Antihero Anonydraft Mafia (Game Over)

BBM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Kokichi Ouma said:

Vn8DDCV.png

Oh, uh, that...? Heh... Wait, no, I totally had a reason! @Monoku- I mean, @BBM, votals?

Surely you can provide a better explanation for your Rick case than that, can't you?  Catching scum off of such simple reasoning would be...disappointing.  Not nearly strong enough to be a stepping stone for hope.

3 minutes ago, Kokichi Ouma said:

I'll take that as a yes. Here it goes!

I'm a Mayor! Wow, betcha didn't see that one coming! That was the joke I was getting at when I said that Rick had miscounted... before realising that he was actually just a moron.

How does that shake up your reads?

It doesn't.

Just now, Kokichi Ouma said:

I'll take that as a yes. Here it goes!

I'm a Mayor! Wow, betcha didn't see that one coming! That was the joke I was getting at when I said that Rick had miscounted... before realising that he was actually just a moron.

How does that shake up your reads?

Yes, this is exactly what I wanted!  I knew a worthless player like me couldn't catch scum as easily as that.  It would also explain why none of your later content pinged me.

##Unvote

##Vote: Endeavor

@Endeavor Since you might have missed it the first time around, I'll summarize my doubts about you.  Your Kokichi read was weirdly dismissive and your vote on Batter read as you trying to get scum intent from posts where there obviously wasn't any.

Votals 1.1

Endeavor (5): Mercenary Kratos, Kokichi Ouma, Faye Valentine, Nagito Komaeda
Kokichi Ouma (2): Rick, Titania Andersen
Mercenary Kratos (1): The Batter
The Batter (1): Endeavor

Not Voting (6): Mello, Lapis Lazuli, Dr. Crowler, Omar Little, Beast, Toshio Ozaki

A little over 69 hours left in the phase. 8 votes to hammer.

@BBM Hi, requesting that you have an award postgame for best roleplaying. There have already been some award worthy instances.

@Nagito Komaeda I'm voting the slot because at this point of time, I don't see a better use of my vote. Kokichi unsatisfactorily answered my question (although I just checked and I guess he claimed). I don't like Endeavor either, but I don't see the need to switch my vote onto him to add more pressure (since there's already a significant amount).

There's no reason to townread/scumread people based on their role in this game.  Since the alignments are determined before the roles are picked, scum can just as easily pick townie roles as safeclaims, and town can pick scum roles to deny scum any sort of worthwhile power.

That said, ##Vote: The Batter

The Kratos case is way too graspy and takes his actions out of context.  Titania never voted Kratos, so why do you think his vote is a reaction to being voted? He clearly had a problem with the Kokichi wagon, so its reasonable from a town perspective to vote one of the people on the wagon.

Furthermore, you're nitpicking his case on Endeavor. Where is the scum intent here? It seems like you have a problem with him not voting Endeavor earlier, but then, why is the Titania a vote a worse vote at that point in time?

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

Oh, okay. He's mayor then. I don't know if this will make me reevaluate things, sec.

For you, it isn't. That hopeless idiot was the only one who had a read affected by it, so I wanted to put them on the spot and make them prove their innocence by putting their townie mind to work! Unfortunately the result is... mostly null in terms of content, but it was a quick response, which does at least earn him some brownie points.

Due to my limited abilities, I'm afraid I can't perceive peoples' issues w/Faye Valentine cases.  Could someone explain this to me like I'm an idiot?  I'm asking about this slot specifically because I didn't get any intent at all from my initial read, which is a bit troubling from someone who is sharing a vote with me.  I'd really prefer not to be sharing a vote with despair, after all.

@Mello Your first point...bothers me.  Town/scum/ITP will go for very different roles, and ignoring that is at best willfully ignorant.  Before the game began, my thought process was that I'd go for the following roles depending on my alignment.

Town: Follower, Vengeful, Hooker, Amnesiac, Hijacker

Scum: Vengeful, Hooker, Ninja, Hijacker, Sidekick

ITP: BPV, Networker, Strongman, Amnesiac, Insomniac, Mayor

Just because a role can be any alignment doesn't mean it isn't more likely as one alignment.  For example, scum could pick Doctor for WIFOM, but it's more likely that they would pick actually useful roles instead.  They're filled with despair, not idiots.

That being said, I don't believe anyones' reads were dependent on a mayor claim being town, so what is the purpose of your first paragraph?  Are you trying to dissuade people from changing their mind in Kokichi?  That would be...problematic.  It's one thing to argue against cases you perceive as being bad, but to preemptively do so without any such cases existing reeks of an ulterior motive.

I'll make sure this village isn't destroyed by the darkness within like my last one. I'll do whatever it takes to get my hands dirty.

2 hours ago, Mercenary Kratos said:

I can understand this logic but this also further proves my point from my previous post.  Almost anybody could state this as a defense to placing their vote on Kokichi and get away with it.

So Titania was doing the thing that you thought scum would be doing but then you unvote them?

##Vote: Mercenary Kratos

I think that disliking self votes isn't scummy (but neither is self-voting) but don't think this is very likely to come from town trying to catch scum. Complaining that Endeavor wasn't moving his vote around to pressure people is dumb when:

a) its RVS so wagoning people and letting wagons happen is fine, and

b) Kratos themselves didn't initially react and form a conclusive opinion on the wagon voters until a little time later, so Endeavor coming in and not jumping to a conclusion should not be treated with such disdain from Kratos.

