm saying. There are a lot of options they have to do something for New Year's that isn't a seasonal banner.

I don't want to say that there won't be a seasonal New Year's banner since who knows what they're thinking over there. It's just not their only option.

If we are getting the New Years Banner coming up. I think the Nintendo 3DS characters would be:

Nintendo 3DS characters, probably the Fates characters or add few Awakening characters:

• Oboro
  • Ryoma
  • Kaze
  • Male Corrin
  • Owain/Odin
  • Severa/Selena

If it's not including the Awakening nor Fates characters, I think we could see:

• Ike
  • Roy
  • Clair
  • Celica

Brides aside, the seasonal banners have been gender-balanced which is a fair enough way of doing things, so despite it making sense that M Corrin would go with the three unused Hoshidan siblings, I'd say the chances are fairly remote. Azura is possible I guess - there's every probability that any New Year's banner was designed long before they came up with the Performing Arts one.

As for the Legendary Heroes thing, it may be possible that the next one is a completely different format. Technically, all the "legendary heroes" tag implies is that it will feature one or more Fjorm-type characters, i.e. those who interact with the new seasons system. How long are we going to be left hanging with no active hero for some seasons? It'd be really awkward if they keep drip-feeding us and we don't see a Fire hero until March/April, for example. It may be that they instead introduce a few of them at the same time in the same banner, and leave the existing regular units for a separate Hero Fest banner at some later date.

As a bonus, they could call the new banner Earth, Wind and Fire. It'd be a Boogie Wonderland!