Antihero Anonydraft Mafia (Game Over)

BBM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you guys talked a bunch and decided to lynch Dr. Crowler Faye Valentine Endeavor. He was the Town Vanilla. Oops...

End of D3 Votals

Endeavor (5): Lapis Lazuli, Kokichi Ouma, Mello, Nagito Komaeda
Lapis Lazuli (2): Endeavor, Beast
Beast (1): The Batter

Not Voting (2): Omar Little, Toshio Ozaki

Night 3 has begun. 24.5 hours to get actions in.

• BBM changed the title to Antihero Anonydraft Mafia (Night 3)

Welp decided to procrastinate on making a post but phase ends at 2:00 I think so let's go. 

@Nagito Komaeda I believe toshio had said before that crawler was a good lynch target so it they would have provide some justification for that and you would still have to provide justification for other reads even if they were secondary unless you wanted to look bad?

I disagree with Kokichi that scum beast wouldn't present more controversial opinions. I feel like if beast actually didn't present controversial opinions he'd be on the chopping block the next day after the lynch of endeavor. The general impression I got from the thread is that we go endeavor to beast and if things didn't change soon beast would get lynched. (note: this isn't what makes beast scummy to me but it's justification for why beast could commit their actions as scum). If beast had pretty much just came in and echoed everyone's opinions about endeavor and endeavor flips town, i'm pretty sure he'd be lynched the next day.

Speaking of which, I still don't like beast. As mello pointed out, their lapis vote is a misrep of what lapis actually said. They also seem to say lapis's vote on nagito is worse because they think nagito is townish? (that's the impression i got from beast's post) but that doesn't make sense because why should your read make someone else's vote worse. This may just be bias because of my read on toshio, but beast's vote on lapis for one post over their read on toshio with many posts bugs me. IDK, it just feels weird that they would prioritize a read off one post when from their POV, they pointed out a consistent issue with toshio in multiple posts.

Toshio's response to me actually makes me even more confused about why they called it "bad opinions". Asking for clarification on reads (crawler was asking beast for this in the post toshio quoted) isn't saying that beast has bad opinions? I said this was a misrep before and was wrong but i think this actually is a misrepresentation of what crawler said. And while I think it's fair that if crawler literally only posted about beast being their only read that it might be scum trying to fake it crawler did give other opinions some of which felt original such as the batter one.

" Endeavor voting Batter over his RVS post seems like a bit of a reach, particularly when considering Endeavor did a similar thing in RVS. Chalk that one up to the "indeterminate" pile.
- Titania's response to the RVS self vote was interesting, but due to it being RVS, I'm willing to let it slide. Further content hasn't bothered me.
- Batter's weak vote on Kratos is concerning, merely due to the lack of commitment. Given the information when they posted, I don't think the case itself was necessarily wrong, but with Kratos' response it doesn't really lead anywhere at this time.
- Kratos is fine. I don't have any particular issues with him at the moment.
- Kokichi is also fine, as I don't take particular issue with their RVS actions unlike some. "

They also had a substantial rick case earlier which was very original. I just feel dumb for not calling people out on this earlier instead of saying "I don't get it, crawler did have opinions, why is everyone scumreading him for having no opinions" T_T. Also looking back, really bothered by how Toshio basically ignored my entire post on endeavor and just voted endeavor anyway.

That's the thing that bothers me about Lapis and batter as well. Lapis did actually ask me a question about the post but idk it sort of felt like they made the point much less significant than it actually was. This is partially my fault too i'll admit since i kind of half assed my point because i just sort of gave up when Endeavor got to L1 within a few hours of phase starting but still sticks out to me. Batter didn't do anything however, Still like beast and toshio much more though because of earlier stuff.

I also realize, it might be possible lylo this day because if scum have vengeful, if we lynch town today and they get a kill it is now 3/2, we lynch the vengeful and they get a kill it is now 2/1, scum gets the nightkill making it 1/1 they win. I now feel really dumb assuming we had two guaranteed mislynches making me half ass my defense of endeavor. The possibility of scum vengeful though makes me not willing to compromise on tomorrow's lynch. I want either beast or toshio and unless something crazy happens (or they somehow radicially change my mind)  not going to compromise unless me not compromising will result in a no lynch.

oh and if you guys wanted to know what i was waiting for beast to do, it was their vote. In my head I assumed beast would vote for toshio or lapis (reasons being others suspected lapis somewhat), if they voted for toshio i would be troubled because two reads wouldn't hold up very well because it'd make no sense for scum to bus each other now. Them voting for lapis just helped me make sure my reads made sense.

You wake up, but The Batter is lying in a pool of blood. He was the Town 1x Vengeful.

Suddenly, he stirs, gasping weakly, and pulls out a gun...

It is the Interlude. Nobody can post while waiting for The Batter to shoot.

• BBM changed the title to Antihero Anonydraft Mafia (Interlude)
  • BBM changed the title to Antihero Anonydraft Mafia (Day 4)

I was also scumreading Batter so yeah I definitely suck.