Kratos then doesn't move their vote after Endeavor's follow up while not really discussing their overall satisfaction with Endeavor's choice of movement. I don't feel like Kratos particularly cares about who they are voting. This "Batter" explained it quite well too so I'm glad to see a town willing to save itself for a change.

Speaking of, I don't really see anything particularly scummy about Endeavor, while I have had bad encounters with fire in the past a superhero is exactly what this village needs. I hardly think criticising people's tones in RVS counts as scummy play that tries to hinder discussion. An extraordinarily weak vote here from a woman that is supposed to carry us. I'm not a fan of foolish women.

I can't see the Endeavor cases here, he has had too few posts for me to make any kind of a read on.  I disagree with Kokichi on his reasons for voting Endeavor- it didn't feel like Endeavor had stronger reasons to vote Titania over Batter at that juncture.

3 minutes ago, Toshio Ozaki said:

I'll make sure this village isn't destroyed by the darkness within like my last one. I'll do whatever it takes to get my hands dirty.

So Titania was doing the thing that you thought scum would be doing but then you unvote them?

##Vote: Mercenary Kratos

I think that disliking self votes isn't scummy (but neither is self-voting) but don't think this is very likely to come from town trying to catch scum. Complaining that Endeavor wasn't moving his vote around to pressure people is dumb when:

a) its RVS so wagoning people and letting wagons happen is fine, and

b) Kratos themselves didn't initially react and form a conclusive opinion on the wagon voters until a little time later, so Endeavor coming in and not jumping to a conclusion should not be treated with such disdain from Kratos.

Kratos then doesn't move their vote after Endeavor's follow up while not really discussing their overall satisfaction with Endeavor's choice of movement. I don't feel like Kratos particularly cares about who they are voting. This "Batter" explained it quite well too so I'm glad to see a town willing to save itself for a change.

Speaking of, I don't really see anything particularly scummy about Endeavor, while I have had bad encounters with fire in the past a superhero is exactly what this village needs. I hardly think criticising people's tones in RVS counts as scummy play that tries to hinder discussion. An extraordinarily weak vote here from a woman that is supposed to carry us. I'm not a fan of foolish women.

????

I definitely do care for whom I am voting you mongrel.  Also whether I come in to drop a vote on someone on a wagon should not change the fact that endeavor should have a reaction to it considering whether he wanted to be or not, he ended up on a wagon that had 5 (maybe 6 votes cause mayor) on it.

Your case on me sounds like you are just criticizing the fact that I didn't like that someone was randomly at L-2 or 3 at the beginning of page 2.  You say you aren't seeing anything particularly scummy about endeavor but yet your case against me isn't really strong at all and considering I started the vote on Endeavor it partially seems like you are defending him here.  So let's try and get a bigger picture of everything.

What are your opinions on the other people currently voting endeavor?  Also, not counting me, do you have any sort of other real read on anyone?  Or do you have anything to say about anything else that has happened so far, I know not too much has happened but there has been enough to spark some sort of conversation or thought process as has been proven by the fact that people are doing those things.

8 minutes ago, Toshio Ozaki said:

@Nagito I think they were referring to you suddenly being happy with Kokichi after they claimed mayor.

I'm not happy because of the mayor claim, but because it explained why they seemingly lied earlier on.  Catching scum off of reasoning like that would be such a let down, so I'm glad that Kokichi was able to shoot down my weak case so convincingly.

Although I'm more interested in your reply to Kratos.  Whose hope will prevail in the end?

@Mello If Endeavor has too few posts for you to get a read on, how do you have a read on Batter (who has a similar number of posts)?

@Mercenary Kratos Can you clarify your case on Endeavor for me?  From my memory, your main issue seems to be that he didn't react when he should have.  That's...a bit weak, isn't it?  I must be missing something here, that can't be all there is to it.

Look at that scum overreaction. Looks like Shiki and mafia behave just as desperately under pressure. I'll have to remember that.

Just to be clear why is what Endeavor did scummy but what you did town?

My case on you is regardless of your reasoning it is your vote patterns don't try to misrep.

I have nothing to say about the two votes on Endeavor that I haven't commented on. They are fine. Just fine. Dunno why you're trying to accuse me of not participating considering I have commented on the two biggest wagons of the day.

You can always comment on your thoughts on Endeavor's vote if you like. 

Just now, Nagito Komaeda said:

@Mercenary Kratos Can you clarify your case on Endeavor for me?  From my memory, your main issue seems to be that he didn't react when he should have.  That's...a bit weak, isn't it?  I must be missing something here, that can't be all there is to it.

Yes my Endeavor case is weak, for the most part it is just a simple fact of wondering why he didn't respond to anything.  I didn't state this previously but I also wasn't a GREAT fan of his first post on page 3, albeit minorly.  However I wanted to press someone and attempt to get some reads before I head off for the night in a bit.  I more or less have my vote on him because I wanted him to respond to me and I wanted to see his reaction as well as others.  He has yet to respond to my post on page 3 I believe which has more of a case on him than page 2 has.