Thoughts on a future installment.

3rd tier Classes, like the Marksman Class, the Archsage Class, etc.

Multiple Endings, like when the Protagonist returns alive, or the Protagonist leaving and making sure everyone thinks he is dead, or the Protagonist dies in the end as a hero.

Multiple Paths, like you choose where you want to go, or what strategy you should do.

Don't force it to be like Awakening again, having an avatar, to marry anyone, and having child units, and have some new characters reference previous characters such as 3 of the child units in Fates was complete bullshit.

Better Villains, I thought Zephiel was an amazing villain, and I find Ashnard and the Black Knight were great villains, and Arvis is one of the absolute best villains in Fire Emblem, and they are great examples, I wish that newer villains should have the same levels as those 4 Villains.

What do you want in Future Installments?

Edited by TheXGamer
I Put in the word Party instead of Tier. In the 3rd Tier Class area.

mm well, I agree with you where you said no to the avatar. Then we could have full voice acting because SoV was amazing with that, imo. 

I think children characters should be done more like Holy War, where the actual characters can marry w/ support growth. Also like you mentioned, Asugi/Rhajat/Caeldori were terrible from a personality standpoint. Same could be said for like 70% of fates characters tbh

Better villains too, please. Garon was that one cliche abusive parent starting tHe TrAgEdY oF CoRrIn's cHilDHooD, and the other villains were bland.  

Maybe an artist, the artist for SoV was amazing (forgot their name oops) & I'd love to seem them again.

Better character developement/personality. Seriously the characters in fates were really cliched, there were only a few good ones? And some okay ones? charlotte <3

By 3rd party classes do you mean 3rd arc? Because Archsage and Dreas fighter rocked.

ALSO, I'd love to see more unique models. Like, not having all the Priestess characters having the same colored/same type of outfit, for example. It'd be really cool if they had a unique outfit, like for their first class. 

4 hours ago, TheXGamer said:

Better Villains, I thought Zephiel was an amazing villain, and I find Ashnard and the Black Knight were great villains, and Arvis is one of the absolute best villains in Fire Emblem, and they are great examples, I wish that newer villains should have the same levels as those 4 Villains.

I doubt they'll do this. At best, we'll get the absolute worst of each - in other words, someone who firmly believes that humanity should die out(Zephiel), I don't know enough about Ashnard for this but pick his worst quality, someone who says things like one should rely on one's own strength but uses BS like invincible armor and a divine weapon(BK/Zelgius), and…well, actually I doubt they'll take the worst thing Arvis did seeing as how that was both unintentional on his part(I like to think) and totally not something any game designer would put into any game rated less than M.

As for your other points, I'd like alternate endings, yes, it is kind of lame that almost all FE games end the same. I think you mean 3rd Tier Classes, not 3rd Party Classes. If so, then sure, why not.
I actually liked all of those things you just said were BS in Awakening and Fates…well, except Asugi, I guess, I really didn't like him. Not being able to marry the Whitewings actually kind of bugged me about SoV, I probably would have considered it a con to the game if I hadn't known it was supposed to be a faithful remake.

Edited by SoulWeaver
had to post early because reasons

First off, I'd say you better worry more about not making it a habit to post your threads in the wrong forum, TC.

Anyway...

4 hours ago, TheXGamer said:

3rd Party Classes, like the Marksman Class, the Archsage Class, etc.

I hope you meant third tiers, and frankly, I highly doubt they'll do this...

11 hours ago, TheXGamer said:

3rd Party Classes, like the Marksman Class, the Archsage Class, etc.

That could only work if we got a very looooooooong game, and the only reason it worked in Tellius was because the whole 2 Games thing.

Multiple Paths, like you choose where you want to go, or what strategy you should do.

you know what would be pretty cool? Maps with 2 Objectives, of which only 1 you can finish, and depending on which objective you finish, you go that Route.

What do you want in Future Installments?

Above all, i want  good & engaging gameplay. I don't care about the story, don't care about the chracters, don't care about anything else if we got CQ levels of Gameplay (or better ^^). Altough, i wouldn't want CQ levels of Story again, but i can tolerate that if the gameplay is good enough^^

I want the large maps from FE4 to return, that'd be great to see, as would holy blood and holy weapons in some form.

3rd tier classes would be nice.

Most of all, however, I want to see canto and rescue return. Wtf happened to them???

3 hours ago, Gebby said:

Most of all, however, I want to see canto and rescue return. Wtf happened to them???

Rescue became what was the pair up system dude. As for canto though, I have no idea what happened to that.

Edited by CatManThree

I just like them to take a big good look at what went wrong in the last games and fix it. These things being villains, story and worldbuilding.

I think they will adress these issues because letting those flaws remain wouldn't make any sense. Those flaws are a mark against the game that can easily be fixed with a little effort thrown in. 