##Vote: Toshio Ozaki

I feel like he's approaching the game with a very narrow minded view and rarely steps back to look at the players he's already reading town, which is a bad place to be! His interaction with Rick ("am I the scummiest person") also looks made up to me, like the conversation was very forced. Neither of them seemed to gain a thing from the reaction because I don't remember Ozaki talking about Rick much afterwards anyway! I feel like his hopeboy read is the best example of his lack of developments in reads because it was based on something on D2 that most people disregarded but he seems to think it's still a strong tell until he runs out of people to lynch. I don't remember him ever really looking into hopeboy afterwards which is a lame way to approach it if you're town. Also (added in 2 minutes between video games) I remember him being weirdly dismissive of Beast suspicions without directly addressing him.

Votals 4.1

Toshio Ozaki (3): Omar Little, Kokichi Ouma (L-1!)

Not Voting (4): Toshio Ozaki, Mello, Nagito Komaeda, Lapis Lazuli

72 hours left in the phase. 4 votes to hammer.

Just now, Kokichi Ouma said:

I actually came into today hard townreading Beast after reading overnight. I fucking suck at mafia.

I was going to case Batter but don't tell anyone.

@Mello Why didn't you vote Beast at the end of yesterday?

@Omar Little Do you think his interactions w/Toshio were staged yesterday?  Why?  If you thought Endeavor was definitely town yesterday, why didn't you vote Beast?  Why didn't you provide an updated read on Beast at all after his content?

My initial impression is that Lapis had the best interactions w/him.  Lapis because he misrepped the slot, which he definitely wouldn't need to do if he was casing a scumbuddy.  Mello's interactions seemed townie but then Mello didn't vote him (despite asking me if I wanted to vote the slot), which bothers me.  Kokichi hard defends Beast which is null.  Toshio's interactions are strange because he never has a definite read on Beast despite being cased AND considering the case on him bad.  I don't like Omar's interactions (answer my questions above) but the way Beast just dismissed his slot altogether doesn't read as scum/scum.  I'll vote after I get some answers.

I didn't provide much of a read cuz I was looking to at the thread to answer your questions and then you hammered u nerd. My insomniac post was basically my post I was going to make during the day. I'll admit that not voting beast was shitty play. Didn't really see how I was gonna convince anyone to Lynch beast since no one seemed to care about my case I had made the night before and my case hadn't changed so figured there was no point.

I do think that the interactions look staged because of the reasoning I posted in night post. Beast's vote on lapis when he called out toshio with multiple posts makes no sense. 

10 minutes ago, Mello said:

That guy should just concede so town can win after lynching 0 anti-town.

Agreed. My talent is the one thing I can rely on, after all, and what would be luckier than mafia conceding?

3 minutes ago, Omar Little said:

I didn't provide much of a read cuz I was looking to at the thread to answer your questions and then you hammered u nerd. My insomniac post was basically my post I was going to make during the day. I'll admit that not voting beast was shitty play. Didn't really see how I was gonna convince anyone to Lynch beast since no one seemed to care about my case I had made the night before and my case hadn't changed so figured there was no point.

Oh...my bad.  I honestly forgot that you cased them on D2, so thanks for reminding me about that.  I believe your defense is genuine (I can't really blame you for feeling that way considering the collective ennui at the start of D3), at least.  I just wish you voted Beast at the start of D3 because it'd be such an obvious town thing to do when combined with your Endeavor defense!  As it is, now I'll have to consider four people.

Actually, people ( @Kokichi Ouma @Lapis Lazuli @Mello @Omar Little @Toshio Ozaki ) should claim their strongest town and scumreads so I can get a better idea of where everyone stands.  For my money, Lapis looks the best from interactions + play, even though I'm still bothered by her D2 entrance.  WRT scumreads, it's...probably Toshio, unless Mello gives a particularly unsatisfying response.  Look man, even disregarding interactions, what Kokichi said about your case on me is absolutely true.  You going from hard townreading me based off a townslip to being willing to lynch me over several people...I can't help but feeling a little betrayed!  Even someone as worthless as me feels this way!  It'd be one thing if my other content pinged you, but I never got that impression from your posts. 

Toshio for strongest mello and lapis for towniest. Trying to get your scum buddy lynched (lapis) right now sounds incredibly dumb and beast voted mello first thing d2 I think which would make no sense considering he just lost a scum buddy. Also new beasts attempt to try to "unclear" mello looked like an attempt to open up a new Lynch option.

I reskimmed yesterday with scum Beast in mind while half falling asleep.

Town
Omar - Play has been strong and I don't think scum picks Insomniac over Ninja when they seem to have mostly gotten low prio? At least what I'd guess from the flips. They have good scum interactions too.
Lapis - I think scum!Lapis would struggle to fake their posts and their interactions with Beast seemed believable, was probably Beast's intended mislynch for today?
Nagito - Post D1 play looked townie when I checked it again and at a glance interactions with Beast seems good.
Mello - Slightly scared of throwing the game on the townslip but I haven't really reevaluated Mello. I was townreading him before then though and the only thing that bugs me is that they seemed to be willing to switch yesterday but never did. 
Toshio - Read up.
Scum

BTW, I'm not talking about his actual case itself but him saying that the town slip was a null slip but not adequately explaining why.  I could see it coming from an informed position but overall I think he'd be more likely to let his scumbuddy coast on that.