Which Weapon Triangle should comeback?

Pre-Fates Weapon Triangle or Fates Weapon Triangle?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. As the title says what should come back or return to the upcoming game?

• Pre-Fates(Swords-Axes-Lances) bows/daggers neutral with return of light magic and magic weapon triangle
    • Fates(Swords/Tomes-Axes/Daggers-Lance/Bows)

I'm definitely want Pre-Fates weapon triangle back plus Light Magic return even the magic triangle. To me it was more fun and very less confusing how Fates handle it. I feel the chances are high given how Heroes kinda has the same feeling for that system but their might be few that like the Fates one but I like to see how many if any.

I always liked the magic triangle of the GBA games, and would love for it to come back alongside the weapon triangle.

One of the many problems with Fates is that Dark magic felt just shoved in without a purpose. I mean, there was only one Dark magic in the game anyway, and that's boring. I'd like to see it come back in full measure, with classes devoted entirely to it (as opposed to using rudimentary "Anima" as well like in Awakening and Fates), and I certainly wouldn't object to the return of Light magic either.

I wouldn't object to seeing Fates's weapon triangle again - frankly, magic being in the weapon triangle felt like it made more difference than the magic triangle ever did, and ever will...

Something new. 

I'd be fine with something along the lines of the Heroes triangle, where there's a magic triangle and a physical triangle that affect each other. 

Edited by Slumber

2 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Heroes

Swords and one kind of magic beats axes and a different type beats lances and a third type, bows and daggers are separate.

I'd prefer anima/light/dark over fire/wind/thunder, is the only thing I'd change.

That reminds me, I'm personally hesitant on thinking daggers are here to stay... and honestly, I don't care which magic triangle they use, because it'll be irrelevant unless they go the Heroes route again with the weapon triangle, which I ain't counting on happening any time soon.

I'd wan't the GBA triangle back. Not that the Fates triangle is bad, I just forget what the counters for the ranged weapons are half the time simply because my brain is wired to think in terms of just swords-lances-axes thanks to the other games. 

I picked the Fates one, but really would prefer if they just kept it simple like the Heroes triangle. Swords->Axes->Lances and repeat. Bows and dagger should always be kept separate from the others, and as for a magic triangle I don't think it would do much. Mages to me have always been better aimed at the more defensive units who have crappy resistance. Why would you want to attack a unit with good resistance (which mages usually have) with them?I haven't played the GBA games so I don't know anything about that triangles actual effects on gameplay though.

On 12/21/2017 at 11:45 PM, MCProductions said:

Echoes Style, down with the Triangle, it's pointless

Except that differing weapon types are quite frankly pointless without the weapon triangle. Unless they intend to drastically alter the purpose of each weapon type, we'll have a system in which classes are less distinct and classes with multiple weapon types (like Heroes) feel more arbitrary. 

On 12/23/2017 at 10:26 AM, YingofDarkness said:

I picked the Fates one, but really would prefer if they just kept it simple like the Heroes triangle. Swords->Axes->Lances and repeat. Bows and dagger should always be kept separate from the others, and as for a magic triangle I don't think it would do much. Mages to me have always been better aimed at the more defensive units who have crappy resistance. Why would you want to attack a unit with good resistance (which mages usually have) with them?I haven't played the GBA games so I don't know anything about that triangles actual effects on gameplay though.

The magic triangle was meaningless in GBA as well for much the same reasons.

Tellius

or FE7x

Let me clarify, in FE7x Bows always have advantage at 2 range, while always have WTD at 1 range. That, along the buffed WT in FE7x (+/-3 damage instead of +/-1) makes the Traingle matter, and makes Archers really good at taking down targets, because 3 Damage are nothing to scoof at, especially early game.

Also, in FE7x Mages usually deal +5 Damage to each other unless they are at WTD, which makes the Magic Triangle really matter.

Fates is fine as well, but i always find it idiotic how Archers have disadvantage against Mages and Swords.

Edited by Shrimperor

On December 28, 2017 at 6:54 PM, Shrimperor said:

Tellius

or FE7x

Let me clarify, in FE7x Bows always have advantage at 2 range, while always have WTD at 1 range. That, along the buffed WT in FE7x (+/-3 damage instead of +/-1) makes the Traingle matter, and makes Archers really good at taking down targets, because 3 Damage are nothing to scoof at, especially early game.

Also, in FE7x Mages usually deal +5 Damage to each other unless they are at WTD, which makes the Magic Triangle really matter.

Let me be frank--I do not support this idea. You're recommending going to blatantly unrealistic extremes just because a hack does so.

I think I'd want the Tellius triangle. Standard melee, but fire, thunder and wind. Dark magic could belong to mages that don't get staves, would probably be best left outside the triangle with maybe an exception or two along the lines of dark fire ect. Similar for light magic, except they'd get staves and less access to non-light magic.

I'm open to bows getting a buff, whether its more range or an advantageous position in the triangle. There should be a reason to use them over magic and hand-axes. It doesn't have to be Echoes bows, but they need something. 

I want knives to return, but I'd prefer them to be more of a secondary weapon, outside the triangle. I don't want them to be quite as weak as Tellius knives, but still weaker than standard weapons. 

3 hours ago, Cornguy said:

I think I'd want the Tellius triangle. Standard melee, but fire, thunder and wind. Dark magic could belong to mages that don't get staves, would probably be best left outside the triangle with maybe an exception or two along the lines of dark fire ect. Similar for light magic, except they'd get staves and less access to non-light magic.

I'm open to bows getting a buff, whether its more range or an advantageous position in the triangle. There should be a reason to use them over magic and hand-axes. It doesn't have to be Echoes bows, but they need something. 

I want knives to return, but I'd prefer them to be more of a secondary weapon, outside the triangle. I don't want them to be quite as weak as Tellius knives, but still weaker than standard weapons. 

I fail to see why separate magic ranks for fire, thunder, and wind would be anything other than a huge step backwards - about the only way to handle that well is to lock anima mages to their one magic type, which I don't see happening if Radiant Dawn and Genealogy are any indication...

First off, I have to admit I skipped Fates, so I'm a little biased.

I'm too used to axe-sword-lance at this point and really don't want to deal with a different triangle. It might be cool to have daggers act like swords in the triangle as a bit of a throwback to the days when thieves wielded swords, though.

It could be fun to have a separate triangle for ranged weapons if they had enough different weapons. For example, bow-knife-shuriken could be interesting.

As for magic, I'd like to see a hybrid triangle with the light-dark-anima triangle, but inside anima we still have the wind-fire-thunder triangle as well.

I'd prefer the way the GBA games did it the best.

The one thing I definitely do not wish to see is a Heroes-esque triangle, where different types of magic have advantage/disadvantage against different physical weapons. And if they must bring back the bow/dagger/tome triangle, I hope they keep it completely distinct from the sword/lance/axe triangle this time