I'd love to see third tier classes. Also, tying into that I'd like to see the game be longer so that more can be expanded upon and they can have more world building and depth this way. The better villain idea is kind of a big thing for me really. I don't think all the newer villains are totally shitty (Gangrel was decent) but they can really do so much better and the Fates villains were fucking awful. The villains don't even have to be Arvis/Travant/Zephiel levels of good. I know IS can make good villains so hopefully they pull through and do it for the new installment. As for not having and avatar I'd agree with this if they plan to put a lot of focus on the avatar. I know people give New Mystery of the Emblem a lot of shit for how they handled the avatar but I don't think they did that bad with it. They didn't compromise the story for the avatar at all like Fates did. Instead it was just kind of something on the side to an extent and their was a little subplot with the gaiden chapters that kind of involved the avatar. It wasn't perfect but it wasn't as bad as Fates. Another option if they do have the avatar though is to allow you to change the personality or allow you to make choices on what to say or do. This could keep the avatar from just having to be a totally bland cookie cutter character. Also having actual choices such as routes to take and strategies would be amazing. I love the split route chapter idea from some of the older games. I'd honestly like them to add more of that. It would make the game more fun and each run would be more unique and it would allow for a lot more replay value. 

32 minutes ago, CatManThree said:

Rescue became what was the pair up system dude. As for canto though, I have no idea what happened to that.

Pair up is pretty different from rescue. you can't go up with a unit and pick someone up to save them unless you have shelter. 

Just now, edgelordweeaboo said:

Pair up is pretty different from rescue. you can't go up with a unit and pick someone up to save them unless you have shelter. 

Didnt say it was the same thing. I said that pair up CAME from the rescue system.

Also something I forgot to mention that the Shelter skill exists in Fates.

I wonder why so many people are clamoring for third tier classes to return... Frankly, it'd take a really long game to make it work. Besides, two of the games that had third tiers had it advantageous to promote early, and the last (Radiant Dawn) only had a small handful of units start in first tier.

4 hours ago, Gebby said:

I want the large maps from FE4 to return, that'd be great to see, as would holy blood and holy weapons in some form.

No. Just no. So sorry, but I don't want a game that's as tedious to play through as FE4 is... And I say "Non!" to holy blood and holy weapons too - only balance issues can spring forth from them...

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

2 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I wonder why so many people are clamoring for third tier classes to return... Frankly, it'd take a really long game to make it work. Besides, two of the games that had third tiers had it advantageous to promote early, and the last (Radiant Dawn) only had a small handful of units start in first tier.

My guess is that is leads to more progression gameplay wise. But imo, it adds more problems than it gains, from balance issues, to the length of the game, to amount of characters playable. As seen with Radiant Dawn.

2 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

No. Just no. So sorry, but I don't want a game that's as tedious to play through as FE4 is... And I say "Non!" to holy blood and holy weapons too - only balance issues can spring forth from them...

I rather liked the atmosphere that the large maps provide, it feels more like a handful of large scale battles than a shitload of minor skirmishes. It can get tedious, I agree, but maybe a couple larger maps thrown in here and there?

And yeah, holy weapons do cause some units to become broken. Which is beautiful. Let it happen.

Edited by Gebby

1 hour ago, Gebby said:

I rather liked the atmosphere that the large maps provide, it feels more like a handful of large scale battles than a shitload of minor skirmishes. It can get tedious, I agree, but maybe a couple larger maps thrown in here and there?

And yeah, holy weapons do cause some units to become broken. Which is beautiful. Let it happen.

The problem with that is that it hurts the gameplay -  I'm already turned off from playing FE4 as is because it's a huge slog to play. I'm not against large maps, but I just don't want them on the scale of FE4's maps...

No thank you - as things are, balance is an issue already, and FE4 set a hell of a lot of bad examples in that area. It's a hell of a lot better if holy blood and holy weapons stay in the graveyard of awful game ideas....

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

If something akin to holy weapons were to ever return, atleast don't bring back the +30 Stat Bonus, that was ridiculous. Just normal +5 to a stat like most legendary weapons is enough.

like a handful of large scale battles 

Exactly what made FE4's gameplay so boring. Weak Unit spam in block formations.

Edited by Shrimperor

14 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

you know what would be pretty cool? Maps with 2 Objectives, of which only 1 you can finish, and depending on which objective you finish, you go that Route.

Holy snap, I want this to be a thing. Now where was this idea when Fates came out? There are so many Chapters in all the paths that could have used this to great effect.

8 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Eh, I'm more neutral towards it overall - I won't lose any sleep over them not being put into future FE games, but if they want to put it in, eh, whatever. Hey, while we're at it, maybe they can make Counter actually good for playable Units!